main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social [Real Life Geekery] RPF Meet Up Thread - London September 2011?

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by DarthXan318, Nov 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Amazing! How did you get both of the self proclaimed evils of SinRe and Darth Helenith to come out with red eyes? The Sith with a piercing gaze and Darth Xan looking quiet innocent with no red eyes for a Mod, but we know the wonders and horrors each of these four bring[face_hypnotized]...

And I wouldn't want it any other way;) Maybe in a few years I'll be able to take my dream trips to a Celebration VI and Europe...where I'll finally be able to meet some of the great TFN Wonders.

2. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    *grins*

I'm feeling extra Sithly tonight.
    I'll put my photos up tomorrow or on Tuesday. [face_mischief]

Actually I'm pretty shattered.
    ^Thats the excuse.^
    The real reason is far more exciting and adventurous and may or may not one day be told... [face_skull]

*crawls off to bed*

3. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Aww!!!! I'm so glad y'all got to meet up! And jealous too.

Xani some day we're going to both sit in Impy's lap like we do in the chatroom.

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    You're all so serious in that photo--well, except for Xany. Of course, I'm scarcely one to talk.

It sounds like you guys had quite a lot of fun. Very cool! This reminds me that I really ought to make a thread about my upcoming trip to Australia, so that I could meet up with some JCers too.

I need to go to London though, if only so that Sinre and I could meet up in person. I have a feeling that it would be very interesting.

5. darthhelinith

Feb 10, 2009
    Okays, photos.

Only got a few and these are by far the best. Trouble is, this one doesn't have me in it.
    I wonder if theres a connection...
    [image=http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs106.snc3/15368_190553020302_556730302_3537742_3804528_n.jpg]
    Sithly, Xany and Sinre from right to left, because I like be awkward like that.
    [image=http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs106.snc3/15368_190553035302_556730302_3537743_5534151_n.jpg]
    Oh and the waitress from Pizza Hut has moved up on my hit list. [face_skull] :p
    At least it doesn't look too bad when small.

Lastly, it has nothing to do with anything, but it's my first apple in 11 weeks.
    I don't usually buy them because they tend to go off before I've eaten them all, but my Mum gave me one for my trip home.
    Enjoy it's red shiny beauty, mortals!
    [image=http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs086.snc3/15368_190553040302_556730302_3537744_57053_n.jpg]

6. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Breaks my heart I couldn´t be there. BREAKS. MY. HEART. *crrk*

7. darthhelinith

Feb 10, 2009
    *crosses Fins off her hit list*

Another down...

8. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008

... Fins had a heart?:confused:

:p

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    It was exceptional fun, especially the awesomeness of my apprentices pirate hat.

[face_shhh]

Double [face_shhh]

We were all worried the waitress would run off with the camera. :p

We should practice our meeting line.

How about... So we meet at last... infidel?

Nah, too Vong-ish.

It was a great meet, I really enjoyed chatting about games and general SW canon. I think I came off as slightly obsessed with LotF and Legacy. [face_blush]

10. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    you know... since it was all gossip, i think i hope i DIDN'T come up in conversation... <_<

11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Very cool! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! And I agree with Sey - I'm jealous! :p

If only we were able to pull off that meeting in NYC back in the summer. Oh well, one of these days...

12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Mortals? We mustn't have met before.

In that case, why were you dining at such an unsavory locale?

I'll settle with "rise, my loyal subject."

Ah, but that's no fun.

13. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    It was indeed a lot of fun. :D And yeah, everyone else was all serious-looking in the photos! When we looked at the cameras after they'd been taken I was like ... hey ... why am I the only one grinning like a lunatic? ... Er, don't answer that.

Mitthfisto - Sinre and Helenith are both actually really nice in person - funny, chatty, generally unSithly - they spent a good, I dunno, 15 minutes at least acting out SW parodies, and I was cracking up throughout. [face_laugh] (Yes, I am blowing your cover. Sorry. :D)

Sey - Yes we do!! One day... :D

Fins - You should've been there! We have to meet up sometime when you get here, if only for tea or so.

Trim - O:)

Jello - We were there cause it builds character! [face_talk_hand] :p

AND, guess what, I got to meet Wing today! :D He couldn't make it yesterday thanks to transport issues, but he was in central London today and we managed to meet up for, what, an hour and a bit, and we had a great time chatting about everything. :D Didn't manage to squeeze any Man Cubs spoilers of note out of him though, but not for lack of trying. :p I have a couple of pictures which will be up ... when I get home, unfortunately, as I seem to have forgotten the cable to plug my camera's USB cable. :(

14. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Ya to see pics of Winge--

Is that a zombie book? *squints between the Xani and Sinre within the picture to see it*

15. darthhelinith

Feb 10, 2009
    Jello: Sorry, but Sinre got there first. I serve only him.

Lies all lies.:D

The fact that I can reel off the entire Robot Chicken Star Wars scene with the Emperor recieving the call from Vader about the Death Star having been blown up is entirly unrelated. [face_not_talking] :p

"...So I threw the Senate at him. The WHOLE senate! True Story!"

"Oh my Gosh, that is sooooo funny!"

"You made it come out of my nose!"

My impression of Sinre still stands- my former Master is a walking ABY encyclopedia. Xany is innocent looking with some cool characters up her sleeve, and Sithly has a unique style of role playing which tends to spark the imagination.

16. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Why am I never there for these kind of things? :_|

17. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Ah, and far be it from me to dispute seniority with Sinre.

We certainly don't have a history of doing just that. Oh no, that would be untoward. :p

18. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    I would pay money to see that for the conversations alone. :p

19. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Good, we'll sell tickets. It'd be an RPF fundraiser. Hooper's could use some remodeling--why, you can barely even see Wall8 anymore!

20. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Yeah sorry fellas I couldn't make it on the Sunday. I was delighted to get to meet Xany though, she's as lovely in RL as she is online.

21. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Not too much. ;)

Occasionally one must create the impression that he is a "man of the people", after all.

"And now, young Jello. You shall bow."

History? Us? We would never engage in such frivolty. The untamed masses are our targets, nay?

We could hire better staff!

Fixing the post

22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Now that you're a manager, you should know that using &lt;/&gt; symbols, even in quotes, will break posts since the boards will think they're introducing html tags. :p

But don't worry, as a sign of my magnanimity, I fixed your post for you.

23. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Wow, this seems like it was a lot of fun. Too bad I live in America. :p

We need to get together over here sometime.

24. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Yes you should! It was great fun. :D

Annndd... me and Wing! There are three pictures. Either I look dumb, he looks dumb or we both look dumb, so for fairness' sake I shall post the last one. :p

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/xany/pics/P1013403.jpg]

It was great fun meeting Wing - he's not half as quiet IRL as his online Mysterious Lurker persona would suggest. :D The background there is the inside of a Tube station, because we were talking right up to the point I had to leave and we nearly forgot about pics. :p

25. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Ah yes indeed, it was fun. :D

And gods, I'm an extremely vain man, but for some reason I just don't photo well. Though in the other two photos I look vaguely like a psychopath, so this was probably the best. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.