main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Real-Life" Ghosts Story and Supernatural Television Shows

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Well as much as I may love WB's "Supernatural" - this thread isn't about it. This place is to discuss your favorite paranormal television series and programs that are on television.

Are you a "Ghosthunters" fanatic? Do you live for Haunted month in October on "The Travel Channel"? Are you still angry at ABC for pretty much killing "World's Scariest Places" when they took over Fox Family channel?

Come in here to discuss your favorite shows, best haunts on tv, which are the best and cheesiest paranormal programming out there.

2. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Ghost Hunters is awesome. I got hooked on it this year, and bought the first season on DVD. The two guys Grant and Jay seem cool, and I like how you see the unedited ghost footage.

Most Haunted is also fun. Even though Derrick gets on my nerves, I enjoy seeing the places in the UK they visit.

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Oh my god, I feel exactly the same way about Derrick. I love "Most Haunted" otherwise.

Ghost Hunters is out on DVD? I've Tivoed and DVR'd most of them so I might not buy it, but if the special features are cool....the episode where they visited the huge decomissioned prison in PA was so awesome. That poor cameraman getting smacked in the face w/ his equipment and them filming what looked like a robed figure running away from the camera *shudders* freaky cool :D

4. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    ^Yeah, that was great. The DVD shows the unedited footage from that show, and other unedited "ghost" footage. That guy looked freaked!

I think Yvettte from Most Haunted is pretty hot.

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Well I'm a female so I have no comment to that :p

I do enjoy watching those 2 shows together, GHOSTHUNTERS is so serious in their scientific approach to ghost-hunting, whereas the crew of MOST HAUNTED are notorious for screaming, crying, and shouting whenever crazy stuff happens around them.

Grant and Jay smackdown anyone in their crew who might scream or do anything that would make them look "unprofessional."

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    "Dude! Run!" [face_laugh]

I really got into Ghosthunters during a marathon they did one day prior to the second season debut. Some good stuff.

7. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    I think it's funny on MH whenever the crew hears a bang, or whatever, they all scream, and think a ghost is in the room. So jittery!

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    The MH team certainly aren't very professional, but then again they bring psychics w/ them instead of scientific devices like the GH crew.

Anyone ever watch "Scariest Places on Earth?" That was my favorite show where they'd send families off to haunted places, separate them and make them explore the locations and gather evidience of hauntings. Most people thought it would be fun and end up screaming their heads off less than 1/2 way through the episodes :p

My favorite was when they went to the island of Pavallia outside of Venice Italy. There was one huge room where you could audibly hear loud banging and see doors on cabinets opening and slamming shut on film. That was a great episode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.