main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Real Life Jedi

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Dondré Richardson, Jun 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dondré Richardson

Dondré Richardson Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2015
    I had this strangely odd dream yesterday of real life Jedi. I spent all day wondering, what if? If there were real life Jedi, how would they act, how would they train, what is the code that they must live by, where would they all reside, etc.

A lot of the Star Wars community participates on forums like this one, social media outlets, and other places like comic con. But, what if there were real life Jedi? Not just people dressing in costumes pretending to be a Jedi. Instead of reading and watching what the life of a Jedi is, is it crazy of me to wonder if a life, that of a Jedi, is achievable in real life?

I was under the impression that the life of a Jedi was a hard life to live. From "unlearning what they have already learned", to leaving ones family and possibly never seeing them again, to the countless hours of meditation and training, a Jedi's life is far from easy.

I've fantasized about this question ever since, picturing a real Jedi temple, a Jedi council, the training it takes to become a Jedi, and so forth. Some may see Star Wars as fiction, but, call me crazy, there is an underlying message within these stories. It's not about the laser swords or telekinetic abilities, but what it all represents.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Am I crazy or are there others that have pondered the same thoughts?

Thanks for reading. I'm hoping for a good discussion.

2. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    IMO, the Jedi of old made a big mistake by getting involved in negotiations and "agressive negotiations" (read: politics). The best equivalent we have in our universe would most likely be martial arts camps or religious orders. Both of them sequester their members to learn more about their particular craft and philosophy. And I'm sure most of them have to deal with the "unlearning what you have learned" type of problems, too.

Imagine someone joining a Samurai type order after living most of their life in the community. They would have internal demons to deal with: lust for their former girlfriend, hatred for former enemies, etc. They would have to purge these to become part of their community and learn the true path to enlightenment as defined by their order.

3. Dondré Richardson

Jun 25, 2015
    DarthIshyZ Very well put. I agree with you that the Jedi made a huge mistake by getting involved in negotiations, corrupt politics in particular. I also think that they made another mistake in not embracing their fellow Jedi in Anakin. His potential future, in some ways, frightened the Jedi and this led to mistrust between the two. To your second point, martial arts camps and/or religious orders are very similar. Like the Jedi, these martial arts groups have temples or ancient monastery where they study and master their craft or philosophy. I figured that, because we all share the passion for Star Wars, it would be interesting to actually come up with teaching similar to that of a Jedi.

Granted in the beginning, it would start off small but eventually, with time and patience, we could come up with something similar to the martial art camps or the religious groups.

4. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    I'd suggest you take these to other parts of the site. Check out the "Star Wars Saga In-Depth" and "Star Wars Community" for discussions like this. You'll get a much wider response. You'll find that there's a lot of folks with your point of view out there! Come, explore!

By the way, did you find a FanForce for your area?

Skiara likes this.
  5. Dondré Richardson

Jun 25, 2015
    Yeah you're actually in my part of FanForce. And in the same discussion. I'm from LI, NY.

6. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Ishy, is right. This discussion belongs to SW Community. But before you restart your topic there, take a look, if there's a similar one already or ask one of the mods over there. That helps to avoid to get a topic locked because of redundancy. Interesting topic btw.

Btw, great to hear that you have found your local FF. Please, continue talking about it in your introduction thread. :)

I'll lock this one now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.