main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

real life politicians and STAR WARS

Discussion in 'Archive: Poland' started by RRS-1980, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RRS-1980

RRS-1980 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    (OK, forgive me any typos, I'm still laughing while writing this)

We all remember R.Reagan calling USSR "an evil empire" and the "Star Wars" space weapon project back in the 80's.

Now, Star Wars still lives among us! :D
    I was lucky to watch evening news: I had a good laugh today thanks to Tomasz Nalecz, Chairman of the Investigation Committee :p

Quick brief for those not familiar with Polish politics: there is a major corruption scandal reaching as high as the Prime Minister himself. The contol of media is at stake and the bribes are counted in milions of $. Tomasz Nalecz is the Chairman of the Investigation Committee, which was established to solve this matter. We nicknamed the whole affair "Rywingate", from the name of Lew Rywin, a movie producer who came with a bribe proposal (presumably backed by gov. VIPs).

Today newspapers wrote articles that were aimed to discredit T.Nalecz, claiming that he's unable to maintain his post. He calmly explained:

"[...] This only proves that I'm doing a good job in the committee. The Empire decided to strike back. We all know that Lord Vader is its leader [...] and the fact that he's wearing a helmet makes it difficult to identify him."

:D

sources: info.onet.pl, TVN - Fakty, RMF FM <--- Real Audio clip

FunFact: Lew Rywin was the co-producer of Steven Spielberg's Schindler's List :D

PLEASE, SOMEBODY POST IT AT TF.N WEBSITE!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.