main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC17 Real Time Updates (Image Heavy)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MotivateR5D4, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Jamtia

Don't do that:

You cannot get into the Hasbro line to purchase anything at their booth without a ticket on Thursday or Friday, regardless if what you’re purchasing is the Hasbro Exclusive or not. On Thursday and Friday the only fans that can shop in the Hasbro booth are those with tickets.
    On Saturday and Sunday, tickets will not be required to shop at the Hasbro booth.

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/en/Events/Events-A-H/Hasbro-Exclusives/

So essentially get there first thing Saturday or Sunday and if they are still there you can get the exclusive without a ticket. If not Sunday Afternoon as they close up.

Or HTS, immediately after the event.

2. Darksider13

Darksider13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2017
    Just saw this lol, oops. We'd come meet you guys but we don't wanna piss anyone off behind you. Also we don't see you, we're just about under Greivous's face.

3. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016

I really don't want to trust me. We got here before 8 am and couldn't even find the line for the hasbro tickets. I have a feeling they gave them out before 8 am.

Do you know if a ticket guarantees you an exclusive? It's a 2 pm ticket.

I feel like there is just too much competition here for me to get here first thing. I may hold out and see if the force is strong enough for me.

4. Jamtia

Apr 5, 2016

Where was the hasbro line? Curious cause I couldn't find it when I got here

5. jerejerebinks

jerejerebinks Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 24, 2017
    To give you an idea of the demand for this panel today, I was like between 6 and 630 and was one of the last 30 to get a band for Galaxy. (They announced they had less than 30 as they were handing me)

6. Husker88

Husker88 Jedi Padawan

Dec 18, 2015
    I was a bit off. We are near the back of the row that lines up with the tip of Grievous' saber. We're also just basically conking out after that hellish night

7. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Jamtia

It was supposed to be Queue 10, in a similar place as the other queues.

If you have a ticket, then at that time there should be an exclusive for you to buy. If not, go first thing Saturday or Sunday when there won't be tickets and will be then first come, first serve.

8. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Thanks to everyone for all these updates! Much appreciated! You guys have definitely got a bigger crowd than we had last year!

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Sounds like it. The convention center is probably larger than ExCel though.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  10. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Just a quick update. It's been a crazy 48 hours. Did both overnights, saw the panels live. I've seen Ian McDiarmid, Ray Park, and Making of Rogue One panels as well. That's 5 major panels total. It was a little hectic and uncoordinated at times, there were some who got majorly **** over, but fortunately that didn't happen to me in any major way. It's been busy. Store is crazy, best bet is to get there first thing and either get in right away or get a lightning fast ticket. It's a great time. I just stopped at my hotel room to drop a few things off. I won't be done until late tonight after the RO/ANH screening. When I get back then I'll post a longer update and read through what's being going on since I haven't really had much of a chance to get on here since I was doing so earlier on.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  11. 80ninjas

80ninjas Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2014
    Today has been much, much better than yesterday. The show floor was cramped during TLJ but entrance I to the convention was a breeze for us and they figured out the Galaxy/celebration queue room. Queued for the Hamill tribute panel now.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

12. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Did anyone go to the Designing the Lego Star Wars Galaxy panel? I'd be interested in hearing a summary of that one- it seemed pretty cool

13. Jamtia

Apr 5, 2016
    Much smoother today but part of my problem was sleeping through an alarm which caused us to not get wristbands for last Jedi which in turn made me go around like a maniac trying to see if anyone would sell them. Got offers for 120 but I was like no...

Was in celebration store line when they gave them out and didn't want to leave when I was already there for two hours. As far as panels go I went to the Warrick and the tribute to Carrie. Both were great. Just really sad I never got the chance to meet and get a picture with Carrie. A good reason why I came down here was to meet the rest of my idols so I wouldn't have anymore regrets.

Heading to Disney soon. Should be an interesting night.

14. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
    What's the deal with lines and the Rebels panel tomorrow?

15. Darksider13

Apr 2, 2017
    Had the same intentions. But Mark was right about what he said in his tribute, she is still with us. She hasn't left and will not leave. We won't get to meet Carrie the person but we will always know and love the force that she was.

16. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I actually got out of the house around 7 AM got to celebration at 10 AM so no line for me and no panels but it was so cool There is so much to do and see in one day that it worked out great my favorite part of the day was being really close to the Star Wars show stage when Warwick Davis was up there and Anthony Daniels!!!!!!!! I did see one thing on the collector stage about old Kenner Action Figure packaging and I chilled out in the Afternoon in the Rebels Theater for 3 episodes!

17. UtinniUtinni

UtinniUtinni Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2017
    I just got in line and we are at the stairs right now. So not around the first corner yet

18. UtinniUtinni

UtinniUtinni Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2017
    I'd guess 150 right now.

19. 80ninjas

Apr 25, 2014
    Rebels is showing low for the celebration stage. Anthony Daniels is out. Everything else is available.

20. Leia's Twin

Leia's Twin Jedi Knight

May 19, 2016
    Thanks 80ninjas. Heading over shortly. Figured I wouldn't get to see rebels preview, so I slept in after getting home late last night from the screening. Nice to not get up at 4am!

21. 80ninjas

Apr 25, 2014
    If the monitor is to be believed, they're not streaming to the BTS stage for rebels. It doesn't show that room on the monitor. Considering the errors on the official app, however, it might just be an oversight.

22. jerejerebinks

jerejerebinks Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 24, 2017
    I'm pretty sure they've said all along that BTS was streaming the big two all along. I know for certain they were the only two times a wristband was required for that room.

23. ticapnews

ticapnews Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2015
    I was at wristbanding when they closed at 11:30. Still a few openings for Smuggler's Run at 7:00 and quite a few left for tonight's movies. They were handing them out like candy at the end.

24. Darksider13

Apr 2, 2017
    Got here at 12pm and expected to at least get streaming for two panels but everything was handed out ah well. They stream all of the galaxy stage panels on the show floor at the Star Wars show screen yeah?

25. Jamtia

Apr 5, 2016
    Got here at 12 as well. I couldn't go on 2 hours of sleep. I'm not sure about galaxy panels but celebration for sure.

Ugh my collecting got the best of me that I missed out buying photo ops for Peter, Ian and Anthony, which is what I kind of came here for. But I got Billy Dee after missing his photo op in Rhode Island. Hopefully I can find some extra photo ops for sale dr. Someone or get the other three at another convention.