main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC17 Real Time Updates (Image Heavy)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MotivateR5D4, Apr 12, 2017.

1. mily2297

mily2297 Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2017
    Iam confused about something. I have a photo op with Vanessa Marshall and Steve Blum and they both have group a and on the site it says they sign from 10:30 am to 2 pm does this mean I gave from 10:30 TO 2pm to get in line for the autograph or dies it ean i have to be there at 10:30 only?

2. Darksider13

Darksider13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2017
    It most likely means you have from 10:30 to 2pm. I haven't had an autograph or anything but it wouldn't make sense for them to restrict you to one specific time for an autograph.

Also, unrelated question: I don't have a sunday ticket but I need to get my sister in to be with one of the artists at the artist's booth (they have a 4day ticket for her). Nobody really checked our badges the past two days. If I'm just going inside the exhibit, do you think it'll be possible for me to stay or is it going to be super tight security since Sunday is the slowest day normally?

3. Darksider13

Apr 2, 2017
    Random, kinda funny story from tonight:

There was a Story-Telling in Video Games panel at the collector's stage tonight at 7:30. My sister and I were hyped. There was a small line formed and everything. We filed in, got the best seats we've had at a panel. We're hanging out waiting and 7:30 hits and the A/V guy gets on stage and says "Well, we're all set up here but I can't explain this, none of the panelists are here. Nor is the moderator. Soooo, if they don't get here in the next 15 mins, we're gonna have to close shop."

Sure enough, nobody showed up. Me and 3 guys almost went up to start our own panel but people started shuffling out as soon as we were gonna go do it so we scrapped it. But yeah. Haven't heard of panels being planned and not actually happening so I just thought that was a little chuckle worthy.

4. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    Not one person has checked my badges yet. I've had all of them together on the medal lanyard all weekend with Thursday showing first. The guys at the entrance are more concerned about the bags. You should be fine honestly.

5. mily2297

mily2297 Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2017

My husband and I also notices this. That no one was checking badges. But today late in the afternoon we went out of the main hall into the main lobby stairs where Ahsoka Lives photo was taken and when we came into the main hall I notice the person at the entrance to the main hall just look quickly at us at our badges. She never asks us to stop and checked anyhting but we did notice she did look at them when we were going back in. But this has been the only time. No other time have we notice this

6. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015
    They are at least looking for something that resembles a badge, if nothing else. I accidentally had my badge flipped over my shoulder while walking into the Rogue One movie Friday night, and got stopped until I flipped it around to show the guard.

I may have just had one of those rare security people who actually take their attendee accosting job seriously. Don't know what it's like on the last day, though.

7. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    M so my Mike Quinn photo op is the same time as the Mark Hamill panel. Hmm... have to wing this one.

8. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
    Umm I was told the Closing Ceremony was just on the Celebration Stage when getting banded for it... the app says all three stages anyone know what the actual deal is?

9. Torz

Torz Jedi Knight

Aug 12, 2015
    I think half the actors/special guests will be split between the Celebration and Galaxy stages. With a live cross to each other. Whilst the BTSS gets just a stream.

Also, we just walked up and got a live wristband for Mark Hamill 5 minutes ago - even though the board said "not available".

Jedi Older Code likes this.
  10. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
    Wow they really screwed over the Rebels Reunion panel. Because you can only get two bands and today is Mark Hamill and the Closing Ceremony. They also don't have a description for it on the app and I've heard people say incorrectly it's a Rebels tv show panel...And I believe this was Denis Lawson's first celebration. There's not a lot of people in line for it as a result.

11. Torz

Torz Jedi Knight

Aug 12, 2015
    They have added a little note to the sign now.

[​IMG]

Jedi Older Code likes this.
  12. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    ......and, it's over.

13. Torz

Torz Jedi Knight

Aug 12, 2015
    I've seen some comments (not on here), that people were pissed off that there wasn't a big announcement at the closing ceremony panel. From memory, watching the live stream in previous years, they've never done announcements of any kind at the closing ceremony - except for where the next Celebration will be held.

People just seem to build up this fabricated expectation and then feel like they're entitled to something.

Guidman likes this.
  14. Darksider13

Apr 2, 2017
    I have to say, for my first celebration, I had an absolute blast. My sister kept making notes to me that every single person that she encountered at the convention was not only polite, but they were all sweet, considerate, welcoming and thankful for us even wanting to get pictures or chat about stuff we'd done at the con. She's right, the community, so far as we experienced, was amazing and I couldn't have asked to be part of a better group.

A few things I've learned at this convention:

1. I had absolutely no clue how intense "Waiting in line" can really get.
    2. There is almost no price ceiling for star wars fans when it comes to memorabilia or experiences.
    3. Big stars will show up in the least likely of places at the least likely of times.
    4. Sometimes the biggest panels (outside of the 40th) aren't always the best.
    5. I never knew what an ego really was until I saw/listened to Tony Daniels.
    6. I now know why Ashley Eckstein is so big in the fan community (she's an awesome human)
    7. Don't rush the convention, you will get burnt out and it will be hard to have fun later.
    8. If a panel gets cancelled and there's an audience there, jump on stage and start one with the people around you.
    9. Having some of the older celebrities like Billy Dee, Harrison, Ian, Dennis Lawson and even Mark is an absolute privilege.
    10. If you really wanna see some celebrities up close, hang out at the Star Wars Live stage.

15. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    My phone was dead a lot here are some pictures from Galactic Nights.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  16. ticapnews

ticapnews Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2015
    It seems strange to still be here but not have to rush over to the convention center for a wristband...

17. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    I felt that way this morning. Like I was missing out on something, even though I knew there wasn't anything going on anymore. I did have to go there anyway to ship some things from the FedEx Office. Two times actually, because I couldn't carry it all in one trip. So that feeling of still thinking I need to be there kind of subsided when I did that.

18. Torz

Torz Jedi Knight

Aug 12, 2015
    I saw people are already lining up for the episode 9 panel. If you leave now you might get a streaming wristband. ;)

19. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    Dealing with the fact that Celebration is over:
    #PostConBlues
    [​IMG]

20. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I only did the live stream and even driving to work with the news on the radio this morning I had post-Celebration blues. I was listening to the news like what is this and where's my Star Wars announcements? [face_laugh]

21. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Yesterday being my first night back home, I only got about five hours of sleep. My body is still conditioned to only sleeping in these little blocks of time since that's all I did for the past 5/6 nights for Celebration. And definitely woke up with the Celebration blues.

I know what you mean. On my drive back home from the airport last night I didn't even feel like listening news, music, anything. I wanted to maintain my Celebration buzz as long as I could and just drove silently thinking about it.

Valency Jane and ChrisLyne like this.
  22. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Life is getting back to normal. I'm working on getting frames for posters and my photo ops. Once those are hung, that will pretty much be it. Hard to believe after waiting for so long that it's over. It was an experience that I will never forget.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  23. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Definitely. After all these months of anticipating it so much, and now it's all over, it's a weird feeling. Since I've been home I've put SW on just as background because it seems so strange to have anything else on. Even coming to these boards will seem a bit off without all the daily chatter and updates about it.

24. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    first day at work, already falling asleep. Last night was the first night in about a week I had a decent night sleep.

My Carrie poster from the panel had a rough time making it home but once I frame it, it won't look too bad. I still can't believe I was in the same room as George, Harrison and John Williams. One thing is for sure, I'm sick of lines. I'm even avoiding going to the grocery store for now. I also think I'm going to drive next time it's in Orlando so I don't have to stress about luggage weight limit and more lines in the airport. Though then I will miss out on fans chatting with you at the airport about Celebration... I had one that recognized me from Friday when I wore my Imperial Officer.

My favorite part aside from the 40th panel and my photo ops/autos moments with the guests was definitely chatting with fellow fans in line (but not actually being in line lol). And I will never cheer for DJ Idiot ever again after his 12:45am wakeup call. The DJ at the 501st bash though was legit

CaptainRegor likes this.
  25. wookieebusiness

wookieebusiness Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 30, 2017
    I will do everything I can to attend another Celebration in the future despite the issues I had. I will definitely be going for more than one day, although I learned a lot in that one day. I'm really interested to see where I find myself on these forums after checking back here constantly over the last couple weeks about Celebration. I'll have my art thread, and I will hopefully get involved a few other places. I have some ideas...

Padme501st likes this.