main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Real Vinyl Banner ?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by dialswiftjustice, Nov 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Hey guys, Kinko's can make us a real vinyl banner with any amount of grahpics or design of our choosing for 8$ a square foot. WHat do you think> they can have it done before the food drive. I thought if we had a good quality one (ourt little one os already cracking), we could use it anywyere. What do you think are we going to keep going strong like this to justify it and if we each dontated 8$ we could have it either 5-6 feet long, or 2 feet high, 3-4 feet long or something.

2. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    that is fine with me.. what about the rest of us.

3. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Just say when U want the $ and how much, I'll have it ready

4. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Sweet, then to get it rolling Ill front the money myself and can get reimbursed later, what do you all want though? 2ftX$ft? or what? Lets say we get 8$ from Damien, Jack, Cathie, Myself, Hope, Frank, thats at least 2X3 which is still good, who am I leaving out?

5. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Would we get a discount or something if we got fancy shirts also on the same order? Just a thought.

BTW.. my 200th post. just call me a Post whore

:-B

6. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    your fogetting Jake.. and Jake has also made a point to tell me he wants his handle.. I have to set him up an address in order to do this though. :)

7. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    it is an open call to any posters that want to give $8 for the cause.. if you come to meetings and events it probably benefits you more.. but if you don't come to meetings and still want to help out.. we won't turn your money down by any means.

ink screen shirts would indeed be awesome I agree. though I don't know the cost.

8. WookieWallaby

WookieWallaby Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2005
    DSJ, I'm good for $20.

9. WookieWallaby

WookieWallaby Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2005
    Here's my thoughts on a few subjects mentioned on this thread.

BANNER SIZE: Go with the six-footer.

INKED/SCREENED T-SHIRTS: I think we should hold off on that idea until late Feb., early March. We're putting money into a banner, into the holidays, I advise caution. Let's not spread ourselves too thin, moneywise, at this time of year. It would be nice to have the shirts to wear in January up at Phoenix, but we are now in the WORST two months of the year for finding free time and extra cash to do the R and D on the shirts. I, for one, can wait.

10. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    fair enough..skip shirts and just go with the big banner!

11. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Wook, U the man, so right. I'm just in such a spending mood this time of year (more outgoing $ than incoming) and I got over excited, thanks for bringing that up, I needed a good "wookie size" slap in the face to bring me back to reality, now where is that credit card?

[face_shame_on_you]

12. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    The Wookie is wise. I agree ont he shirt, if anyone wants a shirt, Ill make them one until we can get more members, or price quotes.

Remeber we are drawing for the holiday party gift on the food drive day. Anyone that can't make it will have to be drawn for them.

Anyone heard from Boba?

13. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Dustin, I'll make good on the banner money on the 19th.

14. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    same for us.. money on the 19th from our hand to your fist Lord Vader

15. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    well guys, bad news, I wont have the banner for the meeting Saturday. I was shot down at Kinko's. I went there with an image and printed picture of this:
    [image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/TucsonFanForce/banner02.jpg]

The original guy I spoke to was enthusiastic and willing to make the banner. UNtil his manager pointed out some copyrighted stuf, namely almost everything, including the lightsabers, cogs, star wars logo. The only think left was the starts and text. So, what do you guys think? Shop around some more for someone who is willing to do it, or just get the banner made up with just the "Two Suns" Fan Force, Tucson Arizona text, and stars?

16. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Shop around.

I'd say Kinko's is under more obligation to not violate copyright law.

Hum, tricky. I don't know how to get around it. I know other groups have vinyl banners but I think that they had someone in the group who was able to make them.

17. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    okay.. so I like what you have decided to do with Dustin.. go with the vinyl.. and then we can add the stickers and airbrush the rest of it. . however.. I am wondering .. what happened to the outline of two suns and house with luke idea?

18. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    OK, I was looking online last night and saw a vinyl banner that one of the 501st Garrisons has and they have a cog on it, etc. I think it is just Kinkos being uber cautious.

19. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    oh yeah.. there are a ton of groups that have official copyrighted stuff on their banners.. but Kinko's won't do it.. BrotherHalo said we would most likely have to find a local sign maker that would be willing.. that the companies tend to stick to the rules.. in any case.. Dustin came up with a suitable idea that I think will work.. using vinyl stickers on the banner and also perhaps some airbrushing.. should look really nice I think.. we will see the unfinished product on saturday at the party. Or so I believe that is what Dustin said.

20. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Sorry guys Kinkos wont have the banner done for tomorrow, I apologize for dropping the ball on this one. Cat, I just didnt have time to make what we talked about, but if you look close, inside the "two suns" words is the image of the Luke house, him, and the two suns straight outta the movie. I thought that was kind of cool and on a huge banner it would be very clear.

21. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Would it be possible to contact LUCASFILM LTD. and get their written permission to use various trademarks on the banner? I imagine we would have to submit a design for them to approve the use of their trademarks.

22. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    unfortunately Lucasfilms would have to give a copyright to every fan force that wanted one.. and that is not going to happen.. lucasfilms seems to be lenient about not pitching a fit when fan forces use the star wars name and icons.. but they don't encourage it either. though it would seem a good idea to me for GL to endorce theforce.net and fan force.. he doesn't.

don't worry about the banner Dustin.. no harm at all.. gives us something to look forward to when we do get to see it.. we are all in for a great day tomorrow.. hopefully relaxing and having fun together.

23. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Ok this is IT! The finall banner is getting made! Here it is so far, any questions, changes let me know:

cropped of course without all the empty star space, but I will try an dget the lightsabers in

[image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/TucsonFanForce/finalbanner2.jpg]

If anyone wants anything totally different please now the time cause I am going to get it done before the ice cream social

I need some some help thought, I need a perfect IMperial Cog. All the ones I find online are too small and pixelate when enlarged, if someone has one from a amgazine I can scan please bring it tot he next meeting or email me a large pic of one.

I also need this Tatooine image,
    [image=http://www.kcwallace.com/ANH_Twin_sunset_Tatooine.jpg]
    large, one I can scan or a large detailed file, the only one I can find is again to small and pixelates

24. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    the tatooine pic i used is this:
    [image=http://simonz.co.hu/wallp/ep3/1024/ep3-anewhope.jpg]
    it is from a wallpaper site that has really great pics, but i dont know anything about the copywright stuff...

25. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Ok, despite what I wrote above about that banner being the final cut, Imessed around with a few ideas last night, check em out, tellme what you think, and please keep inmind these are ALL unfinished. If everyone likes one more than the one above, Id do the clean up work (like gettting rid of the black box around the saber hilts)

[image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/TucsonFanForce/Banner/TFFLOGO4.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.