main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Real World Philadelphia

Discussion in 'Archive: Philadelphia, PA' started by BellaSabrina, Mar 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    I've heard through the grapevine that MTV is going to do a Real World Philadelphia. What do you guys think about that?

2. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    I'd like to see them put the kids in the 'Real World' of Philadelphia. Give them a house at Front & York, that'll really show them the 'real world.' Most likely though, they'll give them a posh apartment in Rittenhouse Square or Society Hill and treat them like kings. [face_plain]

And Mayor Street made sure that the show is coming to Philly.

3. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I was gonna say in those rundown houses that are near the Vet/First Union Center. When I was there last, it was pretty...scary.

I'd be cool to put them in University City. I loved that part when I stayed there this past summer.

4. Padawan915

Oct 1, 2002
    Oh I know much scarier places than down in South Philly, believe me Marie. I've worked in scarier places than that in the city. Ever been to 52nd & Market out in Overbrook? That's a good place to put them. Hehehe.

5. Skidder

Skidder Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    That's just dumb. Every city has bad parts. Why would you watch it. No one cares about bad sections of the city - It is not PBS where you are watching people cope with poverty. It is hot young people who get drunk and have sex. The Real Philadelphia has really good spots too. Don't trash my city, go study.

6. Skidder

Nov 7, 2000
    I went back to edit this but for some reason I couldn't. I don't mean to pick a fight with anyone, I just get frustrated when people always try to put Philly's worst face on. I know you are a college kid so you might not recognize that this is a good thing. If the show appeals to people it may keep young professionals ages 20-30 in the city. That keeps the money here, instead college students leave - move to the suburbs - whatever, taking there paychecks with them. The burden of running this city comes from Middle Class in Philly - that is why everyone gets out while they can. The city wage tax here is ridiculous, wouldn't it be nice to get the city some extra money, ease up that stupid city wage tax, help out the city's firemen who got Hep C - and their medical doesn't cover their interfueron, maybe do something for the schools, i can go on for hours.

actually - i am a big hipocrite, i am moving to NJ in June anyway. so long Philly

7. Skidder

Nov 7, 2000
    actually that is a rant. pay me know mind. it is early in the morning. How about them wookies?

8. Padawan915

Oct 1, 2002
    No, I'm not trying to paint a bad face on the city, hell I live in the Bedford section of the Bronx, come on, you can't go much worse than that. :p

I'm just saying, that over time, the Real World has become more and more detached from the so called 'Real World'. I mean, Las Vegas? They put them up in one of the most lavish suites I've ever seen.

I'd just like for the Real World producers to go back to their roots like they did with the first three seasons.

9. Skidder

Nov 7, 2000
    honestly i don't even watch it, and don't even care. i don't even no why i argued so strongly in my position earlier, guess i am in a punchy mood. maybe we should find a new arguement. need a topic - i hate pollen - anyone like pollen, and want to argue me on it.

10. SithLord1968

SithLord1968 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 8, 2000
    The Real World house is going to be in Old City. about 2 blocks from Independence Hall, and the "hippest" neighborhood in the city nowadays.

11. Padawan915

Oct 1, 2002
    There's a big shock. I figured that it would be there (Old City).

12. SithLord1968

Dec 8, 2000
    The Real World house is going to be in Old City. about 2 blocks from Independence Hall, and the "hippest" neighborhood in the city nowadays.

13. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Sorry Skidder, but I'm not in college anymore.

14. Skidder

Nov 7, 2000
    actually i was arguing with Padawan. Except he wasn't arguing, only I was. that happens sometimes. i just like to argue. but i am feeling much better now.

15. Padawan915

Oct 1, 2002
    It happens to the best of us Skidder. ;)

Believe me on that.

16. Skidder

Nov 7, 2000
    i have issues. how are you today?

17. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    I heard MTV pulled out of Philadelphia due to unions picketing the show. Apparently they used non-union labor to renovate the house (it used to be a church).

18. SithLord1968

Dec 8, 2000
    that was like two weeks ago....
    They are back and filming will begin later this month.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.