main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive Realism question for the size-minded realists

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by Sinrebirth , Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    This might seem like a strange-ish question - but how many people would be able to fit into a spherical chamber four meters across and two and a half meters high?

I'm imagining you could probably squeeze three or four into the chamber, maybe as many as six - opinions?

2. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Standing? Lying? Cowering on top of each other? In one piece?

3. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    5. I'm going to assume that these are adults.

-B-

4. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Does it matter if the people are squeezed in there like sardines? Or did you want them to have a bit of space.

If we go the sardine route...

4 meters = 136 square feet for the total room size. Each person would take up an estimated 4 square feet, totally guess on that (based on measurement from shoulder to shoulder x2).

Assuming my math is correct, you could squeeze in around 33 people....I think.
    Why does that sound wrong? I hate math. :p

5. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    about what despised said. if they were all contortionists, you could probably fit even more.

6. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Hm. The problem is that the chamber is spherical, isn't it? So the edges would be really really short, and thus it would be more difficult to fit people in it.

Definitely more than 4 people, though - more like 30+ like Despised said, if you only wanted to transport them. If you wanted them to live in there or something (or, as this is Star Wars, if they were aliens larger than your average human) it would be considerably less.

Or maybe this link would help? It's got figures for space needed per person for parties.

7. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Hmmm, didn't think about that part. That would definately change the #'s.

8. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    I think it depends on whether the people are in one piece.

Putting them in blender before hand could ensure as many as 50 people fit into the room...[face_devil]
    Wow, sometimes my screwed mind amazes even me...

On a more serious note...
    The adverage person is around 5'9/175cm (Male) and with the room at its tallest being 2m, and 4m wide (I'm assuming it's more of an elipse) then I would say...5 standing, taking into account the 3D shape of the room.
    Then you could probably cram in a few more people around the sides, bringing me up to a total of around 8.

But I'm probably completly out.

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Five to six makes the most sense to me. I can claim more, but more won't be necessary.

Continue with your lives, peons. ;)

Thanks for all your help!

10. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    :eek:

11. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    You mother's a peon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.