main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga "Realities Curse" A Han and Leia AU (reposted from classic and FINNALLY updated!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Princess1, May 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Here I go again, staring another story.

Discalimer: Its yours George Lucas, I'm not stealing, believe me I make NO money from this.

Rating: PG- Maybe a little mild PG-13 in parts, but well within the boards standards.

Premise: (this is a majorly character driven story) There are two realities, with two differnt Han Solo's. And there are some MAJOR differnces between them. But yet, they are the same person, arn't they? No one knows , including themselves, and when the two realities clash and get partially switched, who knows what might lie ahead, and who will be left in the end?

Please read and reply everyone!

Important Authors Note
    This is everything I've posted so far on the old thread in the classic fan fiction board, the next post will be the update.

Han Solo took a deep breath, and closed his eyes.

He listened.

But not with his hears as he most people did.

No, he listened with the Force.

He could hear tiny little whisperings at the edge of his awareness.

He opened his perceptions. Wider, wider......

He saw something, someone.....They seemed familar, almost to familar. But who could is possible be?

He strechted out again, albeit clumsly, he hadn't had the use of the Force long after all.

The person was working on a ship, doing something. Huh, that was odd, that ship looked almost like his own ship, which had been destroyed years ago. The Falcon.

But of course that was impossible.

The person started to turn his head.
    And he saw......himself.

Slam!

He perceptions snaped back to him with a almost audible slam.

Han held his hands over his head, a stabbing pain now behind his eyes.

Himself, he'd seen himself. But why? How?
    It was impossible, the Falcon was gone, and so he obviously couldn't be working on it.

And he hadn't been seeing the past, no it had a differnt feel to it then that.

It was like he was seeing himself, but yet a differnt version of himself.

He rubbed his hand over his throbbing temples.

But later, when his head didn't hurt so much.

He had to know. Had to find out what was so differnt about this other version of himself.

It was most definitly intriging.

Around Rebirth NJO, real star wars universe

Han Solo pulled himself out from under the Falcon and grinned in satisfaction, wiping the grease of his hands with a rag.

Now that was a perfect ship.

Well....he cocked his head, leveling his keen gaze at the Falcon.

He took in the scorch marks, the various special modifications.

Okay, well, not perfect. But definitly back in working order.

Unpredictably, cranky, but fast. As only the Falcon could be.

He grinned again. Yep,life was good.

And speaking of good....

He'd been cooped up in the docking bay working on the Falcon for hours. Leia would be would scold him again (all in fun of course) that that he cared more about his ship then her. Which was of course nonsense.

But he did enjoy the scolding. And so, he suspected, did Leia. And the scolding useally led to better things....

Suddenly his pleasant train of thought came to a abrut halt.

The hairs on the back of his neck tingled. Han had the sudden unmistakable feeling that something was watching him.

He put his hand to his blaster on his hip.

Then he turned slowly around, ready to snap out the blaster in a flash.

Then he saw nothing. Nothing what so ever.

How could that be? He wasn't amagining things, he was sure of it.

"Who's there?" he called, his voice echoing in the docking bay.

Then almost involuntarily his hand flinched off his blaster as sharp pain stabbed his head.

What the---

He felt almost like he was being...stretched.

How odd.

Then everything went black.

real star wars galaxy

"Han, Han, what happend?"

Han Solo opened his eyes slowly, squinting.

His vison swam for a moment, then focused.

Leia was leaning over him, her brow furrowed in concern.

He struggled

2. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    Its a miracle! I updated! :p

Other Star Wars Galaxy

The controls of the Falcon were smooth and familar beneath his hands, she spun effortlessly to avoid the incomming TIES.

Even asteroids and annoying golden droids couldn't stop him.

But then he put in the quoordinates for a escape into hyperspace.

A dull whine filled the air and the Falcon came to a grinding halt. "Damn!"

And he slammed his fist down on the consol in a futile gesture. Why did this always happen?

Then suddenly the Falcon seemed to be floating away from him, he saw her in the distance, then she was a burning hulk as he'd last seen her. Gone.....Never his again.....

No!

Maybe if he just reached a little farther....Started her up again, that was it, then she'd never get away from him again.

Reaching, his hands upon the controls....

Han Solo woke up in his narrow prison bed, feeling sore as if he was fleeing the Empire again, or comming out of carbonite.

He stared at his hands, flexing them. Why did he feel as if he had just done something? Something.....But what?

Real Star Wars Galaxy

Han scowled, not at Leia so much as in flusteration in general. "By whom? No, more likely 'by what'." He gestured out the veiwport and at the sensor panel,"everything says theres nothing her put us and empty space Princess."

"Yes but I still think--"

The Falcon, floating, burning, drifting away....Farther. Farther...... No!

Leia was cut off by a sudden disorientation, and grabbed for the edges of her chair.

Han dove to her side. "Whats wrong?"

She shook her head, running a hand over her eyes. "I don't know I--"

Once again her words were cut short as the Falcon gave a great lurch that flung Han into Leia.

In the confusion, neither of them could see the way the hyperspace lever seemed to moveforeward all on its own accord.....

Stars streamed into starlines.

Han disentangled himself from Leia and turned back to his pilots chair, only to be confronted by the unmistakle starlines of hyperspace through the veiwport.

Han stared in open mouthed shock for a moment, then gave the control panel of the Falcon a quizzical glance.

He laid a hand on the familar controls and whispered, to either thin air or his ship, he didn't know. "I've always thought of you as a pretty smart ship....But this is just scairy."

He shot a look at accusation at the obviously unresponsive and silent ship controls. "If I don't know better I would think you were going jedi on me."

3. crystalrain

crystalrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Great post! It's good to see this updated! :D

4. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Yeah an update and the a great one too!
    Kab

5. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    thanks sooo much, sorry its taken so long to update, but I can place the blame on darth college finals. :p

The next post won't be so long in comming, since I've basiccally finised all my finals. :)

6. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Great post! :D

good old fashioned storm troopers in their blinding white 'oh shoot me now' uniforms

[face_laugh] You wouldn't by any chance be a Valdemar fan, now would you? :p

7. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    Oh no! What's happening!?!

(Well, ok, actually I think I have a good idea of what's happening, but the post still gave me the urge to say it anyway.) ;)

Nice post, Princess1. I'd like to see what happens next. Will the two different realites end up clashing?

J_Girl

8. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001

kab: Thank sooo much! :D The next update should be soon.

crystalrain: Thanks! :D Awww, yea I admit it, its been awhile since I updated *blush* but I'll be a good girl and post more often now, honest. :p

daughter of yub yub: Thanks. :) Lol, yes actualy I am a Valdemar fan. :D How'd you guess? :p I kinda borrowed that bit, wondering if anyone would notice....except this time Han said the line, not Kerowyn.

J_girl: Thanks. :) Lol, whats happen? You don't really expect me to tell do you? :p Its a secret! ;) hehe, your funny, just pretending to be confused...I don't have to pretend, I get confused all the time! (it comes with the blonde hair you know) Well, the two realities just clashed a little bit, and yep, they will even more. And in some hopefully unexpected ways to......

More really really soon everyone! :D

9. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    It took me half an eternity to realize the story had been moved here...
    Good post though.. am a bit confused, WHAT IS GOING ON?!
    hmm....

DM

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Heh...I finally found this story again. I went on vacation for a week about a month ago and kinda got out of the loop. Now I finally discovered it was over on this board and with an update! :D

11. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    I love this story, and I'm so glad that I FINALLY have time off from school to catch up with it!

12. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    thanks so much everyone, more either tonight or tomarrow. (at last! :p) :D

13. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001

Yay! We're getting a post soon!

J_Girl

14. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001

Soon, Princess1?

J_Girl

15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Giving this another boost

16. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    HanSolo29: Lol, thats okay, we all get out of the loop accasionally. Thanks soooo much, especially for your patience with my rather slow job of updating this story. But as soon as I'm done with The Sacred Silence, it will get better, I promise. :)

Miska: Thanks! :D I'm so happy your still reading, especially since I've been so bad about updating this one. :p But as I told HanSolo before, as soon as I finish my other story, The Sacred Silence (and its almost done, a week or two at the most I would think) I'll update this one alot more often.

DarthMasan: Hey, thanks for following it all the way over here to the new board! :p oops, sorry was I confusing, I apologize. Whats going on here is the HanSolo in the alternate reality is unknowingly influencing this reality with the force.

J_Girl: Thanks soooo much for upping this story, I'm really sorry for the lack of updates. But just like I told everyone else, as soon as I finish my other story The Sacred Silence (I should be done in a week or two, I really hope so anyway) then I'll be updating this one alot more often. :D

I'm afraid I must apologies for my rather messed up idea of 'soon'. :p but heres a post now, all though a little delayed... :D

Other Star Wars Galaxy

Leia was exhausted, another day of mind-numbing paper work behind her.

Turning off the light, she gratefully slipped under the covers and sank into the silken sheets of her bed.

Closing her eye's, she deliberatly relaxed the muscles in her shoulders, easing the stress in her forehead.

Rubbing her temples with one hand, she sighed. If only she knew that she would have something better, something different at least to look foreward to tomarrow.

But she didn't--no prospect of change, except perhaps a few new lines when she looked in the mirror. Or perhaps watching Isolder sink from the accassional drunken spree, to perpetually sodden insensibility.

What a wonderful life she had. It was painful, but sometimes she couldn't restrain herself from wondering how her life might have been differnt if she'd made a few differnt choices....

Differnt...

"Hey Princess."

Slowly, luxurating in the warmth of the morning sun seeping through the windows, she opened her eyes.

"She has arisen!"

As he spoke he cocked a eyebrow at her, smiling that crooked smile.

"Morning nerf-herder."

"Morning."

Bending over her, he brushed a tender kiss against her lips.

Smiling inside, she wrapped her arms around his neck, fingering the hair at the nape of his neck, hair now threaded with silver, but she loved him no less for that. No, in fact she loved him more, for it was a sign of all the years and events they had lived through together.

"Ewww, Mommy, Daddy, you guys are so mushy!"

Laughing, they broke off the kiss that might have gone so much further, as a little boy and girl bounced into the room.

Stroking her cheek one last time before they turned to the children, he whispered in her ear. "I love you."

"I know."

Abrubtly Leia sat up in bed, staring strait into the morning light now streaming through her windows.

But she didn't really see it, for she was blinded by the tears streaming down her face.

She sobbed into her hands, the memory of the dream was like salt rubbed into a wound.

Force, she missed Han. He was dead, he was gone, and he had died insane, believe she hated him, that her love for him had died.

Yes, she could admit it, she missed him.

Why did she always admit the truth to late?

17. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    HanSolo29: Lol, thats okay, we all get out of the loop accasionally. Thanks soooo much, especially for your patience with my rather slow job of updating this story. But as soon as I'm done with The Sacred Silence, it will get better, I promise. :)

Miska: Thanks! :D I'm so happy your still reading, especially since I've been so bad about updating this one. :p But as I told HanSolo before, as soon as I finish my other story, The Sacred Silence (and its almost done, a week or two at the most I would think) I'll update this one alot more often.

DarthMasan: Hey, thanks for following it all the way over here to the new board! :p oops, sorry was I confusing, I apologize. Whats going on here is the HanSolo in the alternate reality is unknowingly influencing this reality with the force.

J_Girl: Thanks soooo much for upping this story, I'm really sorry for the lack of updates. But just like I told everyone else, as soon as I finish my other story The Sacred Silence (I should be done in a week or two, I really hope so anyway) then I'll be updating this one alot more often. :D

I'm afraid I must apologies for my rather messed up idea of 'soon'. :p but heres a post now, all though a little delayed... :D

Other Star Wars Galaxy

Leia was exhausted, another day of mind-numbing paper work behind her.

Turning off the light, she gratefully slipped under the covers and sank into the silken sheets of her bed.

Closing her eye's, she deliberatly relaxed the muscles in her shoulders, easing the stress in her forehead.

Rubbing her temples with one hand, she sighed. If only she knew that she would have something better, something different at least to look foreward to tomarrow.

But she didn't--no prospect of change, except perhaps a few new lines when she looked in the mirror. Or perhaps watching Isolder sink from the accassional drunken spree, to perpetually sodden insensibility.

What a wonderful life she had. It was painful, but sometimes she couldn't restrain herself from wondering how her life might have been differnt if she'd made a few differnt choices....

Differnt...

"Hey Princess."

Slowly, luxurating in the warmth of the morning sun seeping through the windows, she opened her eyes.

"She has arisen!"

As he spoke he cocked a eyebrow at her, smiling that crooked smile.

"Morning nerf-herder."

"Morning."

Bending over her, he brushed a tender kiss against her lips.

Smiling inside, she wrapped her arms around his neck, fingering the hair at the nape of his neck, hair now threaded with silver, but she loved him no less for that. No, in fact she loved him more, for it was a sign of all the years and events they had lived through together.

"Ewww, Mommy, Daddy, you guys are so mushy!"

Laughing, they broke off the kiss that might have gone so much further, as a little boy and girl bounced into the room.

Stroking her cheek one last time before they turned to the children, he whispered in her ear. "I love you."

"I know."

Abrubtly Leia sat up in bed, staring strait into the morning light now streaming through her windows.

But she didn't really see it, for she was blinded by the tears streaming down her face.

She sobbed into her hands, the memory of the dream was like salt rubbed into a wound.

Force, she missed Han. He was dead, he was gone, and he had died insane, believe she hated him, that her love for him had died.

Yes, she could admit it, she missed him.

Why did she always admit the truth to late?

18. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I'm glad to see this over here, Jen. I'll be able to start reading it again. I lost track of the first. ;)

19. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    Hey Sara! :D

Thanks for reading again, I know how easy it is to lose track of a story on these boards sometimes. :p

20. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Poor Leia-Great Post

21. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    Thaks for the alert, Princess1! :)

Yay! We got a post!

Awww, poor Leia. A sweet post, though. I am always a sucker for the ol' "I love you. I know" exchange. :)

I'll be patient as long as you don't actually give up posting to this fic altogether. :)

J_Girl

22. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Very nice post, Princess! Poor Leia...she really has it tough between her job, Isolder, and now the loss of Han is starting to really nag at her. I'm really starting to feel for her...

And thanks again for the heads up! ;)

23. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    Great post Jen!

kepp up the great work

DM

24. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
  25. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Great post! Poor Leia. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.