main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Realization - Two Shot - Leia recounts a dream she had one night

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lady_Misty, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Leia has a dream.

A/N I took this basis of this dream from the book Planet of Twilight.

This has been awhile in the making. I hope you all like it.

This is going to be a two shot. Don't give me that look. You might want more once this is done.

The dream is going to be in two parts.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last night I had a dream.

I was wandering the halls of the Imperial Palace. I wasn't going anywhere particular but I found myself in the Throne Room.

My heart pounded in my chest when I saw the Emperor on his throne and several of his loyal servants around him including Tarkin and Motti.

Two things surprised me though, one there was a long chain similar to the one I had worn around my neck as Jabba's prisoner in the emperor's hand that disappeared into the shadows and two Vader was nowhere to be seen, or heard.

In fact the only thing I heard was dry sobs.

Palpatine smiled when he noticed me standing there.

I shivered.

?Welcome young Skywalker, I have been expecting you.? He sneered.

He then pulled the chain hard, as if annoyed about something.

In the shadows there was a soft yelp of shock and soon the sound of booted feet and the chain moving closer reached my ears.

I watched as a cloaked and hooded figure emerged from the shadows.

It stared at me until Palpatine pulled on the chain again, causing it to lose it's balance and land at Palpatine's feet.

Palpatine cackled in amusement, the loyal servants chuckled until the creature locked eyes with them and hissed.

It then picked itself up and sat at the foot of the throne and started to examine the links in the chain, bored.

Palpatine smiled and I shivered again.

He turned to the creature seating at his feet.

?Don't be rude, greet our guest.? he told it.

It stood and walked toward me, the chain clinking the whole way.

My heart pounded in my chest.

It stopped in front of me bowed and muttered something I couldn't quite make out. But it sounded like a greeting.

?Speak clearly.? Palpatine snapped.

It flinched.

?Welcome to Coruscant milady.? It said softly.

?Meet her eyes.? Palpatine ordered.

It turned and stared at Palpatine before turning back to me. It pulled It's hood back a bit revealing a human face and blue eyes that could have belonged to a corpse.

?I hope you enjoy your stay.? It continued before pulling It's hood back over It's eyes.

It returned to It's place at Palpatine's feet and went back to examining the chain.

?It thinks we're afraid of It.? Motti sneered.

?Well I am not afraid of It, It's just a lap dog with no teeth to bite of us with. It's just a harmless creature with-? Motti was cut off suddenly by a chain around his neck.

I was startled to see that the one holding the chain was the creature. So much for It being a harmless lap dog with no teeth.

Palpatine cackled in amusement.

?Enough!? Tarkin barked. ?Release him!? ?As you wish? It said mockingly and released the chain from around Motti's neck. Motti fell to the floor gasping for a breath, cursing the creature under his breath.

Palpatine suddenly grabbed the creature by the neck. ?I told you not to injure them.? he hissed. The creature trembled in fear. ?Admiral Conan Antonio Motti is a fool.? It blurted out. It then burst into a fit of laughter.

Unfortunately for the creature Palpatine was unamused and apparently in a bad mood. The creature was suddenly face to face with Palpatine, frozen in terror.

?Never mock those that I place in power.? Palpatine said in a deadly calm voice. ?Do you understand?? Palpatine asked. The creature nodded emphatically, no doubt afraid of some sort of punishment. Palpatine released his grip on the chain and the creature fell with It's limbs splayed to the floor.

I noticed then that the creature was in fact a human male about my age. He was quick to hide his face and form though. ?Are you ashamed to be human?? The question just comes out.

It-no-he looked at me. ?I am less then a human, I am a slave.? He said, his voice could have belonged to a dead man.

I shivered.

?I know what you are thinking: poor boy.? Palpatine said.

I nodded.

Palp

2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That is one really creepy dream. Poor Leia!

Well done, Misty! @};-

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi Misty: That is one creeeeeepy dream :eek: :eek: The kind you wake up and can't go back to sleep the rest of the night. o_O

=D=

4. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Creepy dream. I look forward to reading more.

5. Mondra

Mondra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2010
    I agree - creepy, but interesting! I wonder what did Leia eat before going to sleep to have such a weird dream. ;)

6. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The young man led Luke to the Emperor where the young man tried to get Luke to kneel. Luke refused and the young man after a few minutes gave up. The Emperor didn't seem to care which was strange.

?Welcome young Skywalker, I have been expecting you. One day you will take his place as my servant.? Palpatine said calmly.

Luke shook his head. ?I am here to free your slave and destroy you.? Luke informed Palpatine.

Another spine tingling laugh left the corpse of a human. ?Only the fabled Chosen One can destroy me and I broke his spirit long ago.? Palpatine told Luke as he stood and stroked his 'lap dog's' face.

?Soon the Rebel's will be crushed and you will take the life of the Chosen One.? Palpatine continued.

Luke's face was impassive.

?You have never heard the tale of the Chosen One?? Palpatine asked. ?It's an ancient prophecy of a being that would come into being by the Will of the Force. This Chosen One would then bring Balance to the Force. The Jedi believed that Balance meant the destruction of the Sith.? He continued as if they had answered.

I noticed the young man reach up and take off the slave collar that was around his neck. I watched in horror as he offered it to Luke. Relief filled me when Luke glared at the collar and pushed the young man's outstretched hands away.

?I will not become a slave.? Luke told Palpatine coolly.

Palpatine sneered.

?It is the only way to free the one you have come for.? He informed Luke just as coolly as Luke had spoken to him.

Luke turned to stare at the young man. The young man just looked back; I could tell that he completely broken inside.

I could believe but at the same time couldn't believe that Palpatine was completely capable of breaking someone. But if what I had been told as a child was true; that the Emperor had shattered the spirits of my parents then it had to be true.

Suddenly Luke took the slave collar from the young man and started to put it on. I screamed. But just before the collar snapped into place Luke stopped and tossed the collar at Palpatine.

?I will never become your slave. I rather die than suffer his fate.? Luke sated with bravo.

Fear twisted in my gut, Palpatine was sure to kill Luke now and do who knows what to either me or the young man.

?If you will not become my slave then you will die.? Palpatine spat. Palpatine stood and a vibroblade appeared in his hand. He advanced on Luke.

I nearly closed my eyes so that I wouldn't have to witness the death of my brother. But I forced myself to keep them open.

Just before Palpatine could plunge the vibroblade into Luke's heart the young man leaped in front of Luke and pulled out a vibroblade of his own.

The fight was quick seeing that the young man stabbed Palpatine close to his heart. But Palpatine lived long enough to stab the young man in the gut.

Luke screamed in horror and dropped to the young man's side. The young man lived only long enough to brush Luke's cheek and whisper something about Luke being right.

Luke screamed again when the young man went limp in his arms.

After a minute or two Luke stood and picked up the young man's body and carried it away.

That was when I woke up. I will be speaking soon to Luke about my dream and see what he thinks of it.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Finish

7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Yes, Leia better speak to Luke about that dream.

Great job, Misty!

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Whew! I'm glad she is going to talk it through. Maybe he can help make sense of it [face_thinking]

9. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I have weird dreams like that. I hate it when I die in a dream. But the good news is you don't actually die when you die in a dream...you just wake up screaming. Interesting fic.

10. Mondra

Mondra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2010
    That was very interesting! I liked how you described the dream world. Luke and Leia will have a loong talk... ;)