main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga ~REALIZATIONS~ AU Pregnant Padme's plan to escape Ani goes wrong. Alone, she's cornered by him ~7/9

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Aristo-nobi, Apr 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aristo-nobi

Aristo-nobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2002
    FYI:

01/02/06

Before you read anything else, please remember this: this story is an "in progress" story, but it is not being updated during this time. I am going back and revamping my old stories, including this one. I'm editing them and trying to make them reach the new potiential that I now believe they can reach. I'm doing it one step at a time, and right now "Realizations" is next on my list... as in not been done right now. But, for clarification, at no time whatsoever with this story ever be labeled as "abandoned". Ever :).

Now, without further ado...

[u]SUMMARY:[/u] VERY AU-- Padmé's plan to escape the man she once called husband goes very wrong. 9 months pregnant, and alone with him in a dark and dirty hanger, the situation only goes from bad to worse. But along the way, realizations are made that change both their fates forever.

A/N #1: THIS VERY AU!! VERY VERY VERY AU!! WRITTEN BEFORE EPISODE III WAS RELEASED!

A/N #2: [i]Written before Episode III was released![/i] I?m 100% convinced that in Episode III Anakin becomes Darth Vader before he gets the infamous black mask. Therefore, in this story he is still completely human, except for his mechanical arm that he earned from Dooku in AOTC. He has his titles ?Darth/Lord Vader? and ?Lord of the Sith?. Both characters of Anakin and Padmé appear as they have looked in Star Wars Insider, Hyperspace on starwars.com, etc. That means Anakin has the wavy hair that goes down to the base of his neck in the back and covers the top of his ears (no Padawan braid obviously). Padmé has very long, very wavy/curly chestnut hair.

A/N #3: I tried to make the characters as true to what they?re like in the movies. And for the, ah, circumstances that happen in this story... well, I?ve tried to be as accurate to the real thing as possible.

[b]Realizations Part 1/?
    By Aristo-nobi[/b]

He watched her as she hurried from ship to ship in the dark hangar bay. She was still unaltered to his presence several yards away, even as he watched her with hungry eyes, like a hunter would stalk its prey before it struck. Trying to escape, she was checking to see if any of the entry doors of the ships were unlocked. He smiled grimly. He had forgotten that her recently deceased husband had once instructed her?just for fun?on how to hot-wire a ship. She had joked at the time that her new skill would come in handy the next time she?d steal a ship.

She had no idea at the time, of course, that the joke would come true.

Her emerald green robe flowed elegantly around her, gathering like a puddle at her feet whenever she paused and stood still. Her hood hid her long hair from his view, except for a few stubborn curls that hung loosely around her face. Nevertheless, he had no doubt that the rest of her hidden tendrils were still chestnut brown, and soft like satin. She was nine months pregnant, he could only see her profile, and she as beautiful as ever.

It almost pained him to disturb her in her serene state.

?There?s no sense trying to escape.? His low voice echoed off the walls of the hangar. The woman stopped immediately. She knew that voice.

She bowed her head and focused her brown eyes on the gray ground. ?I know this. I still thought I could try.? She raised an eyebrow, though the rest of her face and her voice remained emotionless. ?You know what they say? if at first you don?t succeed, try, tr??

?Deal with it and give up.?

Only then did she slowly turn towards him so that he no longer only saw her profile, but her full front. Gradually she raised her eyes from the ground to his blue ones.

?This is would be my third time to escape you.?

Gruffly, he answered, ?Humph. Obviously, this attempt has been in vain. Take off your hood.?

She suddenly seemed to stand even more erect. Padmé Amidala did not like receiving orders, especially when they were spoken rudely. ?I will take off my hood, Anakin, if you will take off yours.?

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    This looks like it will be a great one. I agree with you on Anakin becoming Darth before he dons the helmet. Great job, can't wait for more!

3. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Ditto, definitely great!! Can't wait for next postie!! :D

4. Aristo-nobi

Jun 7, 2002
    VaderLVR64- *heehee* My first reviewer! A great one? WOW! Thank you! Yeah, it just makes sense that he becomes Vader before the helmet. :)

Kynstar- Thank you! I'm very happy that you like it! The next postie is coming very soon! :D :D

Thanks again!

5. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Very interesting! I am curious to see where the story goes. I hope you post more soon.

6. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    This sounds good! :)

I'm looking forward for more :)

7. Aristo-nobi

Jun 7, 2002
    :D :D Here we go again! :D :D

Realizations

Part 2/?

?Now, Senator Ami??

?I am not a senator. I represented Naboo in a Galactic Senate? not this mockery, this satire of a government called an Imperial Senate.?

?Fine. Queen Ami??

?I?m not a queen anymore, you know that.?

His gaze was hard. ?Yes, and you know that since you formerly were a queen, you still retain the title. You simply never cared to use it, except for when protocol forced it at ceremonial occasions.?

She didn?t miss the sarcasm in his voice, and she confronted him on it. ?Don?t lecture me as if a were a child.?

?Then do not act like one.?

Padmé paused. She solemnly bowed her head, closed her eyes, and sighed heavily and sadly. ?Let?s not talk about how I should be acting. Let?s talk about how you should be acting?acting like you? like Anakin.?

He took a threatening step towards her. ?I told you not to address me with that former name.?

Using his words against him, she replied, ?Yes, and you know that since you formerly were Anakin, you still retain the name.?

If he had been acting like his old self, he would have broken into a huge grin at her clever statement. But he wasn?t Anakin Skywalker.

His voice was as threatening as his stance. ?Don?t be smart with me, Amidala.?

Padmé remembed something from their first few years of marriage, not that she had really forgotten it. It just sprang into her mind from her memory at that moment. She remembered that when she was being gravely serious with her husband during arguments, which all newlyweds usually went through, or whenever she was just really mad at him, she would address him as ?Anakin Skywalker?, or in other words, call him by his full name to let him know she meant business. Likewise, he would only call her ?Amidala?, instead of his loving use of ?Padmé?, whenever he too was frustrated with her. She recognized his use of her more formal name now as a warning. She didn?t feel like adhering to it. Pregnant women didn?t like to be ordered to be quiet, especially not this pregnant woman. She?d already been through too much.

?Or else what, Vader?? She spat the name out like it was trash. ?Or else you just might follow through with your master?s orders??

He looked away from her, suddenly preferring to stare at the nearest corner. ?I just might. Don?t tempt me.?

Her gaze could have cut through glass as easily as a lightsaber cuts through wood. ?Liar,? she hissed. ?There?s a reason why you can?t look me in the eye when you talk about my death. You can?t kill me anymore than I can kill you, not in a thousand years.?

?Oh, you?d be surprised how powerful I?ve become since I?ve become my master?s apprentice.?

Her face lost its hardness. A new sorrow came into her eyes. ?If you killed me, you?d kill all that?s left of your family.? She placed a trembling hand on her large belly, silently emphasizing her point more than words ever could.

He watched her hand with abnormal interest, as the impact of her statement seemed to have an effect on him. She stroked her belly, as if soothing the life inside her, and she wondered what king of reaction the action would have on him. He swallowed hard, and was quiet for several minutes.

Then the cold look was back in his eyes as if it had never left. The hard, cobalt pools flashed up to met her doe eyes. ?My master doesn?t think that would be should a bad thing.?

He had looked her in the eyes when he said that.

?But you are not your master.?

?He is my teacher, my mentor.?

?HE?S A MONSTER! He sent you here to kill your own wife! A woman who?s nine months pregnant!?

?He??

?And you are not going to kill me, you said as much yourself! That obviously means that you don?t agree with him! THAT YOU ARE NOT LIKE HIM!!?

?WHAT IN SITH?S HELL IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN, PADMÉ?!!?

Padmé exhaled slowly. Her voice was soft and calm as she spoke, while walking steadily towards him. Her feet made no sound on the steel floor as she floated across it. ?It means that you are not like him.? She came closer wi

8. BrownEyes_Blue

BrownEyes_Blue Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 29, 2002
    That was a wonderful post! I loved the tension between Padme and Anakin/Vader. Oooohhh....can't wait until the next post!

Sometimes I just wanna smack Anakin in the head for being soo stubborn! She's your angel....go back to her! :D

9. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    That was a great post :) I loved all the tension between Anakin/Vader and Padmé.

And now, Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader (whatever..), she is your wife... go back to her!!!

:p

10. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Wow, this is intense and awesome. I want more!

11. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    *Sniff* WAHHH! Love... how touching!! *sniff* Juz grab the woman and kiss her long and hard! Yah know ya want to Anakin! Take your wife back!

Great work! Can't wait for another postie!! :D :D

12. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Great story.

No, the dark side of him only saw the walls as fences to keep his small heart prisoner, to contain it until he could extinguish the weakness completely, with his master?s assistance of course.

This was so sad, that he now sees his heart as a weakness.

13. Aristo-nobi

Jun 7, 2002
    Thank you so much for all of the wonderful reviews!

Realizations

Part 3/?

?No, you?re wrong, Anakin! Too LITTLE has happened!?

This comment made him pause for a moment. ?What does that mean??

Exasperated, Padmé replied, ?Too little has happened between us. We first met for less than a week more than ten years ago. Reunited a decade later, we got to know each other for a few tumultuous, and wonderful, days. Then you were off in the Clone War, barely able to come home every few weeks or so? you just managed to make it to our 1st wedding anniversary... and before I know it, two and half years of marriage have flown by, and you?re the apprentice to the Dark Lord of the Sith! Abandoning your family! Going by a new name! Hunting me down like some prey, while I have to escape you! BECAUSE I?M PREGNANT WITH YOUR CHILDREN!!?

Padmé hadn?t realized she was crying softly, until one the many tears had trailed its way from her eye to her lips, where she had tasted and recognized it. Her gaze, though still firm, was full of despair and sadness. ?How did we get here? Why were there more bad times than good times?? She looked at him pleading, as if expecting him to answer he questions. It was like asking someone, ?what?s the meaning of life??. He had no idea of what solution to give her.

?The only thing I can say is... life?s not fair.?

She did something then that he had never seen her do before. Something the regal, noble, and dignified woman that she was had never done. She dropped her jaw in gaping dumb-foundment.

?What?!? Her eyes grew wide. ??Life?s not fair?? My colleagues are murdered, my family is forced into hiding, the Republic I fought and suffered for, for so long, is destroyed; a man from my own planet is behind it all, and now Emperor; I?m very pregnant, and my husband is having the worst case of a split personality that I have ever seen!! And you come all the way out here, after tracking me down for whatever many months, to tell me that life?s not fair?!! LIFE?S NOT FAIR?!?!?

?You wanted some answer, didn?t you, milady? You want dreams and fantasies! Wake up to reality!?

?I?m living in reality! I?ve been living in a very real reality the past five months!!?

?What? A reality where your precious politics and duties don?t keep all your time all day long?! Are you bored, milady?!?

?Don?t you dare try to blame all this on me and my career! You knew very well going into the marriage that politics was a huge priority to me! But I also told you that you, as my husband, were first priority!! Don?t you try to forget those conversations when I said you were most important?don?t you try to blame all this tragedy on me!?

?You just played the marriage out!!?

?YOU WALKED OUT!!?

?And I?m sure it?s been a vacation for you, hasn?t it, milady?!?

?You couldn?t possibly know what I?ve been through! WHAT I?M STILL GOING THROU?? Her face abruptly fell as her voice shattered into silence. Suddenly a scream torn from her echoed throughout the hangar bay. ?Aannggghhh!!!?

He immediately rushed to her side. Through the Force, he could still feel her pain as if it were his own. ?What?s going on?! Are you alright??

She exhaled deeply, slowing closing and opening her eyes. ?It?s just another back ache. They?re... miserable... to say the least.?

?Are you sure? Are you absolut??

?Don?t argue with a woman who?s several month?s pregnant!? In the back of her mind, Padmé knew that the reason why she had abnormally screamed her response to him was because of the present state of her hormones. But right now she didn?t care? also probably because of the hormones.

Anakin was temporarily taken aback. To her, he replied, ?Fine...? Under his breath, he whispered, ?By the Force...? He ran his hand through his wavy hair again, something he always did when he was anxious. ?Just... just sit down, will you? Go sit over by the wall.?

She seemed to think about it for a moment, and then obliged by walking slowly to the nearest part o

14. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Great line... I should use this when my kid rants at me (he's fixing to turn 9 soon)

?Yes, you are?and now that you?ve had your moments to scream, rage, and shout, it?s my turn.?

Hehehehe great one! So it's short :p it was still great!! :D

15. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    That was a great one, as always! [face_love] Loved it!

Can't wait for more :)

16. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    You don't argue with a pregnant woman, you don't argue with a pregnant woman.... Am I getting through now Vader or Anakin or whatever??? Silly boy! Love this story, great plot, etc. Can't wait for more!

17. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Are we sure she's not in labor? These backaches are very timed... Great post!

18. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Hmmm...Her sudden pain concerns me.

?Yes, you are?and now that you?ve had your moments to scream, rage, and shout, it?s my turn.?

Uh-oh.

Post more soon.

19. Aristo-nobi

Jun 7, 2002
    Dally- Thank you! I hope your still reading it, and enjoying it!

LaYa_- Thank you for reviewing! It means A LOT!! :p

~POSTS FROM SECOND CHAPTER~

BrownEyes_Blue- :D Smack away! It's what I want to do sometimes too! Even when I watch the OT!!

LaYa_- I serve to please. *curtsies*

DarthIshtar- WOW and WOW!! Thank you very much!

Kynstar- *passes the tissue box* There, there, don't cry! Save your tears for later chapters! ;)

Gina- *sigh* Yeah, Vader's an evil guy. :_| OH CREUL WORLD!! [face_blush] Thanks for reviewing!

~POSTS FROM THRID CHAPTER~

Kynstar- Wow! 9 years old... good luck! Thanks for leaving a review!

LaYa- Thank you so very much! "as always"? You make me blush!! [face_blush]

VaderLVR64- Thank you for such kind words! But trust me, the plot is just getting started! *clears throat, then speaks overdramatically* This is just the beginning!! [face_devil]

DarthIshtar- :D Ironic, how one of the characters will be doing to the other what Chewie is doing to Lando in your icon... well... from a certain point of view... :p Thank you!

Gina- :D Her sudden pain should concern you, but that's for me to know and you to find out! OK, want a hint? "Uh-oh" :) I couldn't have put it better myself.

There is something some of you may have noticed? I haven?t referred to Anakin/Vader/whatever as either Anakin or Vader throughout the story (flashbacks and whenever Padme?s addressing him don?t count). Scan through the posts? you won?t find one ?Vader said harshly? or ?Anakin replied?. THIS IS IMPORTANT TO THE STORY, THOUGH YOU DON?T KNOW WHY YET?BUT REMEMBER IT!!

The next chappie is coming soon! Probably not today, but soon!!

20. BrownEyes_Blue

BrownEyes_Blue Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 29, 2002
    [face_laugh] That's right.....don't argue with a pregnant woman! Great post by the way. Can't wait to see what happens next.

21. miranda82

miranda82 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2004
    You'd think that Anakin would be nicer to her after going through so much trouble just to hunt her down. Some people.... Anyways, can't wait to see what happens next! :)

22. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Not Vader or Ani? ohhhhhh pondering thought it's Dooku! *snrk* sorry couldn't resist... that one fanfic I'm reading with Dooku convincing Padme to join him...great fic juz hope the author will be able to continue the story.

Let's see... Dooku (*snrk*) don't think Bail would be that bad to her... what others could it be...will have to think a bit more. Unless it's an OC now that'd be interesting.

23. Aristo-nobi

Jun 7, 2002
    BrownEyes_Blue- Thank you! It's true, pregnant women DON'T like to be told what to do. ;)

miranda82- I know, he's a big meanie. :( The Dark Side 'll to that to ya! Thank you for reviewing! :D

Kynstar- [face_shocked] You got me! It's Dooku! The whole time it's been Dooku! Or, as you will see, our Padme's pet name for him is Dooky or Dooky-puns. ;)

24. Aristo-nobi

Jun 7, 2002
    Unfortunately it took me a little longer to get this chapter up than the first three. Hopefully that won?t be happening anymore!

Realizations
    4/?

He stared at her for a long time without saying anything. Sitting uncomfortably on the floor, she squirmed under his intense gaze.

?Well?? she asked, as if annoyed.

?Well what??

She rolled her eyes exaggeratedly? yet another trait that the noble former senator had never done. However, it seemed that he still seemed to bring out a person in her, a whole nother personality that only he could reach and pull out. It was someone whose top priorities did not include being a proper and dignified career woman.

?You told me to still down? I?m here. You told me to listen to you?I?m all ears. Now you say nothing??

He regarded her with a tired sigh. ?I have changed my mind.?

Now it was her turn to stare at him. ?What? Just like that??

His dull eyes spoke volumes.

?What has happened to you?? Her voice was soft, almost pleading for an answer. ?You used to be so full of life, so spontaneous. The Anakin I know would have not wasted a moment in telling me exactly what was aggravating him?he would, you would, have lectured me until the sun came up. There was a fire inside of you that no one could tame.? She rubbed a swollen hand over her forehead, massaging it soothingly. ?Now? you can become suddenly subdued within a moment. You?re? void of life.?

He scuffed at her. ?Anakin Skywalker was too reckless, impulsive. His distractions caused him to remain weak? powerless.?

?I thought it was one of the wonderful things about you.?

??Wonderful?? ?Wonderful? is yet another fantasy you have dreamed up. There is nothing in reality that matches the concept of ?wonderful?. There is only denial of faults. It simply doesn?t exist.?

Padmé took a hesitant breath. ?I recall a wonderful woman. Her name was Shmi.?

His eyes narrowed. ?Be quiet,? he answered harshly. ?You will not say my mother?s name.?

Her voice rose, both from her frustration at him and from the increasing soreness of her back. ?So you still consider her your mother, yet you deny that you are Anakin Skywalker, the only son of Shmi Skywalker? That wouldn?t make any sense on any planet in the galaxy!?

?Do not say that name!?

Her eyes pleaded with him. ?Ani??

?I AM NOT ANAKIN SKYWALKER!!!?

She rose to her feet as quickly as she could?though even then it was gradual. But Padmé?s flood of rage fueled her adrenaline.

?How dare you?! Y?you?re breathing out of my husband?s lungs!! You?re seeing out of my husband?s sapphire eyes!! Your beating heart?which you keep insisting is so black and dark?is the heart that Shmi Skywalker gave to her son!! And still you dare to call yourself Vader!!!?

He turned his back to her, unable to stand what she was saying.

?You don?t want to hear what I have to say because you KNOW it is true!! The darkness has corrupted you so much yo?you can?t even follow your own emotions! YOUR INSTINCTS!!?

With his back still to her, he shouted at the top of his lungs, ?I FOLLOW THE FORCE!! IT IS MY GUIDE!!?

She attempted to take a few steps forward, but the soreness was getting too be too much. Her legs were feeling weaker. Pressing her physical condition to the back of her mind, Padmé yelled furiously, ?You follow Palpatine!?

?I am his commanding right hand!!?

?YOU ARE A PUPPET TO A POWER-HUNGRY TYRANT!!?

Abruptly, before he could react with an angry retort, a loud gasp met his ears, as all the air seemed to suddenly be sucked out of Padmé.

He spun around immediately. ?What is it? Padmé??

?M? my wat? Gods, my water broke. My water?s broken!? An instant later a scream ripped through her vocal cords. To Padmé, besides physical pain, it was a scream of anguish, relief, despair, and hope. She felt anguish, because this was obvious a terrible time and place to give birth to twins. She felt relief, as every mother must, that the back aches, sore feet, swelling, and not being able to see

25. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    He tried to clear his head. ?Padmé, this is not the time to have a baby!!?

Padmé looked up at him, her jaw dropped open. ?As if I get to pick a time?!? she screamed in return, her voice raising another pitch as another contraction hit her halfway through her sentence. She couldn?t believe that he would say such a thing?and then Padmé remembered something dreadful.

So Padme is stuck giving birth with a partner who has no clue what to do? Welcome to the real world, baby! Join the ranks of motherhood! Seriously, this was great. I think Anakin/Vader needs his mother to give him a swift kick in the rear or a good talking to at the least. Did anyone see Iron Jawed Angels and how the guy changes his vote because he gets a note from his mama about allowing women the right to vote? That is what Anakin needs, a reminder of who brought him into this galaxy! Can't wait for more...but I still say Anakin needs his butt whipped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.