main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

REALLY the end?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by ScottAlmighty, Feb 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScottAlmighty

ScottAlmighty Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    Hey, I've been watching my Star Wars vids and DVDs over the weekend, and, the more I watch, and look at my posters, and my interactive Yoda, and my 6 foot KB Toys Anakin/Vader VINYL (it's for sale if anyone wants it...make a bid...lol)and I've been reading these boards...and the more I watch and listen and read, the more I just get this feeling that no matter what GL says...Ep 3 won't be the LAST of the Star Wars films.

I'm not talking neccessarily Episodes 7, 8, and 9...maybe they truely will NEVER be made...but if I know ANYTHING about movies and money and the relationship that they have...it just doesn't fit that there will NEVER be another movie with STAR WARS in the title.

My prediction: The Star Wars SAGA we know of will be complete after Episode III. After that, new characters, new time lines, new plots, just in the same universe. To be released...hmmm...2017...just sounds real to me.

Any of you get this SAME feeling?

2. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I hope so too. :D

3. Jedi_Master_Hammer

Jedi_Master_Hammer Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 6, 2002
    I think GL once said that he'll never let anyone else make a SW movie.
    That leaves only him to make new ones, which I frankly doubt he will do.
    But, hey! We can still hope!

PS. Just imagine the Sith War on big screen! Aaahh.... *drools all over the keyboard*

4. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    I think it's the end.

5. Alabak

Alabak Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2001
    It's the end.

Episode III is the last Star Wars film.
    And i for one am glad that it is, ROTJ was/is the perfect ending.

6. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Yeah I think it's over as far as movies.

I have a gut feeling that luca$ will let them make a TV show or something to keep the $$$ flowing in.

7. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    *shrugs* I imagine Star Wars as a movie industry will stop altogether. Special Editions and such, yes, but no more major motion pictures or large cinema events.

Maybe IMAX of the OT or the entire saga (the entire saga on IMAX...yeeeeesssss... *drools* ), but nothing more.

EU would still propel with post-NJO, and pre-OT works, as well as maybe some T.V. shows or network premieres.

Otherwise, I'm sad to say that it really is the end of the Star Wars movies. :( *tears up*

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

8. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    I believe it is over after Ep. 3. Lucas won't let someone else do another movie because he doesn't want another Holiday Special.

9. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    No more NEW films after Ep3, but the SW universe outside the movies will carry on.

So hey, get all excited about Ep3! It's much better to get caught up in all the build-up now, before it's too late.

10. Master Salty

Apr 18, 1999
    If any new films are done, I imagine they will be either way before TPM or way after ROTJ.

11. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    I don't want the saga to end, but I know it has to. I dont want to see Star Wars become like Star Trek.

12. Anakinisthechosenone

Anakinisthechosenone Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    "I don't want the saga to end, but I know it has to. I dont want to see Star Wars become like Star Trek."

Amen.

13. PEI

PEI Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2003
    I think that there is to much time between the epIII and IV. A filler in 2010 would be cool. I would be 40.

14. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001

The Star Wars Saga will end in 2005.

Get over it. :p

There will of course be many things to keep us fans happies; books, merchandise, games, etc.

We really don't have much right to complain. ;)

15. Icebreaker

Icebreaker Jedi Master star 4

Aug 20, 2001
    [color=336699]I sincerely hope that there is no more movies after EPISODE III...The series is perfect as it is and it just needs to end OR, like many people have said it will loose its credibility (some people would say it already has...not me though) and would become Star Trek. No Expanded Universe Movies. TV Shows. Or anything...just leave it at 6 EPISODES.

Re-realeases with enhanced special effects or IMAX releases will definetly be done and I think thats CooL, but please...no more NEW movies
    :D

~ICeBReaKeR[/color]
    He has never been cooler...

16. Lanky

Lanky Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    We'll always have The Ewok movies :D

17. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    I dont think it is the end because people will always be writing books. And george might make extra movies.

18. ScottAlmighty

ScottAlmighty Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    I mean, really, I agree that the saga is SIX, and that's it. I just get this feeling that we'll have Sith War stuff, and Empire Reborn stuff, and, it'll be like Star Trek, but different in that while Star Trek is a collection of unrelated movies, with this, we'll have the Skywalker Saga of Episodes I through VI, and the rest of the movies will be seen as ultimately unrelated...

There's just SO. Much. Money to be made.

19. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    There is so much openningd in Star Wars that you could just do anything and it would fit.

20. Master Salty

Apr 18, 1999
    I think books and videogames will be pretty much it after all 6 movies are released on DVD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.