main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Realms of Darkness (Post-ROTJ Han/Leia) *Please Read Author's Note! 8/25/03*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Puggy, Jun 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Poor Han..... hungry and sick and scared.... And Luke just sitting on his butt bothering his sister! *slaps Luke*

2. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    'Whacking' LOL- I was watching "Witness" the other day... :[face_sigh]: Good stuff...

Anyway, having Han pray to the Corellian Gods was a *great* touch!! I've read almost every H/L fic out there, and I don't think I've ever seen that done- so congrats you guys!! Very nice!!! But he's in so much paaaaaiiin!!!! My poor baby...

3. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Great Post Guys-I loved the Jaina and Jacen mention

4. jedi-lelila

jedi-lelila Jedi Master star 3

Jun 14, 2003
    Grr I missed this story :mad: well it's only chapter nine there so I hope it's more the beginning (or the middle) than the end !!
    It's a great fic you're writing here ladies.

I've some questions left without answers but I promise I'll be a good girl and wait for the answers. They'll come eventually, won't they ?? ;)
    Han's being scared enough to pray Corellian Gods? wow. I didn't think I would live long enough to read something like that [face_laugh]
    And yes I love Han. Maybe I've already read too much of LP's fictions and now her evilness toward Han is rubbing off on me ?[face_plain] ?[face_plain] [face_devil]

Jacen and Jaina are children of Gods? mmm... interesting idea *J-L meditates on it* Well think that could work... Wonderful names for children especially if Han's going back to Coruscant.... alive [face_devil] or in time there to well... I'm sure you know what I mean ;) before Leia gets totally crazy or before she falls in the Dark Side because it's the feeling she's giving to me right now :)

wonderful posts by the way
    will gladly wait for the next one i.e..... TODAY!!!! Yupee :D :D :D :D :D

5. Calandria

Calandria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    Oh, I had to laugh sooooooooooo hard. Han, praying? The I've-seen-a-lot-of-hookey-religious-I-only-need-a -blaster guy. Praying?

You know, I think I had a girlfriend once named Raquella--err, that isn't my point, honest, sweetheart

You can tell, he doesn't really do that all that often...(and he actually calls someone other than Leia sweetheart? I thought he did it just to annoy her? *innocent look*)

I don't want to cause any confusion that isn't necessary...

Ha, you admit it. You want to confuse us. (you might as well have not told us Han isn't force sensitive... might have spiced things up a bit.)

lol

Cal

6. Sunshine

Sunshine Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2003
    Oh, look, Puggy never thanked y'all. *sigh* Now I have to do it. I tell you, I'm scared of y'all.

LP: No, the Corellian gods were made up by Pugs herself... nice touch, eh? As for the Witness illusions... they're fun as heck to write in. :)

J_Girl: Mystification is fun!

GreatOne: Luke's a bum, what can I say?

Miska: Having Han pray was a good thing, I take it, so kudos to my dear co-authoress. The Witness snipes were also her idea... what can I say, she's a genius.

Kab730: Glad you liked the Jaina/Jacen being gods thing. Gods of what, however, is a mystery.

jedi-lelila: Grr I missed this story Better late than never- welcome! Questions are good, but I'm not at liberty to answer any of them. Make 'em sweat it out is our motto. Well, not really. We have no motto. Any ideas?

Yes, reading LP's work does do that to a person, doesn't it? *pointed look*

before Leia gets totally crazy or before she falls in the Dark Side because it's the feeling she's giving to me right now

I said it before, and I'll say it again, I think Leia's a psycho. Seriously. Love 'er to death, but I think she's nuts. Whether or not I act on that particular sentiment or not... well, only time will tell.

Calandria: Yeah, Han's prayers were very popular. Glad to see Puggy churned out such a crowd-pleaser.

Ha, you admit it. You want to confuse us.

*hangs head* You've found us out. Now the mystery is gone from our lives...

Post in a little bit...

7. Sunshine

Feb 15, 2003
    Message from Puggy (she's on vacay now, the lucky duck):

Hey there, faithful readers!  Due to conflicting schedules, Sunshine and I haven't had much time to collaborate further on this story.  It's my fault--I knew we'd have enough to get us through to the end of July, but I completely forgot that we'd actually have to start writing more... *Giggles*  Anyway.  Since Sunshine and I won't be able to talk for the next three weeks, that means we won't have anytime to write.  Because of this, posts will be back to the only on Sunday schedule for a little while.  I feel rather embarrassed about this, and I feel as though--with my tendency to "abandon" fics--I should have seen something like this coming.  Mainly, I just want to say I appreciate that you all are reading... And I hope you stick around despite the technical difficulties.  :)

I hope y'all do too. ;)

And so, here's chapter... uh.... *checks*

Chapter Ten! Enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter Ten

For the first time in what just had to be days, Han and his three soldiers were visited by their captors. The creatures carried lanterns, as well as bowls and baskets, which they set before their prisoners. Han's eyes adjusted quickly to the presence of light in the cave and his hazel-green orbs flicked immediately to the baskets containing fruits and breads and the bowls filled with water.

Looks like somebody up there listened to me, Han mused, almost laughing at the thought. His eyes moved from the delicious refreshments and up towards the creatures. They were watching him, watching his soldiers. It were as if...

No, thought Solo, it can't be...

Han's attention once more redirected itself, this time over to a haggard-looking Madic and Callie, still nuzzled next to one another. Lieutenant Book mouthed, "Poison?" to Han, who only shrugged his shoulders.

"Eat!" the creature suddenly snarled, jarring Han and his brigade. Tentatively, Han reached forward and picked up a piece of bread, followed by a ripened tildeberry. He placed the bread in his lap, then carefully examined the fruit in his palm. It looked edible; truthfully, it looked better than just edible. The tildeberry was a beautiful, bright red color, and was both perfectly round and wonderfully smooth.

Simply, this tiny tildeberry looked positively delectable.

Without a second thought Han popped the fruit into his mouth, savoring every single bite. The one tildeberry, however, was hardly enough to satisfy Han's appetite. Hungrily, selfishly, he snatched up a handful of the gorgeous fruit and quickly crammed it into his mouth.

"I take it they're good, General Solo?" Madic inquired, leaning a little towards the basket. At all times, though, the soldier remained focus on the creatures. That is, until they simply walked away. The captors' leaving puzzled Madic Book further, but he shrugged it off and reveled in the chance to eat and drink.

Han shrugged once more. "Well, I haven't died yet."

"Has anyone linked it?"

Leia was sitting up ramrod straight in her bed, her hair in a long braid down her back, her expression intense.

"Linked what?" Luke asked. He had remained by her side faithfully since his arrival, something Leia alternately cursed and praised. She might have had a chance to escape with someone else--Luke, on the other hand, knew what she was thinking almost before she did.

Drawing her braid forward, Leia tugged on it lightly. "My kidnapping and Han's disappearance."

Luke turned to her sharply, eyeing his sister warily. "What would make you think that? You're a high-ranking official, Han's a general in charge of a semi-controversial mission."

Leia paused. His logic was solid: there had been attempts on her life many times before, and the mission to Liica had been divisive. Some thought they should let what had been a reclusive and solitary planet bury its own dead.

She leaned back on her pillows, twisting the braid. She was quiet, and Luke wonde

8. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    Well, at least they got to eat a little. And I finally got an answer as to who their captors are. Hmm, yes, weird (now would that be salvageably weird or just weird?) that the others aren't shackled which raises another question that I won't ask.

Leia is piecing things together, methinks. ;) I just hope she does it faster.

Great post, girls! :)

J_Girl

9. Tara

Tara Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2002
    Ooh, very nice! Suspenseful...Awesome job as always Puggy and Sunshine.

Han swore a string a curses under his breath. If anything--anything, whether it be a scratch or a bruise--were to happen to Leia while he was gone, someone was going to have hell to pay.

Awww, Han is too cute! I just love him in this fic :)

Can't wait for the next update! :)

10. Calandria

Jul 12, 2003
    Okay, little question:

If Leia is well enough to go for a walk in the park, why doesn't she just sneak out when Luke's not looking and go to Liica herself? She's just being whinny right now... (understandable, but still)

lol

11. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    I am starting to think Luke has been taken over by the Liicans, just like those pod people took over humans in that movie (whose name escapes me) *snickers*

EDIT- Invasion of the Body Snatchers! That's it!

12. crystalrain

crystalrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Em, having just arrived back from camping, I'm going on holiday again on the 24th. Sorry guys! I'll resume faithful replies... sometime... in a month or two. *gulp* Sorry!

Oh, and great posts, by the way ;)

13. Sunshine

Feb 15, 2003
    *Sunshine reports in for thank-you duty*

Hi, My name is Sunshine and I'll be your thanker for the day ;)

J_Girl: I love that the first thing that you say is about their eating. Well, duh, we're not going to let them starve to death. It'd be sooooooo anticlimatic. It's salvageably weird that none of them are wearing binders.

Meanwhile, in the hospital, Leia's putting two and two together and getting 1.5, so give her some time.

Tara!!!!! *hugs* You came! And yes, Han is a darling. He's not gonna be too thrilled, though, when he finds out what's happened to his precious Leia...

Calandria: I think Leia's earned a little time to be whiny. Luke's used up his quota, now it's her turn. And don't worry, she'll be scaling down walls like Spiderman soon enough.

GreatOne: I am starting to think Luke has been taken over by the Liicans, just like those pod people took over humans in that movie (whose name escapes me) *snickers*

Naaaaaaaaah, that's just Luke.

crystalrain: Have fun on vacation, Rain, and thanks for stopping by!

Post Sunday.

14. QueenOfAces

QueenOfAces Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2003
    Puggy and Sunshine...I just found this fic and I wanted to let you know that I'm enjoying it very much. Torture and humor in the same fic...generally, that's difficult to accomplish, but you two have made it look easy! Keep up the good work.

15. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    AHHHHH WONDERFUL CHAPTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lol. Great job, guys! Can't wait for more! These were great. YAY!
    I loved Leia's memories of her mom.

16. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    I'm HOME! :)

A-Windsor, thank you for reading, we really do appreciate it :)! And QueenOfAces, glad you've stopped in!

This time, Sunny created a religion... The Alderaani one. :) Hope you enjoy, and I also hope you check back next Sunday!

- - -

Chapter Eleven

The garden consisted of curving paths and gentle hills, some benevolent-looking trees and every kind of flower imaginable. Flowers from every place in the galaxy, lining the paths and forming beds, guarding the trees and making the air heavy with their fragrances. It was a calm place, a quiet place, a place where most people whispered. Nurses accompanied some of the patients, others were walked by family members or friends. No one walked alone.

It was not the garden so much that bothered Leia, it was the hospital that boxed it in. On all sides there were stark walls, forming her prison.

Luke pointed to a prim row of a white-petaled flowers that had flaming red edges. "Oh, Leia, look at the oilillies. Aren't they beautiful?"

There was a noncommital murmur from his sister that he took to mean that she agreed. They had been walking the garden for over an hour now, but Luke did not dare to suggest that they should go inside. Leia had not wanted to visit the gardens at all, but after three days of remaining in the seclusion of the hospital room even Luke was ready to go mad, and so he persuaded his sister to leave. Now it seemed she had no intention of returning to her room.

There had been some furtive glances and hisses, and a few outright stares, but Leia was completely oblivious. Her eyes were lacking their normal interest, and Luke found her empty stare unnerving. He did not have to worry about it much--Leia rarely looked at him, and her replies were scarce. Her vacant words were far more disturbing than her silence.

"When I was little," she said, her eyes trained on the oilillies, "Papa would take me to masses every evening at sunset. The priest would say all sorts of beautiful words in prayer, and it was so peaceful. And once a week--an Alderaani week--there would be a big mass that everyone would attend. It was a social event, and everyone dressed up, and they all spoke in whispers, and they presented trinkets to please our gods. Alii and Aina. The Gods of the Heavens."

Her voice was bitter, but with each word she spoke it grew sweeter and more wistful. "There was a painting of Aina where we would gather--and she looked like a traditional Alderaani woman. She looked just like my mother. And Alii was a strong, intelligent, peaceful man, whom I associated with my Papa. I was always being told that if I was good the gods would love me."

Leia's voice ended in a soft, far-away timbre, something Luke was unused to.

"There were the Daughters--the women who carried out the gods' wishes. They were so calm and peaceful. They said prayers on the little round pink stones that they'd drop into a sack--one said every hour, with extras for special prayers. They wore lovely violet gowns and their hair was never braided. I thought that was so curious.

"They took pity on me--the poor, motherless girl, all alone on the palace grounds with no other children. They were my teachers before Papa got me tutors. They told me that the gods loved me best, for placing me in the Organa household, and that if I was to please Aina and Alii that I must pray to them. Aina and Alii, they said, were my true parents, and that Mama and Papa were just my parents for this life. When I died, I would return home to them, and be with my true parents."

Leia smiled wryly, but her eyes never strayed from the walkway. "The word 'Alia' means home. It's also the word for the Alderaani heaven. We would go to Alia and be with our parents in paradise. The Daughters were obsessed with this idea--every move they made was calculated so that they'd have the best chance of being in Alii's and Aina's favor when they died. As a child, I thought this religious fervor was wonderful. They had a goal."

She laughed, a high, strange sound, and L

17. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Leia *is* a loon!!!!!!
    Don't send her to the asylum!
    Awesome chapter! I loved the Alderaani parts, they were moving!
    More soon, please!!

18. Calandria

Jul 12, 2003
    *shudders*

Creepy. Never saw Leia that way. I always think of her as that strong person with unlimited energy and a kind of inner strength.

It's an awesome post.

loved it.

19. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    Uh oh.... I SWEAR IF LUKE DOESN'T GET OFF HIS BUTT AND GO RESCUE HAN..I'm ... I'm .. gonna have to TWACK him!!!!!! :mad:

20. Calandria

Jul 12, 2003
    Remind me never to get on your bad side Great One...

21. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    OK Leia is *not* a loon!!! :) She just gets a little uptight sometimes, and she's under a lot of stress!! LOL but I really liked this part:

I decided to strike a bargain with them, for old time's sake.

That sounded like something Han would say- he must be rubbbing off on her ;-)

EDIT: Oh and I forgot to mention- that ending was just creepy!! ::shivers::

22. zsuzsa

zsuzsa Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2003
    Congratulations Ladies! The last post was full of emotions; I liked the Alderaani parts very much. It was a longest Leia monologue what I ever read.
    It?s so sad we don?t know too much about the Alderaani culture. :(

?a crowned oililly had been the royal crest of the Organas? I always wondered how the Organas crest looked like. (I like family crests, my favorite area of the Hungarian history is the Austro-Hungarian Monarchy back there were plenty of them)

Poor Leia after all what she went through I?m not surprised she is in this state. But please don?t put her in the insane asylum. (She will escape somewhat anyway) :p

Zsuzsa

23. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Poor thing! As if she doesn't have enough to make her crazy after all she's been through. I always thought Leia was tough, but in a brittle, breakable way. Just the right stress and CR-A-A-CK.

Han better make it back soon. I'm in no mood to deal with H/L torture * glares menacingly at Puggy and Sunshine *

More!

24. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    Han better make it back soon. I'm in no mood to deal with H/L torture

:eek: *takes computer and runs and hides under bed, so LP can't find me....*

25. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Eeps! I'm so sorry the thank you's are so late, as is the next chapter! My sincerest apologies!

Oh, and I know Sunshine really appreciated all your comments. She's not here, but she gives her thanks.

A-Windsor: Leia is definitely a loon. *Grin*

Calandria: Creepy. Never saw Leia that way. I always think of her as that strong person with unlimited energy and a kind of inner strength.

I think Leia's one of those characters that can easily crack. She's strong--but she has her limits.

GreatOne: Are you sure you you want Luke to rescue Han? *Says no more*

Miska: OK Leia is *not* a loon!!!

She is too! *Sticks out tongue*

Zsuzsa: Thanks for the compliments!

It?s so sad we don?t know too much about the Alderaani culture.

I agree, but then again, it gives us a lot of freedom, which is always fun. :)

Poor Leia after all what she went through I?m not surprised she is in this state. But please don?t put her in the insane asylum. (She will escape somewhat anyway).

*Grins*

LadyPadme: I always thought Leia was tough, but in a brittle, breakable way. Just the right stress and CR-A-A-CK.

Heh, yeah... I think I/we (me, especially, LOL) have some strange fascination with breaking the strong characters. *Smiles* So much fun.

Han better make it back soon. I'm in no mood to deal with H/L torture * glares menacingly at Puggy and Sunshine *

*Whistles innocently* Truthfully, I have no idea how much longer this is going to go on. After I post the next chapter, we're wingin' it--I've got nothing else left to post. *Giggles* Ah, well. The best part is, for the next week or so, I'm the one writing. *Evil smile*

Next chapter in a bit... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.