main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Realms of the Heart (sequel to "Sealed With a Kiss") post YJK AU J/Z completed 2-17-08

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jade_Skywalker, May 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    For the life of me!! Okay, so I finally made myself sit down and do replies like I've been meaning to for the past two months.

Emerald_Lady: I'm glad that you're enjoying it. BTW, love the Edward quote oh fellow Twilight fan. ;) Eclipse is actually one of the reasons why I haven't gotten much writing done lately. ;) I reccomend those books to EVERYBODY. :D

Arwen_Djo: Yes this part was by far the most intense thing I've ever written. After each part, I practically had to take a breather.

Meshugenah: Yes, I totally agree that this is how it should be with Jacen. Thank goodness for fanfiction huh? ;)

Healer_Leona: Thank you.

VaderLVR64: Thanx. :)

jedi_of_ennth: I'm always happy to hear when my writing sounds realistic. :D

Neo-Paladin: Yes, I hope to give you more soon.

Jade_Max: As always, I love your replies even if they are late. Like I should talk, right? ;)

ZekksGoddess: He he, I figured most people would just be happy that it wasn't Zekk. ;)

JainaRox: Thanx for reading.

JediBettyBug18: Oh, just come in when you can, no worries. :)

Okay, so, many things have been getting in the way, namely, school, but I've got some time this weekend and the next part is half written so I hope to be finished with it soon. :D

2. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Okay, so since it's been so long since the last post, I tried to make it a little longer than my average post, so enjoy! :D

Jaina sat and waited on the sands of her tropical beach, her heart beating faster from anxiety with each passing moment. The image of Natalia on the floor, screaming, continued to haunt her thoughts. Sometimes it wasn?t Natalia she saw. Sometimes it was herself. Was it inevitable? It had been two nights since that incident, and each night she had tried harder to remember the coordinates, but it slipped from her each time she woke up.

And each night, Zekk had not come.

Jaina growled her frustration, her fingernails digging into her palms, and her teeth clenched together. Her tears were a never-ending flood down her face. She needed to see him. She needed to know he was all right. Even if it hadn?t been him this last time, there was no way of knowing who was going to be next, or how soon that would be. These clones were too unpredictable.

So lost in her grief, she nearly jumped when she felt strong arms wrap around her. In a second, her senses came back, and she turned, throwing her arms around his neck.

?Zekk!? she wailed. She cried hard on his shoulder, and his arms around her tightened protectively. ?Zekk,? she cried again, ?they . . . they . . .?

?Shh,? he soothed as he rubbed her back. It was like comforting a child after a horrific nightmare. ?It?s all right. I know. I know. The clones they . . . they like to boast. How is Natalia??

Jaina leaned back, looking into his eyes, and shook her head. ?Not well. She hasn?t eaten or slept since it happened. Uncle Luke is really worried about her.?

Zekk stroked her cheek with his thumb. ?Have you been able to remember??

Jaina squeezed her eyes shut as the tears began falling harder. Her voice couldn?t get past her throat. All she was able to do was shake her head.

Zekk pulled her close again, laying her head against his shoulder and stroking her hair. ?Shh,? he soothed again. ?Stop trying so hard, Jaina. Just let it come to you.?

?I don?t know how, and we?re running out of time. Zekk, I don?t know what I?ll do if you get killed.?

?Don?t worry about me. You can do this, Jaina.?

?I can?t!?

?Calm down!? he commanded and his voice held such authority, that Jaina immediately quieted her sobs. He sighed. ?I?m sorry. I didn?t mean to yell.?

Despite herself, Jaina chuckled as she pulled away from him. Wiping away her tears she offered him a weak smile. ?That?s okay. I think I needed a verbal slap in the face.?

Zekk gave her the same smile. ?We?ll figure this out, Jaina.?

?You seem awfully sure of yourself.?

Zekk?s smile turned warm as he caressed her cheek with his fingers. His hand slid into the curtain of her hair and stopped at the back of her neck. ?C?mere.?

Jaina didn?t fight as Zekk brought their faces closer together, pressing his lips to hers. On its own accord, her hand slid up his chest, neck, and rested on his cheek. She allowed her eyes to close as his lips moved slowly but expertly against hers, igniting a passion within her. She kissed him back, breathing in his scent, causing her nostrils to flare. Her arms slipped around his neck as his went around her waist, losing themselves in their kiss.

Finally, when the need for air overcame their desire to continue, they pulled their lips away, though not far. They sat there, clutching each other, taking in each other?s heavy breaths. Hardly after catching her breath, Jaina kissed him again, and her lungs won the battle more quickly this time. She pressed her forehead to his, waiting for her heartbeat and breathing to return to normal.

?Jaina,? Zekk breathed, ?I know my timing really stinks right now, and that you won?t remember this when you?re awake, but I need to ask you something.?

Without breaking the touch of their foreheads, Jaina peered into his eyes. ?Yes??

?It?s been five years,? he began. ?Five very long years. Before you left on your first mission with Mara, we had a connec

3. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    It's really cool seeing them push themselves through to a resolution. The romance was pretty heated too. :)

Thank you for sharing this.

4. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Qorl fell silent. He stared at her for a moment, and then began pacing. He stopped and stared at her again. It was clear that he was battling over something in his mind. He repeated the pacing and stopping process several times before he stopped and turned his gaze toward Jaina again. By the look in his eyes, he was decided.

?I may be able to help you with that.?

Oh really?? [face_thinking] o_O

Superb post.

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    ?What's your plan for getting them out??

?Still working on that.?

Qorl fell silent. He stared at her for a moment, and then began pacing. He stopped and stared at her again. It was clear that he was battling over something in his mind. He repeated the pacing and stopping process several times before he stopped and turned his gaze toward Jaina again. By the look in his eyes, he was decided.

I can't wait! :D

=D=

7. Emerald_Lady

Emerald_Lady Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2006
    Re: Twilight...you're the second person to comment on that, which makes me happy. :D Yes, I recently discovered it, and it is awesome. Eclipse especially blew my mind. But if I keep going, I'll just dissolve into fangirly mush, so I'll get back on-topic now. :)

Despite herself, Jaina chuckled as she pulled away from him. Wiping away her tears she offered him a weak smile. ?That?s okay. I think I needed a verbal slap in the face.?

[face_laugh] Well, Jaina does need those once in a while. ;)

?Will you marry me, Jaina?? he breathed as if it was the last breath he would ever take.

Squee! Finally! [face_dancing]

Her eyes went wide as Zekk?s words registered in her mind. Jaina had never been one to wear dresses by her own choice, much less picture herself in one, but suddenly a silky white pooling over her body was the most perfect image she had seen, and she wanted it badly.

[face_love]

?You have no idea how long I have wanted to ask you that,? he spoke in a pant.

?Let me guess,? she said as her tears streamed over her raised cheeks. ?Ever since you were a vent crawler??

*sniffle* This almost made me choke up. :_|[face_love]

His other went down the opposite side, tugging her gown up, feeling the heated flesh of her leg and hooking it around his hip.

ZOMG Eclipse flashback! Seriously, though, this is some pretty heated stuff, and they can't even remember any of it. [face_plain]

?Sithspawn! Those aren't random numbers, Aunt Mara! They're coordinates!?

YES! She remembered! [face_dancing]

Ooh, this should be interesting. [face_thinking]

Great post! :D

8. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Healer_Leona: Thanx so much for coming back. I know it took forever. :)

VaderLVR64: Well, then I'll try and get it up soon.

Emerald_Lady: Yes, I admit, that part was going through my head when I wrote this. [face_blush] I don't usually do that, but my fingers seemed to dsagree with my mind. ;) I'm glad to see that you are really enjoying this. :D

Oy,I hope I haven't lost all my other readers. Oh well, my own fault I suppose.

Anyway. The next part is coming along. It shouldn't take two months this time. ;)

9. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Ooooo, romance and tension - I loved it, that whole dream scene thing is just such a fun idea, you've struck goal, m'dear, the possibilities are just endless! I love how they move from one thing to another, and Zekk's proposal was just priceless. And about time too considering what they've found out in their dormant states ;)

She nodded. ?I've never been more sure about anything. I can't explain it.?

Luke smiled. ?Learn from one who's had experience. Don't try.?

That was just classic Luke for me. I don't know why, but those lines really stood out once I was done reading this post. Perhaps because it sums p everything and foreshadows all at once. There's so much she won't be able to explain and yet, will she have to, and should she even try?

This post was most certainly well worth the wait ;)

Thanks for the PM! I'm looking forward to seeing how our "good" clone friend is going to lend a hand [face_devil]

10. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Well, I'm very glad you're still enjoying this. Yes, Qorl's part is going to be quite fun. [face_devil]

11. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Definitely better timing than the last post. ;) Enjoy!

Jaina sat, waiting for Luke to respond, and twiddling her fingers nervously. She maintained eye contact with her uncle as he rested in his chin on two fingers and his thumb, while he drummed his fingertips on his desk with the other hand. Over the past week, Jaina had worked with Qorl planning, re-planning, and revising until they had come up with something to bring before the Jedi Master. The Jedi scouts that Luke had sent returned and confirmed that the clones were exactly where Jaina had said they would be. It was time to act, and everyone was feeling the anxiety of it, but the actual plan was yet to be decided.

Luke's eyes narrowed as he studied his niece for only a moment longer. ?I don't like this plan, Jaina.?

Jaina sighed, realizing for the first time that she had been holding her breath. ?I didn't think you would.?

?It gives Qorl too much power over the situation. One word from him, and the entire operation could be sunk.?

?I know,? Jaina countered, ?but this could work. The clones will be so distracted that we could get everyone out before they even realized what was going on.?

?But why now, Jaina? Why did he choose now to help us? He was convinced that if he tried, he would only end up betraying us.?

?Something changed in him when he brought Natalia back.?

?Are you sure about that??

Jaina was about to say ?Yes!? but the tone in Luke's voice stopped her. She ran the question over again on her mind before asking, ?What are you really saying, Uncle Luke??

?You know what my concern is, Jaina. I don't know if I can allow you to put yourself in the position that you are proposing.?

?I'm willing to take that risk if it means rescuing our Jedi,? she spoke firmly.

?You mean if it means rescuing Zekk,? Luke pointed out.

Jaina's eyes hardened. ?Don't start on that again.? She had spoken deeply, her voice rang with authority.

They had been simple words, but it took Luke by surprise. Her words had not been a request; they had been a command, and that was when it hit him. Jaina was no longer a child, no longer a teenager. She was a grown woman, and, in his own eyes, a full-fledged Jedi Knight. They faced each other now, not as master and apprentice, not as uncle and niece, but as two equal adults with responsibilities that required risk.

Jaina grew nervous in his silence, expecting the final, ?No? any minute, so she continued. ?What if Aunt Mara was on that station? Nothing would stop you no matter the risk.?

Luke sighed in defeat. ?Your parents will never forgive me if anything happens to you, Jaina.?

Jaina could feel his acceptance, but she kept her voice strong. ?It'll work, Uncle Luke.?

Luke stared at her for only a moment longer and then nodded. ?All right. You win. You'll leave with Qorl first thing in the morning.?

They stood and Jaina nodded her head. ?Thank you.?

?May the Force be with you, Jaina.?

?And with you.?

Jaina tried very hard to keep her tears at bay as she glanced around the room. The bed was just as she had left it the previous night. The candles still burned, the wax never going down. He hadn't come the entire week that she had been planning with Qorl. She had gone this long without seeing him before, and she desperately tried to hold on to the hope that their sleeping schedules just weren't meeting up again. But this felt wrong. Somehow, she knew that Zekk was running out of time.

Jaina looked down at herself, watched her gown shimmer in the candlelight. Despite the ever-growing feeling that she was closer to losing Zekk than she ever had been before, she clung to the hope that he may still come this night. Jaina touched the thin straps and lightly lifted them off her shoulders. The rest of the gown fell, sliding down her body easily. An then she lay down on the bed, bringing the sheet up to her chest and waited. She closed her eyes, pretending to be asleep, wishing that she could, but she knew that she already was. She did no

12. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Oooo, and the plot thickens once more. It'll be interesting to see how Jaina handles the advances of the clones - if things progress that far ;) - and exactly how Luke is going to turn Qorl's betrayal into an advantage - if indeed it wasn't all part of the plan to begin with *grin*

This is to twisted, you've gotta know I'm just loving it! :D

I can't wait to see Jay rescue Zekk *bounces in her seat eagerly* =D=

13. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    It's always a poignant moment when you look at a child you've loved and see an adult.

Jaina's eyes hardened. ?Don't start on that again.? She had spoken deeply, her voice rang with authority.

They had been simple words, but it took Luke by surprise. Her words had not been a request; they had been a command, and that was when it hit him. Jaina was no longer a child, no longer a teenager. She was a grown woman, and, in his own eyes, a full-fledged Jedi Knight. They faced each other now, not as master and apprentice, not as uncle and niece, but as two equal adults with responsibilities that required risk.

You've captured Luke's noble spirit here perfectly! =D=

14. Stookymalarkey

Stookymalarkey Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2007
    Damn, that's cold. I dunno if Qorl is trying to gain Ruhl's favor to screw him over later or if he actually sold Jaina out to once more revel in the service of his clone brothers, and that works. Keep up the good work.

15. Emerald_Lady

Emerald_Lady Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2006
    I liked how Luke finally realized that Jaina's grown up. But why did Qorl have to wake her up at that exact moment? :_| But I think their plan is a good one. Perhaps they should take care of Ruln on their way out. :mad:

16. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Kinda made me sad with Luke seeing Jaina anew. Reminded me of my own kids. [face_blush]

17. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Jade_Max: This is to twisted, you've gotta know I'm just loving it!

Yes, I like to twist things up. I don't know why. ;)

VaderLVR64: You've captured Luke's noble spirit here perfectly!

That kind of stuff is seriously always the best thing to hear. I'm such a stickler over characterization.

Stookymalarkey: Yay! It works, I'm glad. ;)

Emerald_Lady: But why did Qorl have to wake her up at that exact moment?

Well think about it, was that Zekk's hand because he had finally showed up, or was that Qorl's hand shaking her awake? ;)

Healer_Leona: Aw!!!! :)

18. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    Well, that was an unexpected twist. o_O
    The question becomes how much is going according to who's plan?

I can't wait to see.

19. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Thank you! Yes, I love to keep peope guessing. ;)

20. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Sorry I've been so slow to post again. The semester is almost out, but until then, school has every moment of my life when I'm not at work or sleeping. ;) I'll try and get one up by the end of next week.

21. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    So.. uh... when do we get to see this revived, my friend? [face_batting]

22. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Tell you what. If I can get my shift at work covered today, because I'm really sick, I'll work on the next post. ;)

23. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    [:D] I have a better idea. Get well first... then work on the post. I may be impatient, but I don't want to jeopardize your health! :)

24. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Oh trust me, there's nothing more relaxing for me, short of sleeping, than to work on my stories, and don't worry I did get some sleep too. Yes, I was able to get my shift covered and worked on my story. I should have a new post up by tomorrow. :D

25. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    So yes, I have been ableto take advantage of my time off from work, and got a new post for all of you. Enjoy!!

As the two clones led Jaina through the corridors of the space station, they taunted her by going into exact details of what to expect later when Ruln came for her. She was obviously not the first girl he had ever taken advantage of, and the things they spoke of sickened her to her stomach and filled her with rage. It was all she could do to keep calm when they started to speak of Cail and the rest of the Jedi they had imprisoned here. They spoke of the different ways they were going to send out the message of how enemies of the Empire they once served were to be taken care of.

?Your Empire is dead!? Jaina growled. ?There's nothing left for you to serve!?

The clone to her left tightened his grip, and gave her arm a rough jerk. ?As long as we are faithful to our duty, the Empire lives within us!?

?Did Ruln tell you that?? Jaina sneered. ?What happens if you do succeed and all the Jedi are killed? You'll have no other duties to carry out. Where will you go? Do you think the Imperial Remnant will take you in? The peace treaty between us was signed when I was ten, and you've already violated that.?

The clone to her right suddenly turned on her, stopping their pace, and grabbing her throat. The other clone held her tight. ?And what makes you think that we would want to go to those traitors of the Emperor??

Jaina's voice was raspy as she attempted to speak. ?Because you can't live without someone giving you orders, and there will be none left to give once you've finished with us. You truly are the most pathetic beings I have ever known.?

He slapped her. Hard. But it was not enough to purge his rage and so his hand came back, backhanding the other side of her face. He grabbed her throat again, squeezing it so hard that it was impossible to get her voice past it. The need for air consumed her, her mouth hung open, desperate to bring in even the slightest bit of oxygen. And then she felt a liquid in her mouth. Another hand forced her mouth closed and pinched her nose. When the hand released her throat, her natural reaction was to swallow whatever the substance was. The clone moved his hands away, and sweet air filled her lungs.

The sensation was short lived, however, as another, more powerful and more painful sensation began in her stomach, trailed along the path the liquid had taken, and then expanded to every corner of her body with such velocity, that suddenly, she could not breathe again. The clone that held her let her fall to the floor. Her body shook violently, the heels of her boots pounded the floor, her fingernails clawed and began to tear away from her skin. It was as though thousands of needles were being driven into every inch of her body, from the bottom of her feet, to the softness of her eyes. It was in every joint, making it worse at even the smallest movement.

Everywhere, the stinging pain attacked her, all she knew was the pain. She could not remember the precious moments of her life that may have brought her solace, she did not remember Zekk, or her family, she could not remember her teachings, she did not know her own name. There was only the pain and nothing else.

The pain intensified in her chest, but she could not think coherently enough to understand that it was because one of the clones was pressing his foot upon her. ?Who's the pathetic one now,? he spoke. ?This is only a sample of what you'll get here.?

He pressed his foot down on her chest again and again, laughing as she screamed each time. Then he left it there, consistently applying pressure. The other clone bent down and slapped her again, but his anger was not satisfied. He shoved his comrade away, grabbed her by the neck of her robes, hauled her to her feet and slammed her into the wall. Jaina's back slid down the wall, but he wasn't finished with her. Grabbing her by her hair, he pulled her back up and rammed his fist into her stomach. He backhanded her one last

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.