main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Reap and Wonderment - (TPM - AOTC AU, Obi-Wan, Anakin)- ACT ONE COMPLETED 3/22

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sara_Kenobi, Dec 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady-Kenobi

Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    THIS NEEDS AN UP!

2. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Great Chapter, Sara!!! :D

3. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
  4. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
  5. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I hope to have the next part ready, tonight. :)

6. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Obi-wan looked at his master in shock at his announcement, "Palpatine? He was the Sith Lord that tried to kill my mother?"

"He was the Sith Lords master. But it's something the council hasn't been able to prove in the last ten years. It was also another good reason why I choose to keep you in the dark over this, Obi-wan. I hope you can forgive me?"

Qui-Gon's words were soft and full of deep regret. It was truly paining him over what he'd done. Obi-wan realized.

"I forgive the deception, master. But tell me something else-"

"Anything."

"Why in the Force have you been hanging around Master Dooku so much? I know he's your old master, but you two have never spoken in the last twelve years. Why suddenly has that changed?"

"I'm afraid my master is part of the deception," Qui-Gon quipped. "He was the apprentice that Palpatine sent ten years ago to Tatooine."

"What?" Obi-wan was stunned.

"I also fear that if he learns of your abrupt return to the Temple, he will warn Palpatine, and they'll act on your brother much sooner than expected.You must return for him at once, Obi-wan. Before it's too late."

Obi-wan knodded and swiftly began to hurry from the suite. He'd lost far too much time, already.

7. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    I hope to have the next part ready for today. Much later, though. As I write this, it's 2:15 a.m. where I am. 8-}

8. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Up!

Post coming shortly...

9. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    It was late on Tatooine. The hour was black and the air was cool on skin. Anakin hugged himself tightly, as he walked slowly and tiredly into the family kitchen. This night seemed as if one was awake but dreaming anyway.

Ben had returned back to his Temple without him. Anakin had been upset at first, but then, mother had said he planned on returning for him, soon.

He would soon be a Jedi Knight and then could save his mother from this place. This existence, if it could seriously be called that.

There was a dim light on in the room, in the far corner. Slowly, Anakin pad footed across the cold and dirty floor in his slippers. His pajama bottoms slid along with him at his heels.

Anakin yawned tiredly, making him look like a sleeping angel, "Mom, why are you awake so late?"

His mother was seated at the table, a glass of blue milk sat full at her right hand, and her back was directed toward him. She was slumped in her chair as if in sleep.

"Mom," Anakin inquired again with another yawn, and forced himself to walk toward her, "Are you awake, Mom?"

Slowly, Anakin reached out a small hand toward her from behind.

It was late in the day now. Owen couldn't get away again from his own homestead for the last week, as Beru had wanted his help in the gardens in the backyard, and he wasn't a man that would refuse his wife, anything.

It had been almost a week since his last visit to Shmi Skywalker's home, and he thought it would be great visiting Ben again before he left with Anakin for Coruscant.

He guessed he should pick up on his visits soon, if only to help Shmi from the upcoming separation from Anakin. She adored the boy dearly, and it would be most difficult on her to give him up. Especially after seeing Ben again, and being reminded of his loss in her life.

"Shmi," Owen called affectionately into the late hour of the afternoon, and carefully made his way into the Skywalker house. The doors were breaking off at the hinges, and Owen made a mental note to fix them before he returned home. "Anakin, are you home?"

Owen stepped into the kitchen to find the room dark. It smelled thick with disturbed sand, and with something else that Owen did not know right off.

"Anakin?"

A muffled sound could be heard coming from the darkest corner of the room. It was weak as if someone was being smothered.

Owen whispered weakly now, "Ani? Are you there?"

Owen stepped into the room, and then slowly creaked to the other side of the table, taking in a better view of where the sound was coming from.

Anakin was on the floor, crying into something in his arms. It was big, dark, and looked very heavy for the boy to hold. His back lurched with every sob, as if it hurt him to do so with whatever he was holding in his arms.

Owen cried worriedly now, "Anakin?"

Owen approached the boy carefully and touched his shoulders. He gasped in utter horror, as Anakin slowly looked up at him with wide, starching blue eyes in the black of the room.

Owen could also make out the form of what Anakin was holding now against him in his embrace, tightly, as if letting it go would break it in half.

"Oh, Ani. No. No."

Owen dropped to his knees beside the boy and his fallen mother, and screamed in the agony that filled his heart with more blackness than Owen Lars ever thought he would ever see, in all the days of his life.

10. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    I hope to update again, really soon. My writing muse has bit me hard in the arse, and I wanna get out as much as possible. 8-}

11. Lady-Kenobi

Mar 5, 2003
    BEAUTIFUL CHAPTERS, SARA!

MORE SOON?

12. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    ***gasp*** YOU KILLED HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! POOR ANI, OWEN, AND OBI!!!!!!!!!! WHAT'S HE GONNA DO WHEN HE FINDS OUT?!?!?!?! TELL ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Great update :)

14. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    More later! :)

15. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh, schweet bliss! :D

You know....I've always fanicied myself as a Dark Lord. Do I get to torture people? [face_laugh]

16. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    I am looking for an apprentice, you know... [face_devil] 8-}

17. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
  18. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    It was as if walking through a black abyss. It seemed as if one was walking in a dreamless slumber that no one could break free from.

That was what the death of his mother was like for Anakin Skywalker, a ten-year-old boy from Tatooine that was now completely alone. A child that felt he had no one in the galaxy that mattered, left.

His brother had been here only a short time before. He'd been here and said they were going away together. Ben had said he was going to be a Jedi Knight.

Now, it all faded into nothingness for the Skywalker boy.

"We're here for you, Ani," Beru Lars whispered in his ear from somewhere far away.

Anakin looked up into the young face of the woman at his left side. She was beautiful in the way that she had been. Pleasantly soft in the eyes, and with hair that was as golden as the twin suns when it shined.

That was what his own wife would look like someday. Anakin thought. Kindness would be the most beautiful thing about her. You would see it whenever she looked you in the eyes.

"Thank you, Beru," Anakin replied kindly, as the funeral pyre burned into the late afternoon sky of the new day. "I know."

Mom would want me to be nice.

Owen Lars was on his other side. They were the only ones there. Anakin had been his mother's only family. He realized suddenly.

It was strange how children never gave much thought to things like that. Not until they were forced too.

Ben was his brother. True. But right now it didn't feel like it.

Nothing felt like it was supposed to now.

Anakin suspected nothing would ever feel the same, again. Where is he? Can't he feel her gone?

"It's time now, Ani. We can't wait anymore," Owen's voice said.

The small boy simply knodded his agreement in complete silence. He was too overwhelmed to speak as he came to terms with the fact that he would be saying good-bye to his mother today, completely by himself.

There was no one left for him here.

No one.

19. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
  20. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Thank you, LaYa. :)

21. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    Great, emotional stuff, Sara. It should pull on the strings.

FORWARD!

22. Lady-Kenobi

Mar 5, 2003
    Too sad for words!

GREAT! MORE SOON, SARA?

23. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    WA-Wa-Wa-WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO SAD!!!!!!!!!! UP! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

24. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Almost a day had passed since the funeral of Shmi Skywalker and there still had been no word from Ben Kenobi.

Beru had watched over the little boy that Owen had brought into their home with great concern and a broken heart. Anakin had reminded her so much of Shmi. He felt everything so more intensely than anyone else. She couldn't bare the thought of what Shmi's death was truly doing to him.

Her own mother had died when she was only six years old, but Beru had had a house full of family to take care of her in her mother's place. Anakin only had a distant brother that was dedicated to the Jedi Order more than anything else, and he would expect those things from Anakin as well.

Anakin would lose the warmth and love that family gave. The Jedi would mold him into something that Beru was certain the child was meant not to be.

A loveless, broken man, dedicated to serve, but without the heart he had now. His heart was broken with Shmi gone and Beru wasn't certain if it was the Jedi that could heal it.

You needed love to heal a broken heart, a broken soul. Not strict rules and hard manner.

Beru feared for what Anakin could become if he went away with Ben, greatly so.

But, it was not up to her. Owen was dead set on letting Anakin go away with Ben. It was what Shmi had wanted. He said. It was something they had to respect.

"Anakin, Ben should be here within the hour," Beru told the boy softly, as he entered the kitchen while she busied herself with dishes at the sink. "You should get the things you wish to take with you. You'll have a long journey ahead of you."

Anakin frowned deeply at her. His eyes were tired looking from crying hard. He did not wish to go with his brother.

"I never unpacked my things from the house. I've been ready nearly two days."

Beru looked at him hard. She looked lost at what to say next to him. Anakin couldn't blame her though. He hadn't been exactly the most friendly person to deal with.

"Does he know?" Anakin asked suddenly.

Beru's hands started to shake.

"We don't know, Ani," Beru admitted with great sadness in her voice.

"I don't think that he does." Anakin said. "Otherwise, he'd have come," Anakin declared with a youthful innocence in his tone.

"Perhaps, Ani." Beru agreed.

Anakin knodded to her before setting off to the bedroom that the Lars' had allowed him to stay in.

He had to get his things gathered. After all, Ben would be here soon.

25. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Anakin placed his things in bags by the backdoor of the Lars Homestead with help of Beru, who had insisted after seeing how deeply troubled he seemed still about leaving Tatooine. He could not see the way ahead enough to know it was the right thing to do. There was too much emotion in the way of seeing anything.

Also, Ben still hadn't arrived yet.

"Beru, I'm going to go outside for a walk," Anakin declared unhappily, putting the last bag by the door with a thump. "I need some air."

"Don't leave the yard, Anakin." Beru warned softly.

"I won't, Beru." Anakin replied. "I promise."

The air was thick and hot outside. Not much of a change from inside the Homestead. The wind was picking up from the hill tops letting you know there would be a storm soon.

Anakin didn't care. He secretly hoped the wind would make him disappear.

It began picking up within only a few minutes. Sand was getting in his hair and face. Anakin knew he should head back toward the House. Beru would be soon worried and go searching for him.

More and more, Anakin found himself walking toward the back yards through the thick of the wicked wind. Toward the Homestead that was just a hill top away from the Lars home.

Toward his home.

The winds were too high and too strong,; by the time Anakin made his way across the sandy plains, his eyes were nearly blinded completely by thick sand.

Sense of home was the only thing making Anakin move in the right direction.

Ani the wind seemed to howl in his ear. Ani, dinner is nearly ready. Come inside the house.

Coming Mom. Anakin whispered back in his mind. I'm here. I'm home.

The single Grave was visible now by the house. He was almost there. The image made him freeze slightly in his tracks before forcing himself forward.

A strong blast of sand in the face nearly made Anakin fall over. It was an abrupt and stinging feeling. Worse than ever. It actually made him cry out.

As he wiped away the hot, stinging sand from his eyes, Anakin was once again taken aback by the image of the Grave. It no longer stood alone now.

It made Anakin rush forward. Fear made his steps quicken into the fierce storm.

It was then he heard something. It wasn't his mother's voice in his head.

"Momma, I'm home," It cried in deep, sullen grief. "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry," It sobbed into the wild, untamed wind.

It was Ben's voice.

His brother was home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.