main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reason #67389 why I love being a Star Wars Fan!

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by GENERAL_FEL, Sep 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    Anyone remember our early talks about what kind of backdrop to build for the Trek Expo? This guy took it to the extreme, and I WANT ONE!

And while I realize this next isn't totally Star Wars related, I can easily envision duplicating this project as an AT-ST....in my own back yard. Take a look at the pictures .

I plan on building this after I buy a house, win the lottery, build a Star Wars room like the one Gary worked on with, then build a home theatre , and connect the two rooms with a raised Death Star Detention block hallway as seen in ANH, complete with working security cameras for wookies and pirates to shoot at!

Yeah, yeah?.as soon as I win the lottery, then it?s all mine, baby!

2. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    When this happens Jake i'm moving in with you, sorry Dena. :p

3. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    Actually, Mike, Dena and I have a prior "arrangement"...one of those "he who has the most toys, wins" kind of things. You understand, right? ;)

Just kidding! [face_laugh]

4. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Well i've tried. Gary's 3PO is is very hard to get. He has a laser defense grid with fully automated guns with motion sensor detection (ala Aliens) As well as an intricate maze known as "the crib" that you have to get by.

Not to mention his army of Replica "Action Figures" as well as a number of 1/10 scale speeders and other assorted floating things.

you will rue the day you cross me!! Go on! Start Rueing!

5. Sentinel_Vash

Sentinel_Vash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    ok being the Battletech fan I am. I want a mech in my back yard now.

6. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Look at it again.. it's a tree house.

7. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    These guys must have hella patient wives. Those are absolutely incredible. I'd love to have a throne room and sit in my chair staring at the reckless suburbanites that surround me while I plan out all their destinies... MwaHaHaHa!

8. gw2tulsa

gw2tulsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    *sniff... sniff...

I loved that room. Philip put waay too much stuff in it that obscured the original design intent. I always saw the design as quality NOT quantity...

Shame its all been dismantled now...

My SW Room - when done - will be in the style of the naboo hanger with shelving and stuff for my various toys/replicas and a nice ass flat screen on one wall hidden behind some artwork :) Till then, its just dreams...

-Gary

9. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Billy and I had some friends in Tahlequah and they had a Star Wars room. The vehicles were hanging from the ceiling, the figures still in package hanging on the wall. Had a few shelves to house their bigger things. We always liked going over there and just 'oohh' and 'aahh' at the room.

It was funny cause as most of you know we open our toys, the first time they saw us do that I swear their hearts stopped beating.

Anyway..just wanted to share

10. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    Welcome to Figure Club!

Tonight, you have to play.

11. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Hey Gary, is that one of your Battle Droids?

12. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    Have you ever noticed when you look at my icon that it looks like me? I just liked the Interceptors flying in the background. For some reason, though, all of a sudden I looked at it and saw an itty bitty picture of me.

Man, I'm freakin' out!

Let's open it up...who thinks who looks like thier icon? I will start a new thread for this one.

13. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    D'oh! You moved to a new thread on me while I responded. We ride this board too much, obviously.

14. talltrees

talltrees Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2002
    Damn! I hate being poor. Jake if you hit the lotto, I am moving into. :) Brent-why can't the wives be fans THEMSELVES? Some women out there would actually like this stuff.

Ice Queen

15. Maumi

Maumi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2002
    Yes, Brent same wives do like this kind of stuff!!! I can name three of them!!! Oh and Jake you can have Mike2, it wouldn't hurt my feelings, but let me warn you now, he's a bit gasy!!!

16. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    It's possible, but I don't think those who post on this board are a very representative sampling of the entire wife population. No offense, you are all just stellar ladies. Any man would be proud to call any of you "wife".

17. talltrees

Mar 14, 2002
    ***Looks at the other women in our group*** Okay, do you think he is serious? Who cares! He gets a great big hug and kiss for that!! What a sweetie!! [face_love]

Ice Queen

EDIT:don't worry Brent, I'm not serious! LOL!

18. QueenOverVader

QueenOverVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    Brent, you charmer you!!!

See men, if you followed his example there might be more women out here posting!

Where there's flattery there's women :D

19. talltrees

Mar 14, 2002
    LOL! Amen to that sister! :D

Ice Queen

20. Sentinel_Vash

Jun 25, 2002
    what are you chicks talking about I have never said anything bad about the wifes of and fan force member. :p They are all very cool and good tempered and lets not forget open minded. All of the ladies on this board are down right fun well maybe not Lisa but she isss ok I guess. :p :p :p love ya big SIS

that should stoke her fire hehehehe :D

21. talltrees

Mar 14, 2002
    [face_plain] Otto-I'm not even going to dignify that comment with a reply.

Ice Queen

22. Sentinel_Vash

Jun 25, 2002
    Just the response I was looking for. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.