main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reasons why The Phantom Menace is better than Attack of the Clones...

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by WookieDroppings, Mar 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CALRISSIAN-L

CALRISSIAN-L Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2005
    TPM is better than AOC because:
    - it was the first movie of the new triology and its coming-soon-period was one of the best memory I have about Star Wars!
    - The Pod race is gripping!
    - you realize how huge is the galaxy far far away and how many different cultures are in it(more than in the Old Tr.)
    - yes, there is Jar Jar...but ther's also Maul!!!
    - Anakin/Jack isn't the top... but there you have Qui Gon Jinn that makes you forget about the little boy!
    - Has AOC a cool battle involving a double lightSaber?
    - the soundtrack is superb!
    - Ok with love, but since it was filled with ironic moments as between Leia and Han in the Old Tr. it was ok,...but dowson's-creek-moments of AOC between Anakin'n'Padme..........

Now, AOC is a good movie because, of coure, it's a Star Wars movie,and the story needs that movie to go on, but beetween the 2 I prefere a little morePM!

2. Master_Jedi_Singh

Master_Jedi_Singh Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 13, 2005
    ATOC is the worst star wars film but everything is mostly donw right it just doesn't have that thing that the rest do. That's the only thing. The rest are based on your peference

3. mynameismyown

mynameismyown Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    i think they both suck frankly. rots is the only one that feels like a real movie

4. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Say what you will about the faluts of AOTC or the merits of TPM, but I only have one comment on this. I remember before (or just around) AOTC's premiere, TPM aired on television. I happily sat down to watch it, and relive the experience. About an hour in, however, I had a profound, definite feeling that I was not enjoying the film. I had to get up and do something else. That's a rather rare occurence for me, as I can even enjoy watching watching movies that aren't any good, if I can find something in it to entertain me or hold my interest. I just couldn't with TPM, and it's the only Star Wars film I feel that way about.

5. battlewars

battlewars Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    thats how i felt about it when i first saw it, seeing young anakin in jedi robes only made me wish we had started here with the prequels

6. LukeCloudjogger

LukeCloudjogger Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    Why don't we all stop arguing over which is the better film, go into denial, and (with a big smile on your face) sing the "All the Star Wars films are equally good" song.

7. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    You know what, I think we have enough of these "which film is better" threads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.