main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Reassurances (Leia & Mara)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by lukemaraben, Jan 20, 2013.

1. lukemaraben

lukemaraben Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    Title: Reassurances
    Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars nor do I make money off it.
    Time frame: before NJO

Reassurances

“Can I ask you a question?” Mara Jade Skywalker asked.

Leia turned, from her reclined position on the sofa, to regard Mara who was reclining opposite her in the recliner.

It was mid-afternoon and the two women were spending a well-deserved day alone, having some private girl time at Luke and Mara’s apartment on Coruscant. While Han and Luke took the Solo kids to lunch and the zoo for the day, Leia and Mara had opted for a quite day to relax. So far they had given each other manicures, facials, and done each other’s hair. Now, after putting in a holo and eating a lite lunch, Leia and Mara were enjoying being lazy and each other’s company.

“Ask away.” Leia replied wondering what her sister-in-law was about to ask, that Mara would prelude with, “Can I ask you a question?”

“What did you really think when Luke told you and Han that we were engaged?” Mara asked.

“What?” Leia asked sitting up to better face Mara.

“You heard me.” Mara said, emerald eyes staring intently at Leia.

“I was ecstatic for you guys. What big sister wouldn’t have been?”

Mara sighed. “You have no idea who’s older.” Mara pointed out getting up from her reclined position on the recliner. “And you’re telling me it never once crossed your mind, that your brother might be nuts for picking a former Imperial agent who wanted to kill him.”

Leia fidgeted. “I was a bit shocked at how fast the relationship seemed to have evolved,” she admitted pretending to be very interested in her newly manicured nails.

“That was all.” Mara pressed.

“Why’s it so important?”

“Because I know you, and how protective you are about Luke.” Mara paused. “My past didn’t bother you at all? Not once?”

This time Leia sighed. “It did, but I figured that if you harbored any ill feelings towards my brother. Luke or I would be the first to know.” Leia smiled. “Don’t be fooled. I was completely overjoyed. My brother was happy and I was happy for him, and if it took a fiery former assassin to do it… well, more power to you,” Leia said leaning forward and taking Mara’s hand in a reassuring squeeze.

“Thanks.” Mara said. “You wanna drink?” she asked, getting up and heading into the kitchen to find the bottle of Whyren’s Reserve she’d stashed. “I know this fun drinking game; every time Borsk Fey’lya is condescending to a journalist you take a shot.”

“Isn’t he always?” Leia said.

Mara returned to the living room with a bottle of Whyren’s and two glasses. Setting the bottle and the glasses on the coffee table she switched to the news and gave her sister-in-law an evil smile, “Why do you think it’s so much fun?”

Leia chuckled as Mara poured two glasses then handed one to Leia.

“Mara, I’m proud to call you family.”

2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Great little fic. It's nice to see Leia and Mara having a little downtime and being honest with each other.

lukemaraben likes this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Yum! I love love these kind of moments. Thank you so much! for sharing one withus. =D= :) Both ladies were in character, and I was stoked to see them gal-palling and relaxing. They both deserve it. @};- [:D]

lukemaraben likes this.
  4. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Nice to see some girl time between Leia and Mara. :)

lukemaraben likes this.
  5. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Very nice.

lukemaraben likes this.
  6. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I can imagine this moment between Leia and Mara. Well done!

lukemaraben likes this.
  7. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    Great line!:p
    Enjoyed this sister-in-law bonding.
    Good writing.

lukemaraben and Jade_eyes like this.
  8. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I always enjoy stories where Leia and Mara bond. And I like that Leia was happy for her brother. She trusts his judgement.

lukemaraben likes this.