main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rebel Alliance and the direction Rebels may take

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by jamminjedi23, Dec 17, 2016.

1. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Though are glimpses of the Alliance was very brief in Rogue One it did give us a decent idea in the direction Rebels may take in the following year when the different Rebel groups really begin to form together.

Rogue One showed us an Alliance that was still very much on shaky ground even up to the point of the Battle of Yavin. There still seemed to be a lot of bickering (likely because many of these people still saw themselves as representing their own individual cells instead of the Alliance as a whole) and even Mon Mothma and Bail Organa didn't have all that much control over the Alliance at that time and were reserved to having to go along with what many of the others felt like doing.

In the final year of Rebels (I am assuming season 4 will be the last as they will likely want to swiftly start up a post Jedi series in a couple years) it will be interesting to watch a lot of this infighting amongst the Rebel leaders.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean I doubt we will see many other cell leaders since all the groups we've run into so far have been apart of Bail's cell or at least joined it.

3. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Bail isn't the leader of a single cell, he's a benefactor of rebellion in general. He lets the cells work themselves, giving a helping hand every now and then.
    As far as other cells, Dodanna is out there somewhere, probably with Gold Squadron (Y-Wings). Same with Saw and the Partisans. Perhaps Ackbar is running something of his own. Sato's cell is Phoenix Squadron, which Hera's cell the Specters joined.

Sandtrooper956 likes this.
  4. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I really don't see why Rebels has to end at the time of ANH....they are still a rebellion up thru ROTJ. They can tell stories that are happening in other parts of the galaxy.

5. Unit51

Unit51 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    Rebels can be used to fill in many gaps. Like the evacuation of Yavin and building Echo base. We just assume that the show will end because of Ezra and Kannan being Jedi and Yoda tells us in ROTJ that Luke is the last Jedi. The EU completely ignored that for years so why would that stop now?

TetsuAero likes this.
  6. Twain

Twain Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2014
    I've really enjoyed Rebels. The series has enriched the franchise, and I prefer Rebels to TCW.

But I don't think it should extend beyond the Battle of Yavin. No way. The story of this crew together should continue --at most --to Season 5. But probably Season 4 would be better. That doesn't mean every one of them necessarily has to die, but their collective journey together should apex no later than Yavin.

I don't want to see LFL dragging out Rebels with filler. Keep this series tight and relevant and let it serve its purpose. Then move on to the next series. It's a big galaxy.