main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rebel Alliance

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Fire_Ice_Death, Jul 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi-wan_joshobi

obi-wan_joshobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 30, 2001
    yah 1000th post

2. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Doh! Missed the 1,000 post! Hehehe ;) (I was playing Galactic Battlegrounds, I've been working on one random map for 5 hours off an on, and I finally defeated the Gunguns, one last Imperial player is left)

3. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    hey, everyone needs to visit the Saraquest site...Mitth is drawing up a new map, which is more fair to us. Also, we need you all to start posting, so we can effectively fight this war. As far as I know, only about 5 of us post regularly

4. Mace_Windo

Mace_Windo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    I will be your capian, WildWookiee.

5. Warlord_Ken

Warlord_Ken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    What kind of units can we use? It seems to me that we can only use OT units (which is kinda ironic since this is the EU Community), and what did the Rebels have in the way of ground forces in the OT. Even in the EU few authors seemed to give a damn about ground battles. I had made up some designs that I planned to employ, but I guess that's out the window...

6. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    We have the outer rim and some mid-rim worlds. w00t w00t!

7. Wildwookiee

Apr 14, 2001
    Here's where the RP is, everyone go register, and begin playing RP

oh, and an updated list of my ships
    3rd Fleet- Vice Admiral Wildwookiee
    High General Warlord_Ken
    Captain Mace_Windo

MC-80= New Tide
    6 MC-90
    Reprocussor
    Dark Sea
    Ocean's Foam
    Deadly Surf
    Crashing Wave
    Crimson Rain

3 Dreadnaughts
    Ne' Tanya
    Dangerous Perl
    Wirt's Talon

2 Squadrons X-Wings-Red Squadron
    2 Squadrons B-Wings-Gold Squadron
    1 Squadrons A-Wings-Blue Squadron

Full Ground Assault Force

8. obi-wan_joshobi

Jul 30, 2001
    I thought we didn't have MC-90's oh well. Can somebody post a list of ships that we can use?

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    The Empire is engaging Martial law. Check the WC for details.

Now remember... on this map, the Rebellion doesn't OWN the rim. The Empire does. You just have freedom to use them.

Because: They are in the Imperial Database as Imperial Planets. Yay. They (most of them) have only token forces. too bad.

Which means, you can use many of them. Use be very careful, the Empire is powerful. Remember the OT, any thing the Rebels did was triple-checked, or the Empire would smash them. Like are are doing to Mon Cal.

10. Warlord_Ken

Dec 2, 2000
    Ah, Vice Admiral Wildwookiee, we're the 2nd Fleet, not the 3rd. The 3rd Fleet is under the command of Admiral Aragorn327.

Also, why do we tolerate the posts of Imperials here?

11. padmeamidala55

padmeamidala55 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2001
    Which fleet is rouge squardon with?

12. Mace_Windo

Mace_Windo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    Where should I post?

13. Warlord_Ken

Dec 2, 2000
    Can someone PLEASE post a list of which worlds/systems we control, or a map or something? That would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

14. Wildwookiee

Apr 14, 2001
    at the saraquest site...everything you needed to know from maps to storylines...see my previous post

15. obi-wan_joshobi

Jul 30, 2001
    Also, why do we tolerate the posts of Imperials here?
    They are
    A: posting something important to the RP.
    B: Just want to chat.
    C: dissing the RA*.
    A and B usually include C
    We are permitted to do the same in their thread.

16. Wildwookiee

Apr 14, 2001
    yes, but we are better than that

17. Warlord_Ken

Dec 2, 2000
    Okay, I've read up to page 15 then hopped to 36...and that has led to more confusion, what with Admiral Zaarin and all these accusations of spying and what not. And wasn't Protege-of-Thrawn going to defect on our side? What happened?

And seriously I'd really hate to complain but this place needs some more organization, as well as discipline. In the War of the Galaxies it's just me, Vice Admiral Wildwookiee and occasionally bterrik (sorry I forgot your rank) doing all the fighting. Where the hell are our other fleets? If someone could tell me which threads I should go to that'd be great.

Also what's up with posting all our plans on the "War Council"? Is that another dumb rule? Seems kind of silly to me, announcing what we're going to do to the whole world...

Finally, this may seem kind of trivial but Governing Council, what are our established political ideas, platforms, and protocol?

Ok answers are appreciated. And GET INVOLVED PEOPLE!!!

18. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    rl is taking its toll, right now I can only get a handfull of posts in, but friday nights look good for posting right now...

EDIT: I've got the 3rd fleet, wildwookie's got the 2nd, just making that clear ;)

19. Wildwookiee

Apr 14, 2001
    2,3 they're so close together...cant a guy make one lousy mistake? ;)

20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    The War Council is intended for planning purposes, otherwise we'd have chaos to deal with. Using WC info to prevent an attack in the RP is godmoding because the characters aren't supposed to know of it.

21. Warlord_Ken

Dec 2, 2000
    But what if they have suddenly have insight to do so? Or they're trying to guess where the Rebels will strike next?

22. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    then its considered godmoding and there'll be a big argument, ;)

23. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Not really.

It is logical for a Force user or force potential (untapped talent) to have insight. Though in the case of the Force, people can carry on a bit to far with it. Those people have to be watched for God Moding the most. In Online Rp, from my XP, Force users have been restricted in the use of their powers. Like how many times they can use an ability in one day or for how long.

In the case of a person who doesn't have force potential and has insight. Usually these conclusions are drawn from evidence that leads to these insights. (Eureka!) Which brings me to the next paragraph.

It is logical for a very intelligent person to give an educated guess as to a person's next move. (I.E Thrawn) Not every person is intelligent or bright enough to come up with such conclusions. This ability to guess a person's next action must be provided with substantual evidence to draw your conclusions from. You cant just say out of the blue "Admiral Billy will hit Endor next" and you just can't say that your character is intelligent unless your profile says so. So if your character is classified as the dumbest person in the galaxy and you claim to have made an intelligent guess, then thats God Moding.

24. Wildwookiee

Apr 14, 2001
    So if your character is classified as the dumbest person in the galaxy and you claim to have made an intelligent guess, then thats God Moding.
    lol lol lol !!! :D

25. Warlord_Ken

Dec 2, 2000
    But what if someone claims to be that clairvoyant?

Oh, and here's a general message for all members of the Rebel Alliance:

GET YOUR LAZY BUTTS ONTO THE RP FORUM!

Seriously, I bet half of you never even heard of it and just joined for fun. I originally joined for fun too, before I learned about the RP, but I pledged myself to the Alliance cause! I know you all have lives of your own but geezus 10 minutes a week to talk to each other about plans shouldn't be too bad.

I apologize if I'm giving you less credit than you deserve. But honestly on War of the Galaxies I've seen bterrik, WildWookiee, myself-and that's it. Granted there's only a few players on the Imperial and YV sides too but at least write a little. There are esp. a lot of pilots sitting around. Contribute your plans, your ideas, your anything!

26. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    First let me define clairvoyant for myself......*grin sheepishly, then yells at the browser to load faster*

Okay...

Thats where the Profile comes in and a set of rules. You have to create a character and give that character characteristics such as level of intelligence and level of force ability. In the case of Force users, not all Padawans can have insights because they are just learning the force. As they gain experiance and time goes by or they become a knight then it may become more frequent or not.

Now how do you prevent them from claiming that they are strong in Insight? The Rules. Some groups have come up with a system that prevents them from using an ability too many times. Suppose one group states that a Jedi/Sith can only use Insight once per so many days and that it drains your Force Mana only so much.

In the case of Force Potentials the period between usage of Insight grows longer. Where it is only a few days wait, it may be weeks or months for a Potential to use Insight again.

In the case of Non-Force users, logical & critical thinking such as deducing from the available facts must be used.

Now some groups have also come up with an RP Time system to prevent people from posting. "Two weeks later.....One year later..." and so forth. For example: In fast paced RPs where the players are active at the same time and are posting frequently....Ever hour in the Real World is an Hour in the RP........In slow paced RPs where the players come on at their own leisure.....a Day (or 3-6 hours) in the Real World is an Hour in the RP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.