main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Rebel base after Hoth?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by CoolyFett, Dec 14, 2014.

1. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Can anyone tell me what was the name of the main ship or location the Rebels were headquartered after they left Hoth, near the end of ESB Leia and Luke went to a big ship, was that the new base and if so what is that ship called? Is this the same place the Rebels were based after rescuing Han?? It seemed like a really big ship. Especially the hanger area where Han and Lando had their chat about the Falcon. In both films are Rebels in the same ship or is it two different crafts?

2. Pax Sithus

Pax Sithus Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 6, 2014
    According to Wikipedia the ship at the end of Empire was a medical frigate(EF6-Nebulon-B class) named The Redemption.The lead ship in Jedi was Home One aka Headquarters Frigate wish is MC80 Starcruiser class. Both are huge ships.
    Good question. I learned something about Star Wars today. Always a good thing.

3. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    So the rebels only had outer space bases after Hoth, thanks. It seems after Hoth the official base was the ever changing Rebel Rendezvous Point.

4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The movies don't actually say what the Rebels did between TESB and ROTJ.

5. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    There is about a year that elapses between ESB and ROTJ. Because they were space bound at the end of ESB, when ROTJ came around and they were a part of the fleet, and Vader says the rebel fleet has massed near Suulust, I figured the fleet was their HQ.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  6. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    RoTJ novelization said 6 Tatooine months.

7. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Well being that we dont see Mon Motha til ROTJ, it seems the official base of operations was this Home One ship mentioned earlier. Im curious if Mon Motha always stayed on Curoscant or if she was ever present on Dantoonie, Yavin 4 and Hoth. I guess the EU fans would know more about that though.

8. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    In EU written post-ROTJ, Mon Mothma is with the Rebels from the beginning. There's novels set after ANH but before the Rebels have evacuated Yavin, with her in.

9. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    According to Wookieepedia, the Rebels had another base after Hoth. Also, I wouldn't count the Rebel fleet or "outer space" as a base, since Home One is only about the size of a Star Destroyer and even big ships like that have to constantly resupply and require some sort of fixed facility for maintenance and repair.

Mon Mothma is pretty much the most wanted person by the Empire after Luke Skywalker, and Coruscant is the center of the Empire...so that's the last place she'll be. It's possible she was at Dantooine, Yavin 4, or Hoth at some point or another...I don't think there's any source that depicts her going to those locations though, so I guess you can just assume she stays on the move so as to prevent the Imperials from tracking her down.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and Iron_lord like this.
  10. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Home One

Pax Sithus likes this.
  11. NightWatcher91

NightWatcher91 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 7, 2014
    I would go with the Fleet being their headquarters after Hoth. I'm sure they may have set up shop for a little while before Endor.

12. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Female rebel commander: "WEDGE THIS IS THE FRIGATE REDEMPTION, WE ARE UNDER ATTACK! !!!!"
    Wedge: "We gotta keep those ties away from the frigate at all costs!"

Ahh the good old days of rogue squadron 2 on gamegube. :)

13. Andy Wylde

Andy Wylde Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2014
    Well Mon Mothma was a senator, until the senate was disbanded in episode 4. She may have stayed on Coruscant even after that if the imperials had never established a connection between her and the alliance. But it is always safe to assume that any military force has multiple bases or stations. Even all operating at the same time. There needs to be multiple bases. Because the rebels can't lose one base and then go scouring the galaxy to look for another one. If they have multiple bases that helps the situation in the event of losing one.

Iron_lord likes this.
  14. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Not even being a senator would shield you from the Empire's wrath, and especially not if they think you're guilty of spreading sedition...which Mon Mothma was. In any case, Wookieepedia says she kept up her duties as senator until 3 BBY, at which point the Empire tried to arrest her, she escaped, and then began running the Rebellion full-time.

KOBBRA and CoolyFett like this.
  15. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    What about Sullest didnt the Rebel Alliance have a heavy presence there after Hoth?? Because we never actually see Sullest in the films, we only see them and the fleet in space.

16. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    I'm pretty sure Sullust was just a temporary stop-over point for the fleet and not a long-term base of any kind. The Sullustans have been part of the galactic community for a long time, and everyone knows where their homeworld is...so if the Rebel fleet is spotted hanging around for prolonged periods you can bet the Empire will come knocking very soon.