main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

rebel blockade runner for die cast SD?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by k3po, Apr 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Was this a die cast piece or was it plastic? I just got one off e-bay and i thought it was plastic.

This is what i bid on, is this the right piece?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3125229805&category=2475

2. Darth Jamus

Darth Jamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Each entry in the die cast line from the 1970's had several plastic accessories, both removeable and/or permanantly attatched. The small white Rebel Blockade Runner was a simple white plastic piece that came with the die-cast Star Destroyer. I had one back when I was a kid and just recently sold mine on Ebay a few months ago (complete with the rebel ship). What exactly did you receive? Was the piece plastic or metal, seeing that the auction did not mention either way? The correct piece is plastic and has a tab on top that inserts into the slot inside the cargo bay of the Star Detroyer! If it is metal, I have no idea where it came from. I have never heard of one of these coming with a metal Rebel ship!

3. Silac5

Silac5 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2001
    To echo what Darth Jamus said, I have one and the blockade runner is just as he described.

4. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    havent got it yet, but the seller mentions a diecast rebel blockage runner. i just want to see if anyone can confirm in the picture if the ship is plastic. I know mine as a kid was plastic too. thx

5. Darth Jamus

Jun 1, 2000
    I think that he is just emphasizing the fact that it is for the Die Cast Star Destroyer, though his wording can be a bit misleading. I am certain that you will receive the plastic one!

6. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    I just got the white blockade runner today in the mail, guess what its metal and has the white little fin to attach to the SD. I thought it was plastic also, but its metal. what a nice surprise. Just thought i would share

7. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    If it's die-cast metal, then it's NOT the real deal, it's a phony. A knock-off. A reproduction.
    How do I know, you ask?
    Simple:
    I was given the die-cast Star Destroyer as a child, a toy I still have to this day, displayed proudly with other SW ships. And I still have my blockade runner secure in the hangar. It helps greatly if you keep the sliding "blast door" closed over the hangar bay! ;)
    Anyway, as an owner of the original toy, I can tell you that the original, REAL mini blockade runner is made from white PLASTIC, not metal.
    So, while cool, what you have there IS a fake. [face_plain]

8. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Yep, I concure. It's a solid little piece of white cast plastic. I too bought mine way back when and I'm proud to say it's still complete.

I'd be having some "words" with that seller.

:cool:

9. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Ok, I just called my uncle last night who still has his in the box, but not sealed. He had to do some digging in the attic last night, but his RBR is also metal. I never thought of asking him since I'm always here. But could there be two versions, metal and plastic? maybe the earlier release had the metal and the later released ones got cheaper to manufacture. Hes going to send me a picture of his so i can compare. I know his was an original becasue i remember him getting it a a sears store. Who knows. Can you guys link a picture of yours? i'm really curious now. thanks for all your help by the way.

10. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    My two cents...if you're happy with the metal one, it doesn't really matter.

11. Darth Jamus

Jun 1, 2000
    Well, I had one bought from the stores the day it was released and it was plastic. I have never heard of a metal one, nor does any price guide list a metal one as a more rare/hard to find accessory or anything. Perhaps you got your hands on a prototype from Kenner that wasn't actually released to stores! You should contact Steve Sansweet in the Star Wars Insider about this immediately!

Please send your questions and comments about collectibles to: SCOUTING THE GALAXY, P.O. BOX 2898, PETALUMA, CA 94953-2898. Or you may email them to scouting@paizo.com, making sure to also put SCOUTING in the subject line and your hometown in the email along with your full name. Letters won't be answered without both. Individual replies aren't possible because of time constraints, but we'll answer the questions of broadest interest in the column. Letters are edited for grammar, sense, and length.

12. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Hey thanks for the info, I think I might do that, I am really curious now. I'm sure you are all right though, I also swore these were all plastic. It just has thrown me a loop due to it looking authentic. If it is fake, first it is cool, but who ever did it did a very good job.

13. Darth Jamus

Jun 1, 2000
    Even if it is fake, $5 is not too much to pay, so you didn't get ripped off or anything. It is still cool, I am just VERY curious as to the origin of it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.