main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Rebel Choice (Pooja Naberrie, ANH, Dissolving the Senate) COMPLETE!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AngelQueen, Aug 4, 2005.

1. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    kateydidnt: ?You of all people should know, Pooja,? she retorted with growing heat. ?After all, it was your Aunt who sought out the Senate?s assistance in bringing the Neimoidians to justice for their unlawful invasion. Instead, they preferred to foolishly discuss it in a committee! The Rebel Alliance seeks to bring such horrors back upon us!?

Sometime I want to see a story where there is a revelation to all the people harping on the corruption of the Old Republic that, though there was a great deal of corruption the worst of it -aka arranging to keep the senate bogged down and giving the Nemoidians the push for their illegal invasion- was Palpatine's manipulations. I want the galaxy to know that Palpatine and Darth Sidious were one and the same and that the Sepratist movement that symbolized a 'failure to listen' was only a game where he was playing with both sides.

:) That is a good point. Palpatine was behind much of the troubles that plagued the last few decades of the Old Republic. But one thing, however: Kylantha doesn't know that. Only a select few knew that Palpatine was a Sith. Obi-Wan and Yoda knew, of course, and that was probably revealed to Bail Organa as well. A few others probably knew as well, such as Palpatine's closest assistants and such, but it certainly was not widely circulated until after his death at the hands of Anakin Skywalker.

As far as anyone else knows at this point in time, the Old Republic had become a corrupt regime and was replaced by the Empire in the hopes - at least, in the hopes of the many who did not know they were being manipulated by a Sith Lord - that this would be a better system than the one that had been failing for so long. That is the reasons behind Kylantha's mini-rant.

Comments? The Epilogue will be here on Thursday!

I refuse to acknowledge that I read that.

There is no way you can complete this story with just one more post....unless you are planning a sequel.

*smiles slightly* The story has pretty much covered everything I wanted to touch on. There are a few things that will pop up or be cleared up in the Epilogue, but this is pretty much it. I may do a "midequal" (that will become clear once the Epilogue is actually posted), but what is coming up I want to leave as it is.

Okay, that probably makes little to no sense. Long story short: things will be somewhat cleared up in the Epilogue. That will do. ;)

AQ

2. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Only a select few knew that Palpatine was a Sith. Obi-Wan and Yoda knew, of course, and that was probably revealed to Bail Organa as well. A few others probably knew as well, such as Palpatine's closest assistants and such

Too true, too true. Although it makes me wonder what most of the galaxy thought of the relationship between Vader and Palpatine--surely they wondered how a mere politician could control a Sith Lord. However it is obvious from episode 4 ("Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's words Lord Vader, your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you conjur up the stolen data plans, nor given you clearvoyance enough, to find the rebels secret fortreh.") that even in the upper ranks it was not known that Palpatine was a Sith.

3. JediMasterRev

JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2004
    ?Hugh,? Madlyn said as she stood up. She walked over to him and rested a small hand on his grey-clad shoulder. ?I think you need to let it go. He is not worth such an honorable man defending his actions.?

This was well put. Despite Panaka's idiosyncrinces (sp?), he truly was a good man who tried to do the right thing. His reaction to Palpatine's secret construction of the Death Star finally showed the Emperor's true intentions for the galaxy.

?I am proposing that we distance ourselves from all sides in this growing conflict. The people will want nothing to do with someone who permitted not only the murders of our friends, but also some of our own children and families as well.? The Queen?s eyes darkened as she spoke. ?But I do not wish to involve our world in a movement to restore the system of government that failed the Naboo when we needed justice the most.?

The Queen is quite smart, as well as cunning. She knows well that open resistance would be quite lethal even though they are the people of the Emperor's homeworld. I wonder if Padme, had she been Queen at this time, would have been able to adopt the same strategy?

This was a great chapter, AQ. I liked the realism of their reactions, as well as their decisions on how to proceed. I, along with everyone else, anxiously await your extensive epilogue. Great job!

4. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    kateydidnt: Only a select few knew that Palpatine was a Sith. Obi-Wan and Yoda knew, of course, and that was probably revealed to Bail Organa as well. A few others probably knew as well, such as Palpatine's closest assistants and such

Too true, too true. Although it makes me wonder what most of the galaxy thought of the relationship between Vader and Palpatine--surely they wondered how a mere politician could control a Sith Lord. However it is obvious from episode 4 ("Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's words Lord Vader, your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you conjur up the stolen data plans, nor given you clearvoyance enough, to find the rebels secret fortreh.") that even in the upper ranks it was not known that Palpatine was a Sith.

Exactly. The guy was stupid enough to pick a fight with Vader, but I doubt even he would have said such a thing to the Emperor had he known that the man was a Sith as well.

But then again, he insulted Vader to his face. He can't be THAT smart, can he? ;) :D

Rev: ?Hugh,? Madlyn said as she stood up. She walked over to him and rested a small hand on his grey-clad shoulder. ?I think you need to let it go. He is not worth such an honorable man defending his actions.?

This was well put. Despite Panaka's idiosyncrinces (sp?), he truly was a good man who tried to do the right thing. His reaction to Palpatine's secret construction of the Death Star finally showed the Emperor's true intentions for the galaxy.

Indeed. I rather think he was serious denial. He was hoping and praying that Palpatine would exercise some control over Tarkin to keep him from exercising his itchy trigger finger. But now he knows that he has served a lie for the past two decades. It's enough to make almost any man break.

But he held. Good man. *salutes Panaka*

?I am proposing that we distance ourselves from all sides in this growing conflict. The people will want nothing to do with someone who permitted not only the murders of our friends, but also some of our own children and families as well.? The Queen?s eyes darkened as she spoke. ?But I do not wish to involve our world in a movement to restore the system of government that failed the Naboo when we needed justice the most.?

The Queen is quite smart, as well as cunning. She knows well that open resistance would be quite lethal even though they are the people of the Emperor's homeworld.

Indeed, Kylantha is no fool. She's watched Alderaan be an outspoken opponent against the dictatorship-like qualities of the Empire for years, and now they've been blown to dust. She won't follow that example, as it would probably just mean Naboo getting whacked as well.

I wonder if Padme, had she been Queen at this time, would have been able to adopt the same strategy?

Hm... [face_thinking] A very good question. Padmé always wanted to protect Naboo, but could she have stood for tolerating a dictator on Imperial Center? A part of me says no, she would not have stood for it any more than she would have stood for an Army of the Republic before the Clone Wars. Just as Panaka says, she did have bouts of irresponsibility when it came to her own safety. If it had come down to this and she was still Queen... I'd certainly hope she would do whatever was necessary to protect her world, but I wouldn't put it past her to abdicate the throne and run off to join the Alliance.

This was a great chapter, AQ. I liked the realism of their reactions, as well as their decisions on how to proceed. I, along with everyone else, anxiously await your extensive epilogue. Great job!

*giggles* Extensive epilogue... got that right. ;) Thank you, Rev!! :D

AQ

5. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Loved this chapter -- as Rev already said, the realism of their actions was excellent! :D

Epilogue? Noooo! It can't be over yet! :p

6. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Idrelle: Loved this chapter -- as Rev already said, the realism of their actions was excellent!

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it! :)

Epilogue? Noooo! It can't be over yet!

Yes, I'm afraid so. All good things come to an end, after all. :) *hugs*

AQ

7. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
  8. Obischick

Obischick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    Ohhhh... that was very good. I loved how clever they are, and I liked seeing the change in Panaka, even though I don't agree with Kylantha, and seeing her reason such makes me upset. I think the Alliance's purpose is not to bring back the Republic of Old, but a less outdated, more streamlined Republic, one that would actually work and be a democracy... sigh... oh well. end that mini-rant :p

I actually found the end of the story sort of anti-climatic compared to the rest of the story, though I did think it was a very Naboo way to go about things. Very civil and quiet. Which I think describes the Naboo pretty well. They aren't a noisy lot, like those crazy Alderaanians! ;)

Very excited for the Epilogue, hope to see some of my favorite Princess!! :D

~Obischick~[face_peace]

9. Darth_Scroobius

Darth_Scroobius Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2005
    ?The Former Separatist Reintegration Movement and the Outer Rim Reconstruction Fund,? Pooja read aloud, frowning deeply. ?I was of the impression that those were discontinued several years ago? along with the Clone Wars Veterans? Fund,? she added, taking another glance further down the list.

Dang, I'm good. There really was a Death Star Charity Fund. Maybe not with that exact name, but still... freakin' hilarious. I love it!

She had said ?open defiance??

Slippery slope. They will join the Rebel Alliance. All in good time...

I really appreciate the way you maintained the realism in the ending here. I'm sure it was tempting to make it a more exciting ending to try and give it some oomph and I'm glad you didn't go that route. Very nice work, my queen. I look forward to Ye Olde Epilogue.

10. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Obischick: Ohhhh... that was very good. I loved how clever they are, and I liked seeing the change in Panaka, even though I don't agree with Kylantha, and seeing her reason such makes me upset. I think the Alliance's purpose is not to bring back the Republic of Old, but a less outdated, more streamlined Republic, one that would actually work and be a democracy... sigh... oh well. end that mini-rant

Personally, I happen to agree with you on that. But the information on Kylantha said that there were rumors that she was a Rebel sympathizer. In reality, however, while she, like Pooja, might have sympathized with what the Rebellion was fighting - a corrupt dictator - she did not support the return of the Republic. My take on this was that Kylantha remembered the days when the democracy had become corrupt and useless. In her eyes, democracy did not work with a Republic as large as it was. Granted, she knows that being in a dictatorship under the command of a madman isn't much better, but she does not wish to see what happened to Naboo to happen again.

I actually found the end of the story sort of anti-climatic compared to the rest of the story, though I did think it was a very Naboo way to go about things. Very civil and quiet. Which I think describes the Naboo pretty well. They aren't a noisy lot, like those crazy Alderaanians!

I agree it does seem a little like that, but I thought that having Naboo formally join the Rebellion and all that just would not be realistic. The Death Star may only be a few hours away from being destroyed, but one: they do not know that. Two: even with the Death Star gone, there would be nothing to stop Palpatine from ordering the planet occupied by the Imperial Army. The Rebellion did not have the resources to protect the planet. That especially is another reason Kylantha did not want to formally join the Rebellion. There was little to gain on Naboo's side. In her mind, better to just wait it out and hope like hell that things will turn out all right.

Very excited for the Epilogue, hope to see some of my favorite Princess!!

[face_whistling]

Scroobius: ?The Former Separatist Reintegration Movement and the Outer Rim Reconstruction Fund,? Pooja read aloud, frowning deeply. ?I was of the impression that those were discontinued several years ago? along with the Clone Wars Veterans? Fund,? she added, taking another glance further down the list.

Dang, I'm good. There really was a Death Star Charity Fund. Maybe not with that exact name, but still... freakin' hilarious. I love it!

*laughs* That was why I found your prediction so hilarious! You were very close! :D

She had said ?open defiance??

Slippery slope. They will join the Rebel Alliance. All in good time...

So certain are you? ;)

I really appreciate the way you maintained the realism in the ending here. I'm sure it was tempting to make it a more exciting ending to try and give it some oomph and I'm glad you didn't go that route. Very nice work, my queen. I look forward to Ye Olde Epilogue.

You're right, it was tempting. But I turned away for two reasons, the first being the realism of that. The second would be meaning that the story would probably need to cover the entire Galactic Civil War and as I've said, this story was only meant to cover the dissolution of the Senate and the immediate consequences. :)

*attempts to sound queenly*

Thank you, oh good Lord Scroobius. We much appreciate your excellent words.

;)

AQ

11. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
  12. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    up for the author tomorrow! :) happy to see the epiloge :) , sad to see it end :(

~Obischick~[face_peace]

13. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    What do you mean, EPILOGUE??? This thing has barely gotten started!! :mad:

Excellent job. Panaka may be a pain in the arse, but at least he knows what's right. :)

14. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Epilogue

"Time is mysterious in its benevolence. It gives back what it takes away, once we have come to truly appreciate that which had been lost."

--Padmé Amidala of Naboo, on the first anniversary of Naboo's Liberation

"Such celebrations on Naboo had not been seen since the ousting of the Trade Federation, after the death of the Emperor. The Gungans, who had lived in virtual hiding on our world with the help of many well-meaning Naboovians, came once more to Theed to join us in our jubilation. Our freedom had been restored."

--From the writings of Pooja Lydonia

-----

Imperial Center did not look very different from what she remembered. The congested, depressing atmosphere was the same along with the colorless, and yet strangely compelling, landscape.

When Pooja had left this place and had witnessed her friend sacrifice his life for her, she had secretly thought she would never find the strength to return. Not without reopening a wound that would probably never heal.

Yet here she was, sitting on a transport going through sensor images that had just been sent to her from the cockpit. Not for the first time, Pooja wondered what she was doing here. She had formally left politics nearly six years ago. After working tirelessly in the wake of Alderaan's destruction and all that it had brought her, she had felt it was time to change her focus.

The Queen had instituted one of her ideas of rebelling almost immediately after hearing of the Rebel Alliance's great victory by destroying the Death Star. Inviting the survivors of Alderaan to take up residence on Naboo not only brought out overwhelming support from the people, but was lauded and imitated by many other worlds nearby. The loosening of Naboo's immigration laws did cause many headaches within the Imperial bureaucracy, earning them no shortage of small harassments, such as a shortage of refugee credits guaranteed for Imperial citizens who had been displaced. Still, they'd managed.

It hadn't been long after the Death Star's destruction she had discovered Leia Organa had not been murdered under mysterious circumstances, but was in fact a high-ranked member of the Rebel Alliance. She had been in the custody of the Imperial Navy, but had managed to escape. Pooja's joy had known no bounds when she had heard. Bail and Breha's daughter, her friend, still lived.

One aspect of bringing in the Alderaani refugees included finding homes for the many orphans. Many of them were children who had been at off-world schools and were traumatized at the loss of parents, siblings, and other extended family members.

Families from all districts came forward, willing to take in the children and even donate land for homes for families that were still intact, but even with this outpouring of good will there was still a shortage of homes. Finally, after much persuasion, Pooja had managed to talk her mother and Mydrin's parents into taking a few of the children. Her mother took a young girl by the name of Salia, while Dale and Vala took in two brothers, Dyllin and Hamlin.

Pooja herself also agreed to take in two orphaned children as well. Those in charge had assigned her a fourteen-year-old girl, Altaira, and a ten-year-old boy, Bren. Both had been children of wealthy families that sought to give them the best education money could buy, landing them both in a lucrative school on Chandrilla.

Within a few months, Pooja had come to see that working full-time in politics while attempting to care for two troubled children at the same time was not going to work, and she had grown far too attached to them to let them go.

Altaira, once Pooja was able to see beneath the many layers of grief, was a very sweet girl with a talent for art. Bren, however, was more of a challenge. For weeks, the boy remained silent and withdrawn. At night, however, Pooja would hear the soft sound of weeping coming from his room. Yet, whenever she would try to comfort him, he would wrench himself away from her and shift to the far side of the bed. Slowly, though, Bren seemed to accustom himself to Altaira's empathetic presence, and to a lesser extent, Pooja herself, but with her busy schedule, it was extremely difficult to give him the attention he deserved.

After much debate, Pooja decided to step down from active service. Taking the credits from her pension, Pooja had the old Naberrie home in the Lake District, Varykino, reopened and made fit for habitation. Once she settled herself, Bren, and Altaira into the house and area, all three of their spirits buoyed quickly. Altaira took to walking into the fields, her sketchbook and pencils in hand and a peaceful look on her pretty face.

Bren, surprisingly, stuck close to the house. He seemed content to wander the large building, as well as the various terraces and nearby gardens. He also appeared to gravitate closer and closer to wherever Pooja happened to be on any particular day. Hoping for the best, she waited for him to come to her.

It took nearly a year, but he finally did. Bren slowly began to ask her questions about the house, her family, and their history. He became even more interested when Pooja mentioned in passing how her Aunt Padmé had once hid there under the protection of a Jedi. He then quietly told her that he recalled his parents mentioning that Viceroy and Queen Organa had both been friends to Padmé Amidala.

Pooja sighed, closing her eyes briefly. Those happy years were surrounded by a bubble in her mind. The memories were so vivid that she could almost believe that she was back at home at Varykino with Altaira and Bren chattering away at her. She knew it wasn't true, though. Altaira and Bren were both back on Naboo, studying diligently for their exams at the Royal Academy. Her surrogate children were grown now.

Her time away from politics had been good for her, of that Pooja had no doubt, but that did not mean that she had remained ignorant of the events unfolding beyond Naboo. For instance, she received regular letters from Theed, from a seemingly anonymous source, containing different pieces of intelligence and news. Pooja had her suspicions as to who had been sending them to her.

She'd been hesitant to accept the information, due to a brief and disturbing encounter. It had been nearly a year and a half after settling in at Varykino. Pooja had stayed up late working on her writings when she heard a faint shuffling coming from the terrace outside of her study. Curious, she took a small light out and stepped through the doors.

At first, all she saw and heard was the lake and the nighttime insects. When she turned to go back inside, however, what she found in front of her made her drop the light, causing it to shatter on the stone.

Darth Vader.

She didn't move, torn between horror and resignation. Pooja had known there was a possibility that the Emperor might send someone to deal with her in a more definitive manner. In a shaky, resolute voice, she said that if he was going to do his master's bidding and kill her, then she asked that he spare the two children sleeping inside.

Shockingly, Sith Lord did nothing. For several timeless moments, he only stood there and stared at her. Finally, when Pooja thought she could stand no more of the silence, he spoke.
    "Enjoy what you are creating here and pay no mind to what is beyond. Others were denied this, but it has been granted to you. Do not squander it."

Then he was gone.

Though shocked by the encounter and the fact that she was still alive, Pooja did her best to heed the Sith Lord's warning. She stayed out of politics and visited Theed only to see her family.

Four years after they came to Varykino, Altaira chose to enter the Royal Academy, seeking a degree in the arts she loved so much. That left Pooja and Bren at home, though he was spending more and more time working within the Refugee Relief Movement. Pooja found herself mostly on her own.

Then everything changed. Suddenly, the Emperor and Darth Vader were both dead. The Empire was thrown into chaos.

Or rather, the rest of the Empire was thrown into chaos. Panaka's reputation as an able administrator proved true and there was only a minor upset within the Chommell Sector. Because of this, the sector's population was able to watch the happenings outside their bubble of calm with clear minds.

They observed while the Empire's government fractured into different groups, all intent on seizing the reins of power for themselves. They watched as the Rebel Alliance, now styling itself the New Republic, moved carefully and steadily towards Imperial Center, gaining support as they went.

Plus, if those intergalactic events were not exciting enough, there were things changing on Naboo as well. Less than a year after Palpatine's death, Madlyn Kylantha chose to finally step down from the throne. Elections were called for and Pooja decided to visit the capital for the duration. Bren accompanied her as they both planned to visit Altaira at the Academy.

A few days after her arrival, Pooja received an invitation to visit the Queen at the Palace. As Bren was visiting several of his Alderaani friends that were currently in Theed and Altaira was busy with her classes, she accepted readily.

Their meeting was pleasant overall and they spoke lightly of many different subjects. Madlyn asked about Altaira and Bren, as well as the rest of Pooja's family. In return, Pooja offered her felicitations upon hearing of the Queen's recent engagement to one of the leaders of the Alderaan contingent.

After a time, however, Pooja could not help but ask why Madlyn was stepping down. Her popularity was as solid as it ever was and she would not be the first Queen to marry and raise a family while still sitting on the throne, though it had not been done in many years.

Madlyn, who was not wearing the make up of the office, smiled at her and she saw, for the first time in years, just what a toll being Queen in such tense times had done to her friend. Without the trappings of royalty, Pooja could see the faint, premature lines around her eyes, along with the slightly weary stoop in her shoulders.

"My friend," Madlyn said softly, "there comes a time when a person has to step back. I look out there and see that a new era is approaching. The days of the Empire are waning. Democracy, true democracy, is starting to resurface on an intergalactic scale. Whether or not it is good for Naboo is for the people to decide. I do know that building a new world, or improving the old one, is something best left for the young."

Pooja supposed that she was right. Within the next year, Naboo elected its first King since the days of Veruna, a seventeen-year-old who had taken the name of Talesin. Also, the collective worlds of the Chommell Sector voted to join the New Republic, and Panaka retired to his home in the Gallo Mountains.

She kept in touch with the former Moff and had been pleased to hear that the New Republic officials were not demanding that he be tried for war crimes like some of the other Governors were, as they so richly deserved. Hugh Panaka had protected the Chommell Sector for over two decades. He was not a monster as several of his colleagues had been.

All that had been absolutely riveting events, but it was not until Bren chose to join Altaira at the Academy to pursue a degree in architecture that things really took a more personal turn.
    Almost a month after Bren had left, Pooja received a most surprising visitor.

King Talesin.

After his impromptu arrival, Pooja had found herself sitting in her formal receiving room numbly sipping on a cup of tea, eyeing the young man across from her and silently wondering if she and Madlyn had ever looked that young…

"Lady Lydonia," the young King said stoically, surrounded by his five liegemen, "I thank you for receiving me after only appearing on your doorstep."

She nodded and murmured, "It is an honor, Your Highness."

"I think, in any case, I should be prompt in telling you the reason for this unexpected visit. As I am sure you are aware, Naboo's entrance into the New Republic is all but finalized. All that is now required is that the papers be signed by the leader and Senatorial representative of Naboo, along with the Chancellor and Vice-Chancellor of the Senate."

Pooja stared at him, her confusion growing. This was all very fascinating, but what did it have to do with her?

"In that we will be entering an awkward time in being a part of a massive democracy again, I would prefer to have someone experienced in Senatorial politics representing Naboo until we have someone qualified to take up the position on a permanent basis."

I hate it when people answer the questions I don't say out loud, she thought bleakly. Madlyn did that. This boy is going to be trouble.

"Your Highness, I have been out of active service for some time -"

"Nonetheless," he interrupted her, "you are one of the most experienced politicians alive on Naboo. You thrived for over a decade in Imperial interplanetary politics." Talesin paused, staring at her gravely. "Milady, I ask that you consider returning to the position of Naboo's Senator…"

She did consider it. She asked the advice of her mother, her sister and brother-in-law, as well as her surrogate children. She asked them all, and each had their own answer. Her mother had said that she should do what made her happy. Ryoo and Mydrin were both of the opinion that there was no one better to represent Naboo's interests in the New Republic Senate. Altaira and Bren said that she had given them both so much already; she should not feel that she had to put her life on hold for them indefinitely.

In the end, Pooja agreed to the King's request, though still with some measure of reluctance. Perhaps she had grown too used to being close to her family and leaving them to dabble in politics no longer appealed to her. Still, Talesin assured her that he would send someone for her to train as her replacement in good time.

So here she was.

"Milady?"

Pooja looked up, slightly startled at the interruption. She was no longer used to having handmaidens bustling about around her.

"Yes Rillaé," she replied quietly, straightening in her chair. "What is it?"

"Meliaé and Captain Sines asked me to inform you that we will be landing momentarily. They also received word that Vice-Chancellor Organa will be meeting you upon our arrival."

A huge, delighted grin threatened to burst across her face, but Pooja managed to keep it down to just a faint smile. Nodding silently, she stood and gave herself one last critical glance in a nearby mirror. She wore a simple gold dress with a white underskirt and stringy, beaded headdress. Her make-up was simple and unassuming as well.

As she stepped out of her quarters and started down the hall, Pooja took notice of both Rillaé and Arliaé taking up positions behind her, more so than she used to. She shook her head inwardly, wondering if she would ever grow used to their presence again.

Upon reaching the airlock, the three women were joined by Meliaé and Captain Crakn Sines. Pooja had been surprised to see Meliaé assigned to her, having lost contact with the handmaiden after Pooja had departed from politics. Both Amarié and Niaé had married and started families of their own.

The ramp descended slowly and once it was down, Pooja followed in the wake of two security guards who took up positions on both sides of the ramp. Once off the ship, Pooja immediately looked around, taking in her surroundings.

Transports flew by them in chaotic patterns. Building lights winked rapidly in the distance. Leia Organa, surrounded by her own guards, stood a few yards away, smiling happily in her direction.

Fighting yet another grin of her own, Pooja stepped forward again and hurried towards the other woman. As she came closer, she noted two men, a Wookiee, and two droids standing close to her.

"Senator Lydonia," Leia spoke first, her dark eyes sparkling merrily, "Chancellor Mothma asked that I come to bid you welcome and answer any and all questions you may have."

It is good to see you as well, old friend, Pooja thought. Aloud, she replied, "Thank you, Vice-Chancellor Organa. Such a gesture is much appreciated."

Leia nodded, her braided hair not moving at all as her head moved. She turned slightly, gesturing for her to walk with her towards a waiting transport.

"We have opened up the offices and apartments the Naboo contingent used in the past. I trust this will be acceptable to you," she asked.

"Of course. Thank you." For a brief moment, silence reigned, until Pooja continued in a more quiet tone. "How are you, old friend? It's been a long time."

A tiny laugh escaped from Leia's mouth. "Yes," she said, "yes it has. I'm reasonably well. Busy."

"I am glad to hear it. Perhaps, then, you could explain why the gentlemen behind us are watching so closely," she asked, a degree of amusement creeping into her voice. "I am certainly no assassin."

Leia sighed and threw a stern look over her shoulder as they stepped into the transport, followed by the two men in question, their Wookiee companion, Captain Sines, and the handmaidens.

Once they were all seated, Leia responded. "Forgive my fiancé and brother. They tend to be rather overprotective at times."

Bracing herself in her seat as the transport began to move, Pooja raised a quizzical eyebrow. "Brother? I wasn't aware you had any siblings."

Leia smiled at her, emotions such as sadness creeping over her features. "Much has changed since I last saw you, Pooja. Much indeed," she said quietly.

"Then perhaps we should discuss everything over dinner this evening, if you and your companions are available," Pooja suggested, her curiosity growing as she eyed the two men. "I would be honored to hear of how you found this brother of yours."

The Alderaani Princess nodded warmly. "We would be honored."

15. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Nooooooooooooo! It's over! ::sobs::

That was a brilliant ending, AQ! I loved the bit with the Alderaani refugees. The bit with Darth Vader was awesome too.

I loved how Leia showed up at the end. She has a long story to tell. :D

The best part about this fic is that it tells a story that is influenced, although none of the characters are with the OT trio, by the events of the Empire and the Rebellion and such. I love fics like that.

Awesome job on an awesome fic! =D==D==D=

16. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    SEQUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great job! Can't really say anything more intelligent than that. YAY! I want a sequel. :p

17. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    Ack! That was lovely dear, just lovely! I really do like what you've done with the Post-RotJ better than what the "real" authors have done. Yours just makes so much more sense... imagine that :p

looooove that Pooja went back to Varykino, I would love to go live there. Very spooky that Vader showed up, and what he said was also very spooky. Vader, in general is very spooky.

Really enjoyed seeing Leia again, and in the role of Vice-Chancellor. I wish we could see their talk about Luke and Han (loved their cameos) and I wish we could see the cousins realizing their relation.

Thank you for sharing this with us!!

~Obischick~[face_peace]

18. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Idrelle: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Nooooooooooooo! It's over! ::sobs::

*hands over a hanky*

That was a brilliant ending, AQ! I loved the bit with the Alderaani refugees. The bit with Darth Vader was awesome too.

[face_blush] Thank you, dear. Though this epilogue was exasperatingly long, it was fun to write. Creating the characters of Altaira and Bren was rather enjoyable.

As for DV, well, he showed up for another bout of making cookies with Leia and demanded to make an appearance in the story.

Welcome to the windmills of my mind. ;)

I loved how Leia showed up at the end. She has a long story to tell.

*snorts* Got that right. :D

The best part about this fic is that it tells a story that is influenced, although none of the characters are with the OT trio, by the events of the Empire and the Rebellion and such. I love fics like that.

*grins* A 'Meanwhile, Elsewhere' story! :D

Awesome job on an awesome fic!

Thank you! :)

Mi: SEQUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*smiles* Ah, Mi... Who can tell what the future will bring? If a plot bunny ever comes up to bite me, then perhaps one day...

Great job! Can't really say anything more intelligent than that. YAY! I want a sequel.

Thanks, hon. :) I'm glad you enjoyed this. *hugs*

Obischick: Ack! That was lovely dear, just lovely! I really do like what you've done with the Post-RotJ better than what the "real" authors have done. Yours just makes so much more sense... imagine that

*giggles* I have my beefs with the EU as well. The govt of the NR, the relationships between the Solo family, the Screeching Harpy, a few others... ;)

looooove that Pooja went back to Varykino, I would love to go live there. Very spooky that Vader showed up, and what he said was also very spooky. Vader, in general is very spooky.

[face_laugh] Yes, he is. ;) As Rev said when he betaed it, "Shades of Anakin Skywalker." :D

Really enjoyed seeing Leia again, and in the role of Vice-Chancellor. I wish we could see their talk about Luke and Han (loved their cameos) and I wish we could see the cousins realizing their relation.

*smiles* As I said to Mi, if a plot bunny ever comes along... ;)

Thank you for sharing this with us!!

You're welcome! You've all been absolutely great! [:D] [:D] Thank you all so much!

AQ

19. aldocassidy

aldocassidy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 22, 2005
    Great story and great, touching ending! That brief moment with Darth Vader was most poignant and emotional. And Sophie Marceau? Good choice!

20. Darth_Scroobius

Darth_Scroobius Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2005
    The Queen had instituted one of her ideas of rebelling almost immediately after hearing of the Rebel Alliance?s great victory by destroying the Death Star. Inviting the survivors of Alderaan to take up residence on Naboo not only brought out overwhelming support from the people, but was lauded and imitated by many other worlds nearby.

Baby steps towards rebellion (or is it Rebellion?). You even used the word "rebelling".

And it hadn?t been long after that she had discovered Leia Organa had not been murdered under mysterious circumstances, but was in fact a high-ranked member of the Rebel Alliance.

Now I thought at this point she would skip out of her political responsibilities and personally join the Rebellion. One out of two ain't bad.

Taking the credits from her pension

I find it kind of odd that Naboo would give a pension out to one who retires so young, but I suppose "retirement" is retirement.

Pooja had her suspicions as to who had been sending them to her.

A little bird?

?Enjoy what you are creating here and pay no mind to what is beyond. Others were denied this, but it has been granted to you. Do not squander it.?

Darth Vader: sentimentalist?

Within the next year, Naboo elected its first King since the days of Veruna, a thirteen-year-old who had taken the name of Talesin.

:oops: Even an exceptionally mature thirteen year-old male (like say, me at that age) would not have a chance in Hoth of handling that kind of responsibility. [Note that is not necessarily true for females]

?I would be honored to hear of how you found this brother of yours.?

That'll be a nice story. An excellent ending. =D=@};-

I present this limerick as a token of my appreciation, your highnessness:

There once was a writer named AngelQueen
    Whose story was so very keen
    She made Pooja alive
    Us she did not deprive
    From her much enjoyment all of us did glean.

(Who would have thought "queen" was so difficult to rhyme. I'm glad I didn't try Pooja!)

21. JediMasterRev

JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2004
    Rev, my dear beta, nearly lost it when he first went over it. *smirks*

Your beta is still grumbling over that ending and no sequel in sight :mad::mad:

Within a few months, Pooja had come to see that working full time in politics while attempting to care for two troubled children at the same time was not going to work. And she had grown far too attached to them to let them go.

Interesting parallel to Padme.

In a shaky, resolute voice, she said that if he was going to do his master?s bidding and kill her, then she asked of him that her wards be spared.

But the Sith Lord did nothing. For several timeless moments, he only stood there and stared at her. Finally, when Pooja thought she could stand no more of the silence, he spoke.

?Enjoy what you are creating here and pay no mind to what is beyond. Others were denied this, but it has been granted to you. Do not squander it.?

And then he was gone.

This little scene was, by far, my favorite of the entire story. It seems that a certain Sith Lord has kept a distant eye on his niece and was 'sympathetic' to her situation. Perhaps that was some of the last shreds of Anakin showing itself? Still, this was a very poignant and well contrived part. I think it would really be interesting to read an addendum that had DV's thoughts and feelings from that encounter. *hint hint*

?Nonetheless,? he interrupted her, ?you are one of the most experienced politicians alive on Naboo. You thrived for over a decade in Imperial interplanetary politics.? Talesin paused, staring at her gravely. ?Milady, I ask that you consider returning to the position of Naboo?s Senator??

Seems as if the politcally active members of the Naberrie clan never can escape the lure of politics or duty to others. A very telling attribute of their grand characters.

Once they were all seated, Leia responded. ?Forgive my fiancé and brother. They tend to be rather overprotective at times.?

Bracing herself in her seat as the transport began to move, Pooja raised a quizzical eyebrow. ?Fiancé? Brother? I was not aware you had any siblings.?

Leia smiled at her, emotions such as sadness creeping over her features. ?Much has changed since I last saw you, Pooja. Much indeed,? she said quietly.

?Then perhaps we should discuss everything over dinner this evening, if you and your companions are available,? Pooja suggested, her curiosity growing as she eyed the two men. ?I would be honored to hear of how you found this brother of yours.?

The Alderaani Princess nodded warmly. ?We would be honored.?

Just as things are about to get really interesting, somebody, who will remain nameless *cough* AngelQueen *cough* decides to get very nasty and ends a wonderfully thought out and written story on a nasty, evil, cliffe; leaving it to our imaginations as to what will happen. While it is a great idea, I still wanted to see you explore that [face_devil].

Seriously though, this has been a wonderful story to read, as well as beta for. I hardly had to do any work as you did all the really hard stuff. It was a priviledge to assist you in this endeavor and I hope this is the first of many more collaborations *cough* sequel *cough*. Wonderful job and thank you for sharing with us all.

22. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    aldocassidy: Great story and great, touching ending! That brief moment with Darth Vader was most poignant and emotional. And Sophie Marceau? Good choice!

*blushes* Thank you! The whole "Cast and Credits" section was made in a fit of boredom during the early days of writing this story. I decided to post that at the end just to really wrap everything up in my own mind. But, again, thank you! :D

Scroobius: The Queen had instituted one of her ideas of rebelling almost immediately after hearing of the Rebel Alliance?s great victory by destroying the Death Star. Inviting the survivors of Alderaan to take up residence on Naboo not only brought out overwhelming support from the people, but was lauded and imitated by many other worlds nearby.

Baby steps towards rebellion (or is it Rebellion?). You even used the word "rebelling".

*smiles* That is a good question. I think... well, they never officially sought out Mon Mothma and asked for a membership card. I will say that. ;) But just because they didn't, doesn't necessarily mean anything.

And it hadn?t been long after that she had discovered Leia Organa had not been murdered under mysterious circumstances, but was in fact a high-ranked member of the Rebel Alliance.

Now I thought at this point she would skip out of her political responsibilities and personally join the Rebellion. One out of two ain't bad.

I certainly think Padmé would have done so. Hence, another example of how different aunt and niece are. :)

Taking the credits from her pension

I find it kind of odd that Naboo would give a pension out to one who retires so young, but I suppose "retirement" is retirement.

I believe the custom is that politicians can retire after they've served for several years. This gives them a chance to settle down and devote themselves to family or whatever they wish to do. Granted, this does not always happen - look at Padmé the Workaholic.

Pooja had her suspicions as to who had been sending them to her.

A little bird?

A little bird in a nice flame-colored cloak. ;)

That's all I'll say on that. :D

Darth Vader: sentimentalist?

Darth Vader: perpetual screw up. He remembers he has messed up his life on more than one occasion, and it cost his wife her life. His warning to Pooja to keep her head down is a good one. I don't think he wants to see another Naberrie the victim of things well beyond her control.

*still likes Rev's phrase "Shades of Anakin Skywalker"*

Within the next year, Naboo elected its first King since the days of Veruna, a thirteen-year-old who had taken the name of Talesin.

Even an exceptionally mature thirteen year-old male (like say, me at that age) would not have a chance in Hoth of handling that kind of responsibility. [Note that is not necessarily true for females]

I think it's possible. Especially since the Naboo monarchs tended to be young. Amidala, Apailana, Kylantha. Granted, all of them are female, but it's not completely impossible for a male that young to rule. And besides, he has his advisors to make sure he does his job right. That's what they're there for.

?I would be honored to hear of how you found this brother of yours.?

That'll be a nice story. An excellent ending.

Yes, it most certainly will! :D Thank you!

I present this limerick as a token of my appreciation, your highnessness:

*bounces* :D

There once was a writer named AngelQueen
    Whose story was so very keen
    She made Pooja alive
    Us she did not deprive
    From her much enjoyment all of us did glean.

(Who would have thought "queen" was so difficult to rhyme. I'm glad I didn't try Pooja!)

*melts* Aw, Scroobius, that was so touching! Thank you! *blushes*

Rev: Rev, my dear beta, nearly lost it when he first went over it. *smirks*

Your beta is stil

23. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    It's over? [face_plain] :( [face_worried] :_|

That was wonderful! It is so nice to see that Pooja may finally learn how Leia is related to her. :D

Amazing job! I have enjoyed every single part of this story, and I hope that at some point you will consider continuing it. [:D]

I cannot compliment you enough! :)

Ani-maniac

24. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Ani-Maniac: It's over?

That was wonderful! It is so nice to see that Pooja may finally learn how Leia is related to her.
    j

Yes, I am afraid so. :) And Pooja and our dear Skywalker twins may just finally learn of their true relationship! :D

Amazing job! I have enjoyed every single part of this story, and I hope that at some point you will consider continuing it.

I cannot compliment you enough!

Thank you, my dear. I have enjoyed writing it and receiving all of your wonderful comments! [:D] And if another plot bunny comes along, I will probably do so! :)

Thank you again!

AQ

25. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001