main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rebel Dream and Dark Journey covers!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by neimoidian_85, Sep 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Those are TIE fighters on the top of the DJ cover right?

2. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Yes. Normal TIEs.

3. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    To me the whole thing looks like it has been lit by a disco ball!

4. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Yep, and for whoever asked, the ship next to Jaina is a X-Wing, it's the same schematic that's used everywhere.

And I don't think that that is the final cover for Rebel Dream, especially the title bar. Have a look and you'll see that it is different to how all of the other NJO books have been done, so I think that it was just put on there to give the title and author, and it will be fully finished later.

5. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Yeah. She is an X-wing fighter pilot...

Makes sence, right?

6. RHJediKnight

RHJediKnight Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2001
    Both covers look great, especially the Rebel Dream one. But the angle of Jaina's face makes her look kinda weird to me, other than that no real problems.

One thing though, I thought Allston was doing a duology, not just a single novel. Am I right or was I misinformed?

7. Rogue_Solo

Rogue_Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2001
    That's an X-Wing? I've never seen that one before, but boy, do I feel dumb. But thanks.

8. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    I think so. The duology is Behind Enemy Lines. They're just showing the first one.

9. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    You're right about Allston. The cover probably isn't final. They'll add the rest of the long subtitle stuff later.

Or maybe they had an idea and just got rid of it.

10. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    I'm lazy so..what Wedge88 said. :D

cept for the part about the number pad...

11. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Schweet...if Wedge becomes leader of the military, what happened to EVERYBODY else on the Defense Forces.

Whatever happens on Coruscant, alot of people went with it. I liked Brand, A'baht, and everybody except Sovv. Wedge just got out of retirement, so they wouldn't hand him the ropes just like that, no matter his legacy.

The Rebel Dream cover doesn't have much to look at. The only thing that really sparks any question: are those Rogue or Wraith X-wings?

12. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    There has been no official announcement that the plans for the duology have changed, and since they are releasing one of the covers, they would have said if it had become a stand alone. I think that we shouldn't read too much into the cover.

13. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Yeah, Matt, you had to wipe off the entire screen.

Kadue, not a stand alone, just got rid of the silly string of subtitles maybe. But probably not.

14. obi-wannabe1

obi-wannabe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Oh MY GOD!!!

The covers are SO COOL!!!!! I think I craped my pants.

Jaina looks like she's gone totally to the dark side! The TIE fighters are awesome. Go Imperial remnant! I love the purple motif.

Rebel Dream is also wizard! Wedge looks so old. The in-cockpit view is wonderful!!

I'm sooo Happy... :) :) :)

I can't wait for these books...

15. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Maybe, but I think it's just a case of it not being fully finished, but they decided to release them both at the same time.

16. -Vergere-

-Vergere- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001

Well the short synopsis for Rebel Dream on TOS eliminates Luke, Mara, Han, Leia and Lando from the death speculation in SBS!

Since we know its not Jaina, I think that realistically leaves Anakin and Jacen!

Hrmmmmm....

17. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Anyone notice the Rebellion symbol instead of the NR one?

18. DarthDave

DarthDave Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 1, 2000
    The official site then confirmed that Luke, Han, Leia, Lando, Mara, and Wedge will not be die in Star by Star. So candidates left are Jacen, Anakin, and maybe Corran. Is there anyone else who qualifies as a deep personal loss

19. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    Who ya kiddin Veggies...the whole damn system.

It is truly a great time for all SW fans everywhere.

20. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Ouch.

Enough joking though.

I guess we kinda know who dies now. :(

21. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    Ahh there goes the only true Jedi...

22. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Then don't say it or I will hunt you down and eviscerate you. That goes for everyone else too. [face_devil]

23. JediJSolo

JediJSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Awesome Dark Journey cover! Jaina does look like she has some sort of Goth think happening there, but I think it works for her. Don?t forget that this is her dark journey. But Goth or not, I still think she looks hot.

What is the deal with her hiding out in the Hapes Cluster? I understand why she might need to get away from it all for a while, but there are definitely better places to do that. She could have gone some where that the people don?t have a culturally born hatred for Jedi (the Fondor incident probably didn?t help in that regard either).

And if she is going to Hapes, does this mean that we will get to see more of Tenel Ka? That character deserves to get much more attention from the authors in my opinion.

24. -Vergere-

-Vergere- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    I agree, Jaina looks hot :)

25. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    My comments:

1. Jaina Solo looks a lot uglier. She used to be hot.

2. On the Dark Journey cover, that looks like it could also be the Falcon's viewport, instead of a TIE.

3. Those are definitely Rogue Squadron colors.

4. If you look closely, near the top, where it says STAR WARS The New Jedi Order, you can almost see a face staring out. In fact, it looks like the right side of a face. And it doesn't look human.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.