main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rebel Dream and Dark Journey covers!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by neimoidian_85, Sep 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    I'm not impressed.

Jaina doesn't look even remotely like she's been described in the books, and the cover overall just doesn't look like it belongs in SW. The plot sounds okay, but the reasons for her going to Hapes are kind of sketchy.

Rebel Dream sounds great...but where the hell is the Enemy Lines logo? Did they cancel the second book? Why are these the only two mentioned for 2002, when we know there's also a hardcover. The cover's pretty good, I guess.

And wait a second...the council loses hope, so they order a civilian back into action to cover a retreat to...where? The UR? The heroes establish a resistance...Kyp hasn't been doing that all along...It sounds like it will be a fun book, but if you think about the details it doesn't make much sense.

"...and her own thirst for revenge. Meanwhile, in Aaron Allston's Rebel Dream" Do these books take place concurrently?

On the up side, next year there will be a new SW novel every two months!

February -- Dark Journey
    April -- Enemy Lines 1
    June -- Enemy Lines 2
    August -- Traitor
    October/november -- WJW's book, forget what it's called.

2. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Jaina looks hot?More like the younger sister of Aurra Sing.

3. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Less smudgy makeup and greasy hair would have helped.

4. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    Jaina used to be hot. In the pics that some people have under their names.

5. MaceWindu73

MaceWindu73 Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2001
    Actually, the face on Dark Journey looks like Mara Jade's face (the actress who plays Mara Jade anyway). I think most of us are trying to pin point the huge death to be a person. What if it's not? What if it's Coruscant and the New Republic. With the New Republic just giving up, may be Jaina has lost all hope in everything and turns to the darkside. I don't think that they will kill off one of the Solo Children. Remember, they are the ones who will replace Luke, Han, and Leia in future novels.

(As a side note, the face on the backside of SBS cover is in the same location as Chewie's was for VP. Just a note).

6. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Damn, I was just going to post that... it's noit Jaina, it's Mara! (or at least it looks like it)

7. MaceWindu73

Aug 29, 2001
    May be, Mara thinks that Jaina has died in SBS. In Dark Journey, they are reunited.

8. Jades Fire

Jades Fire Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1998
    Boo on the Jaina model. Ease up on the Goth look, and if they wan to make her look like she's gone through hell, there are better ways of depicting it. I wonder if it is a model or a computer generated character like Aki from from Final Fantasy.

And, I'd like an apology from the half-dozen or so people who jumped all over me when I pronounced a year and a half ago that the NR would be taken to the brink, then have them go back into Rebellion mode.

I get the last laugh! ha ha ha :lol

EDIT: Wasn't the name of the book changed to "Dark Journeys" instead? Have they switched back?

9. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    On second thought, it loooks like a younger Leia, so it probably is Jaina.

And she is hot!

10. King of all Jedi

King of all Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2000
    I think you guys are all nuts. Jaina is smoking hot on the cover. Hot damn.

11. RHJediKnight

RHJediKnight Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2001
    I think she's pretty hot too.

And uh...lesse...to add something to the thread, um...that thing in the top left corner, I don't think it's a viewport or cockpit canopy or anything. It's probably some freaky design or something that we'll see later. Or maybe it's a schematic-type thing like the X-wing is.

BTW, do you think they'll replace that schematic X-wing with a regular, drawn one? Hopefully if they do they'll get the markings right, with eleven pips on the wings....

12. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    To me it looks like it could be a young Leia but the hair and makeup hide it. The eyes and mouth remind me of her.

13. JediJSolo

JediJSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    ?1. Jaina Solo looks a lot uglier. She used to be hot.?

Um? Okay? When else have we seen her face close up like that?

How can you guys not think that Jaina looks hot? Maybe ?Vergere- and I (and all of the other people who think that Jaina looks hot) simply have different standards of what we consider to be beautiful than what you guys have. And if that is Mara and not Jaina, than I am very very envious of Luke!!!!!!!

14. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    That light green around the New Jedi Order logo on DJ looks really out of place. BAD color choice, bad bad bad.

15. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    First of all, I agree with just about everything that's been said. Jaina looks scary, Wedge is cool, and why does RD not have the duology title on it?

It looks like RD will be mostly about Wedge- that should make lots of fans happy. Great cover- it looks like an X-Wing book, except there are people on it. I don't see any green markings on the nearby ships, though ;). Maybe someone can analyze the lights in the X-Wing to find the exact plot of the book.

DJ looks interesting. ;) Notice that the Rebel Alliance insignia appears twice on this cover. Not the New Republic, the Rebel Alliance. Artist's mistake, or intentional?

I'll admit, Del Rey has my attention, and they'll soon have my money as well. :)

16. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Jades Fire, I always wanted the NR to fall and the Jedi/heros to have to fight back by the skin of their teeth. Overdone? Yes. Still cool? Yes.

As I said, I like dark.

17. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    Jaina looks hot in the picture under Rebecca191's screen name.

18. MaceWindu73

Aug 29, 2001
    Assuming that the picture is of Jaina for the novel, Jaina is starting to look more and more like a college age girl rather than a high school age girl. I guess its a matter of preference of age compared to your age.

Personally, I prefer Dark Journey Jaina to Young Jedi Knights Jaina.

19. JediJSolo

JediJSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    ?Jaina looks hot in the picture under Rebecca191's screen name.?

Dude! She is fourteen in that picture! There is nothing wrong with being fourteen. A girl can be very beautiful at that age, but that is just to young to be considered hot in my opinion!

20. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Well as I said my only real complaint for the DJ cover is that sea green color around the logo. It sticks out like a sore thumb.

21. obi-wannabe1

obi-wannabe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Jaina is hot in every picture I've seen of her, both YJK and DJ.

She's just damn sexy.

22. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Anyone wonder why on the DJ cover there's an X-wing line drawing with a rebel sign on it? Hmm....intewresting....

23. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Also, that planet on the DJ cover looks like a deformed Coruscant. :eek:

24. MaceWindu73

Aug 29, 2001
    Looks like a cross between Coruscant and the Death Star to me.

Hum.... A reformed Rebel Alliance....doing things the old way.....Could a death star be in the near future?

25. LoveisSuicideSP

LoveisSuicideSP Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    Someone should make a poll about whether or not they like Jaina on the Dark Journey cover. Personally, i think she's a babe. Man, i can't wait for these books now. I haven't been this excited about Star Wars books for a while. Wedge head of the military! Hell Yeah!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.