Rebel Dream and Dark Journey covers!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by neimoidian_85, Sep 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fire_Ice_Death Chosen One

star 7
    Hey, me wonders what's the hottie's name that modeled for Jaina. :D Also, you're right, but it looks like half-eaten Coruscant to me though....Im magnifying these images on Adobe Photoshop and that's what it looks like.
  2. the_jaded_1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Is it just me, or when you zoom in, does the very top X-Wing of the Rebel Dream cover have a green line down it's side?

Does anyone else remember that in COPL, Leia's flagship was named the Rebel Dream too. It was a captured ISD I think. Could this mean something?
  3. Fire_Ice_Death Chosen One

star 7
    Maybe....dunno, but this just like....shocked me. I was talking to KN and the little bastage linked me to TOS and I saw and ever since then I've been very quizzical.
  4. Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus

star 5
    And, I'd like an apology from the half-dozen or so people who jumped all over me when I pronounced a year and a half ago that the NR would be taken to the brink, then have them go back into Rebellion mode.

I said the same thing a long time ago too, but I don't remember being ridiculed.
  5. junio Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmm, I was so excited when I logged on to TOS and read the words: Dark Journey/Rebel Dream. Why? The cover of Dark Journey isn't that good. It's not bad, but I don't love it. It's the whole pictures in covers... I hate that! I so love a beautiful painting that I can't see why on earth would an artist do a picture cover instead of a traditional drawing... Ok, over with my rant. Now to the interesting and good of the first cover: I see the TIE fighters, I see that cockpit. Is that the cockpit of the Falcon, of a TIE, or the view port of the Death Star II? Well, average coverage... So far one of the worse I've seen. Not worse than the Jedi Eclipse cover, but close.

Now, Rebel Dream!!! That's a great cover!! Nice art, I love how they did it. Looks great! One of my favorite covers so far. It kinda reminds me of the older Bantam books.

Also, why the lack of information... They like didn't gave enough info. Oh well, I'm happy. New covers are always nice.
  6. Fire_Ice_Death Chosen One

star 7
    Well...wedge does become the head military commander. Kinda shocking since he'd be the last person I'd put in charge of the military. Sure he's a great pilot, but I doubt the man could handle managing an entire war.
  7. Genghis12 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Darth_Ludicrous...
    "I said the same thing a long time ago too, but I don't remember being ridiculed."

It most likely has to do with the manner one makes their comments. NJO is showing that a lot of things which a lot of people have speculated on for a while are possibly coming true. Speculation regarding a new new Rebellion is not really any different.
  8. PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff

VIP
    star 5
    aaaaaaaaargggggghhhhhh I want those books !!!

OMG those covers are great (yeah, yeah, I know, constructive criticism) !!!

And before reading I have to wait for SbS in July... Grrrrrrrr (I want to curse... can I - okay, okay - no curse)... Life is cruel... :_|
  9. JediFarfy Force Ghost

star 4
    OMG!!!!
    ::falls out of chair::
    I'm more hyper now than after my mocha!

Dark Journey is awsome. How can people like Jaina on the other books?! She had, like, 5 different faces! This is awsome. To quote, um, myself, she has this depressed, crack addict, "I'll kick your butt and cray about it later" look. Awsome.

Rebel Dream could have been better if it was a little more like the X-Wing covers. And, yes, I found some green on that top x-wing!!!! CORRAN!!!! AHHHHH!!! Sorry--a little obsessed.....

:D

JediFarfy
  10. PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Anyway, if you like it, you can put those on you desktop using the wallpaper I made out of those... Yeah, I know, it's no masterpiece, but that should do it nevertheless... :D

1152 x 864
    [image=http://www.lestimbres.ch/nonrelated/Aftermath.jpg]

800 x 600
    [image=http://www.lestimbres.ch/nonrelated/Aftermath1.jpg]
  11. Wes Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think Jaina looks right. She sounds like she is heading to the Dark side and having a dark gothic look is perfect.

It least we know Lando doesn't die in Star By Star. If they killed him I would have gone nuts.

Isn't anyone interested in the fact Wedge is coving the NR retreat? Does this mean the NR is heading into the UR? We might get to see some major Chiss help.
  12. ReaperFett Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    They look AWESOME!

I think IF any CHiss get used, it will be after the FIrst ALlston book. I dont believe they would fal back so far so soon
  13. ReaperFett Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    WHAT IS SEE ON THE DARK JOURNEY COVER

Jaina
    TIE Fighter
    TIE Interceptor
    TIE Cockpit possibly, maybe Falcon
    X-Wing Blueprint
    NR Symbol
    Hapes
    Asteroid or Vong Ship

If there is anything hidden here, it sure is damn cryptic :)
  14. Saurion-Fett Force Ghost

star 4
    I was going to make this my first EU story....but what crap creatures that live outside the force does'nt that contridict every thing YODA say's in ESB

this book belongs in the toilet
  15. Mecca-Don Jedi Knight

star 2
    I happen to like both covers. I think the Rebel Dream cover is a little better than the Dark Journey one but both are cool nonetheless. Is it just me or do the NJO covers seem to be getting better with each new release?
  16. ReaperFett Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    aside from these two, Ive only liked Balance Points so far
  17. wild_karrde Chosen One

star 7
    AWSOME covers!

Jaina kinda reminds me of Faith from Buffy. mmmmmmmmm

And for those who says she used to be hot..... you find a drawing of a 14 year old girl hot?
  18. nightstun Jedi Knight

I think Jaina could pass for a supermodel with those thin lips and even thinner face. and you can't say it doesn't look like her in the other pictures we've seen. In those she is 14-16 now she is 20 and in her time of primal beauty

The way they state the summary for DJ it seems like she is the only one to get away from the vong in SbS

The cover for RD is cool and that summary makes you think a lot as well but we'll get into that on another thread

Nightsun
  19. Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group

VIP
    star 4
    Hmmmm, Jaina looks a bit too old, and not 'nice' enough, I'd say. Plus, she's a CG image or an heavily altered image. No person has such strange facial features. Not as far as I know.
    Something about her eyes reminds me of Gates McFadden (Dr Crusher in Star Trek TNG)...

The overall look is strange, with the schematic and colours and all, but it's cool that they continue adding new styles to the NJO cover gallery.

It's an asteroid, I'm pretty sure about that. Know who's gonna crash into it? Right, the TIE. Don't know how often I've seen that scene from The Empire Strikes Back...

As for Rebel Dream, we do not know if it's still a duology. Plus, the cover style reminds me of Agents of Chaos, but depicting real scenes is a new thing to it. Nice.

But, with Wedge in the lead, doesn't that make him a great character to hit the bucket at BEL's end...?
    I'll quote: "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Quote ends.
  20. jastermereel Jedi Master

star 4
    i ablsoultely love both covers......although DJ doesn't have the same Star Wars cover feel because its dominated by a single image of a single person...normaly there is some sort of collage or group image...or an action scene...but just having Jaina's face(no matter how good looking), just doesn't seem to fit right......but i like it anyway.........and Rebel Dream's cover KICKS BUTT!!!......Wedge looks fantastic for his age and it really looks amazing...why can't all of the covers look like this!?

Saurion-Fett......why are you here?...no offence,for all are welcome in these forums...but...really...from looking at a list of your old posts it seems that you might be new to the lit section......try to show a little respect instead of just jumping in and trashing a book(in the middle of a massive story arc) simply from a paragraph blurb of the series......if you want to insult the sereies at least educate yourself about it a little first......
  21. Anakin SkySolo Force Ghost

star 4
    Jades Fire says--

And, I'd like an apology from the half-dozen or so people who jumped all over me when I pronounced a year and a half ago that the NR would be taken to the brink, then have them go back into Rebellion mode.

Same reaction as the other folk. I've been saying from the start that the NJO would probably follow the tempo of the movie saga. Not an identical plot, just a similar rhythm. This is partly I meant when I said that the NJO has the "feel" of the movies.

I've been looking forward to these summaries of DJ and RD. They look like they'll be fun books to read...

22. MARA-JADE Jedi Knight

star 3
    I love these covers, can't wait for the books!!
  23. Nighthawk_Andy Jedi Knight

star 1
    hmm just can't get used to Jaina, sorry!
    Rebel dream is a great cover......and btw I think that 'asteriod' on Dark journey is almost certainley a Yuzzahn Vong ship.
  24. Jades Fire Jedi Master

star 4
    W88, you were not one of them. Overdone? Yes. Still cool? Not for me anymore. Been there, done that.

The others, well, nothing like a little backpedalling.

You know, it is quite amusing. I didn't name any names, but inevitably the usual suspects will respond by quoting.

Apologies accepted.
    :D

No one has bothered to answer my question about the title of the book. Has it changed again?
  25. Anakin SkySolo Force Ghost

star 4
    I noticed you didn't name any names, Jades Fire. That's kind of the point, isn't it? You make a flat accusation without offering any "beef." When someone offers up some defense based on the simple belief that you may include him in your anonymous "half dozen," you impugn their integrity by accusing them of "backpedaling."

And please don't offer any Orwellian logic to excuse your flame this time (e.g., "if someone thought I was talking about them when I said [blank], that must be because they see themselves in what I said"). I have no memory of jumping on you for saying that the heroes might be forced into a Rebellion-like mode. More to the point, I have no memory of your "bold prediction". I suspected that you may have included me in that "half dozen" because we've tangled over the NJO many, many times in the past 20 months. And you have now implicitly confirmed my suspicion.

Tell me, Jades Fire. Am I lying when I say that I've repeatedly said that this series will probably have the tempo of the movie saga, or something akin to that statement?

Do you recall me saying that Vector Prime had a similar feeling for me to The Phantom Menace, back in early 2000? I recall that I even made a list of parallels between the novel and the movie. That parallel between the movie saga and the NJO is something I have stressed from the beginning. I would have no reason for assailing someone for suggesting a plot development that would fit into the schema I've used repeatedly.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.