Rebel Dream and Dark Journey covers!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by neimoidian_85, Sep 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Master

star 4
    WOW!!! so many things to say... rebellion!.... Dark Jaina....... end of republic?...Wedge in charge!..... Imperial help? so cool... so cool! must have book now!! NOW!!!
  2. Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I know I posted at least once saying I wanted the NR ro get hurt really bad. I'm so happy they are all but dead.
  3. Jades Fire Jedi Master

star 4
    SkySolo,

Lighten up dude! You are taking this WAY too seriously.

All I remember is that I got reamed by someone or a group of someones [I don't even remember the name(s)] when I predicted that Del Rey was probably going to push the NR over the brink in the NJO, then bring them back in Rebellion mode, just like old times, just like Bantam. And I probably said that I didn't think it was very original, bold, or new.

I did NOT flame anyone. I just said "I'd like an apology". I never expected one. You (and others) proceeded to refer to my post or quote me. You could have ignored me, but you have chosen to attack me. This is a thread about the book cover. Why did you choose to turn it into another attack against me? Call it Orwellian logic or whatever you want, but you are the one on the offensive here.

Finally, STOP jumping all over me, or any other person who hangs out in the "NJO Critics Club"; get over this vendetta you have. The "bold prediction" of mine you chose to bold and highlight in your most recent post in this thread. You didn't see me use these words over here in this thread or in the Lit forum did you? No, you didn't. I just posted that a couple hours ago, in another thread, in a separate forum. Are you monitoring me, or the Critics Club thread? If it the "Critics Club" thread (people who don't like the NJO) is not for you, then you seem to spend a lot of time reading what we post over there.
  4. Jades Fire Jedi Master

star 4
    Let's get back on topic here...

For the third time...

I thought they changed the title to DARK JOURNEYS?
  5. obi-wannabe1 Jedi Master

star 4
    I also heard the they changed it to Dark Journeys. Maybe they changed their minds again and changed it back or this cover was created before the title change was decided on.

Or the title never changed and we don't know what we're talking about. :)
  6. Genghis12 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Jade's Fire,
    Calm down hon. I think you're being paranoid regarding Anakin Skysolo. I'm not going to speak for anyone, but I seriously doubt anyone has any vendettas.

For some information, here's a rather old thread where the idea of the NR becoming a new new Rebellion popped up....
    new new Rebellion

I won't claim that F_I_D was anywhere near the first or the only one to claim such a thing. However, it is a reasonable and valid parallel to make - and a number of people besides yourself made it.

However, I don't necessarily see any of them glory-hounding or "me too" backpeddaling.

The simple fact of the matter is that the NJO is Star Wars and will draw upon Star Wars ideas, situations and concepts.

The underdog fight of the Rebellion is a central aspect of what Star Wars encompasses.
  7. suncrusherX Jedi Knight

star 3
    looks like dark journey will be my fav book. Assuming I can get past the cover. Stang! jaina's hot! Plus no jag. You go go kyp.
  8. Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It was called Dark Journeys at a convention. Someone said it wrong. It was always Dark Journey.
  9. Anakin SkySolo Force Ghost

star 4
    Jades Fire--

I don't take this stuff particularly seriously, with a few exceptions. For example, I don't believe that I would have reacted like you did to RAS's jesting comment about a NJO boycott.

However...

I don't like being accused of lying, even in jest. I did NOT backpedal, and when you accused me, and others, of backpedaling, I took it as an accusation of lying. That was what I took as a flame, NOT your original post, boyo. That's why I "jumped" on you in my last post. It had nothing--ZIP--to do with what you said about the NJO.

In light of which--

If you can't recall who "reamed" you, how could you accuse ANYONE of backpedaling? What a baseless accusation!

Finally:

Maybe you forget that the TFN Forums are public forums, including the "NJO Critics Club." Lurking is expressly allowed. I spend as much time in the NJO Critics' Club as it takes to read the posts. No, the Critics' Club isn't for me, but I'm still interested in the criticisms.

Think of this way: You have evidently decided that the NJO isn't for you, but you spend far more time griping about it or satirizing it than I do reading your criticisms, or probably even in responding to them. So why do you spend so much time being concerned about a series of books that isn't for you?

The question is rhetorical, by the way. I have no interest in getting an answer, because I really don't care.
  10. yoda_does_dallas Jedi Knight

star 1
    Massive retreat in large ships fleeing from an overwhelming enemy..... NJO has gone Battle Star Galactica.

;)
  11. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

star 6
    I first found out about these covers in SWGamer#6.

Dark Journey

Jaina or whoever does look like a Goth and I first thought she was Mara, cause she looks more like Mara. Then I checked out the SW.com site and read what the book was about. Other then the visage, I still think its a pretty neat cover. I'm wondering what the Japanese versions are gonna look like.

I still believe that Jaina will be pushed over the gray line with the loss of something non-death related such as losing her ship, or getting captured, losing the ability to fly etc. To me, that would be deep and personal. PLUS, remember the Vong are expermenting on making their own Jedi by brainwashing captured Jedi. What if Jaina is slightly brainwashed, she escapes, and is unstable in the head and falls from grace?

I will jump with joy if the Empire returns as early as Dark Journey or earlier as Star By Star. I can't wait to see the Empire kick some Vong butt again and read about Jagged Fel and Spike Squadron!

Rebel Dream

Very nice cover and probably one of the best so far. Who is that in the starfighter, Wedge Antillies? That faded thing in the upper left corner looks like an upside down partical Rebel Insignia??

So the New Republic has finally become the Rebellion again eh? Thats good, I missed the rogue freedom fighters. Why the missing duology title? Maybe because DEL RAY hasnt finished the covers yet?

Well thats my two credits

12. Dev Sibwarra Jedi Master

star 4
    I said when Rebirth came out that the NR would fall in S^2. Nobody really ignored or attacked me, but I still want an apology. ;)

BTW, now that I look more closely, the top X-Wing does appear to have green markings.
  13. RingoJuna Jedi Knight

star 3
    Man, these covers rock!! I can't wait for these books to hit the streets. Now I just wish they'd make posters out of some of these book covers. And i'm also kinda happy to see the story take a darker edge(well, darker than it has been so far) Darker stories just seem to have more punch and guts going for them. They have a way of grabbing my attention and keeping it. Well, gotta go do my laundry.
  14. KansasNavy Force Ghost

star 4
    Thats a coralskipper x-ploding on RD. There've been alot of X-wing explosions in comics and covers and movies, and that isn't close at all. Not only that, the debris is rocky like an asteroid. Does that symbolize anything: probably not. But it's just something I noticed.
  15. Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The Jania on the cover of DJ looks the same as the one in the title picture for The Cyrstal. Thats why I like it.
  16. Anakin SkySolo Force Ghost

star 4
    Dev--

I said when Rebirth came out that the NR would fall in S^2. Nobody really ignored or attacked me, but I still want an apology.

OK. You got one. I apologize.
  17. Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling

star 5
    For some reason last night, my posts were not posted.

So, I'll try again.

Look closely at the top left-hand corner of Rebel Dream. What does that look like to you??

To me, it looks like some sort of face, but my computers resolution isn't too good.

P.S. The reason I believe Jaina looks much hotter in the younger pics is because I'm 14 years old.

Didn't that thought ever cross your mind(s)??
  18. ReaperFett Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    cant tell.

BTW, anyone think the Rebel Dream one looks a bit like Max Paynes graphic novel parts?
  19. Jades Fire Jedi Master

star 4
    Whatever, AniSS.

I don't know whether to be honored that you stalk me and watch my every post in other forums, or creeped out by it. The latter I think.

Thanks Wedge!
    For answering my question!
  20. Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I just noticed that Wedge has had that helmet for awhile. He had it back at Yavin. Heh.
  21. Genghis12 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Jade's Fire...
    "I don't know whether to be honored that you stalk me and watch my every post in other forums, or creeped out by it. The latter I think."

I find it pretty ironic ;) you would say that Jade's Fire. Just a couple of days ago, you stalked another forum member, posting comments from one thread into an unrelated one to attack that person. If it were a hypothetical situation, I would call such behavior rather hypocritical on your part. :D

However, since it wasn't hypothetical, I am calling your behavior h***********. :D
  22. Anakin SkySolo Force Ghost

star 4
    Jades Fire--

I lurk in one particular literature criticism thread in another forum--a thread in which I don't actively participate because I'm not a NJO critic--and you think I'm STALKING you?

Sheesh. Talk about taking this stuff WAY, WAY too seriously. Get a life, boyo.
  23. wampa Force Ghost

star 4
    Just when I thought I was less interested in SW, here's an update that brings me back. Oh well, I guess there's room in my life for SW even with band, work, my girlfriend, physics homework, the new Onion book, ... what was I talking about? Riiiight.

Dark Journey -
    Personally, I don't think Jaina's that hot here. Something about the face. Too much eye shadow I suppose. I don't mind the Goth look though. Oh, and she has nothing on Jessica Alba (best show ever).

Rebel Dream -
    Return of the Johnny Rebs: Woohoo! 'Bout time. Hopefully this means the return of General Solo & General Calrissian I hope.

I'm sure we're in for a good, humorous, & hopefully long book that'll stop me from peeking in the AotC novelization, screenplay, & comic adaptation.

Fall of the New Republic: I think Homer Simpson said it best, "When will people learn? Democracy doesn't work."

And the question about a new government? It strikes me that all the other eras are named after the Galactic Government. I take it from the name of the new era that now the Jedi will be running things.
  24. Waning Drill Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I like them both. The TIE fighters and the X-wing schematic on DJ's cover were unexpected, but oh well.

Jaina looks very good, seeing as this book is, after all, supposed to be about her "dark journey" towards the dark side. I'm reminded of Luke's appearance in DE when I look at her, which I'm guessing was the artists' desired reaction. My only complaint is that the glow from the X-wing makes her eyes look like Isard's (the potato-shaped asteroid and Death Star-lookalike are but minor quibbles).

And RD is excellent... One of the best covers ever to adorn a SW novel. I'm getting some serious ANH vibes off of that one.
  25. JWK Jedi Master

star 4
    Rebecca191 i agree with you that the green color of the Star Wars The New Jedi Order on Dark Journey sticks out. It just has a blue outline to it. However the rest of the Cover looks-AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jaina Solo is hot. You have to say that. I'd ask her out on a date if she existed. But she doesn't. Darn!

Rebel Dream Kick Yong Arse! The Rebellion finally being reformed so we can start winning. I so can't wait for these books to come out.

And I won't get SBS until Christmas! No!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.