main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rebel Dream title speculation (poss. spoiler?)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by dp4m, Dec 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    All -

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but I haven't seen it so... I was rereading the Wraith/X-Wing novels this past week and came across the fact, in Solo Command, that Leia's personal flagship way back when she was heading off to Hapes was called "Rebel Dream." Since Allston wrote that novel and he's writing the upcoming novel Rebel Dream, is it possible that it signals that Leia has completely forsaken her vow to not get involved with the NR and is actually going to take it over?

There's been some good knowledge/speculation that they're going to go back to rebellion-styled fighting against the Vong. Perhaps she's going to set herself up as the Mon Monthma of the Vong invasion?

2. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    My guess -- she and han are gonna be concentrating on their kids.

I'm pretty sure Wedge is going to be leading the fight, I'm pretty sure they're going to be fighting guerilla style like in the Rebellion/X-wing days.

3. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Intresting connection, and it will be good to see a new JEDI led rebellion.
    This new Jedi rebellion would of been the rebellion against the Empire if the jedi were fighting it.
    That's the thought I get.

4. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    I cant wait till RD comes out. Im really looking forward to seeing our favorite heroes fight Rebellion-style, just like 'the old days.' Also, Im very curious about how Allston will write these novels. After all, his previous novels have been action packed stories laced generously with liberal doses of comedy. Considering the ultra dark, serious tone of the NJO, what can we expect from Mr. Allston ? Will he write in the style that were used to, or will it be a dark, more NJO type tale, especially considering the events of SbS? I, as Im sure the rest of you out there are, am very curious indeed to see the final products in April and June.

5. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    A very good point, however I doubt this dou to the fact we are led to belive this is more post NR then Jedi.

6. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    I remember making that point and I think I was informed that ISD Rebel Dream had been destroyed (or decommisioned) at some point.

7. thrawn11217

thrawn11217 Jedi Youngling

Feb 12, 2001
    As far as i know the Rebel Dream was the "Tyrant" before it was captured by RA. I read someware that it was recaptured by the Empire about a year later.

8. cavalier_one

cavalier_one Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2001
    As far as I know, the Rebel Dream first appeared in COPL, which is set after the Wraiths, but written before. This would make it Dave Wolverton's creation. The Rebel Dream was lost during the fighting between the death of Zsinj and Thrawn's reign.

9. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Imps retook it

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    To continue this thread (hanging very thinly, I might add) if the Imps retook it, and it's now in the Imperial Remenant with Pellaeon (he still there?). Maybe it's a signal that they're joining up with the remains of the NR and as a token of appreciation they give the flagship back to Leia and claim they'll only negotiate with her?

11. Ghent42

Ghent42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    About the title- actually, I think it has absolutely nothing to do with the ship. Do the authors even get to name the books? I don't know, Del Rey and LF are so into controlling everything, they probably picked the authors before the titles. And even if he did get to name the book, I don't see him naming it after some obsscure ship from his books that really played no part in them.

12. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    Book naming is generally a collective effort- writers and editors suggest names, then it's narrowed down.

13. Lord_Riven

Lord_Riven Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Sorry to dash everyones hopes but the Rebel Dream was recaptured by the Empire by the ISD Peremptory. (EC).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.