main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsabers & Blasters Rebel Fleet Troopers - Hasbro Blaster

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Shivann_D, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fett

fett Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 1999
    Nice, I'm looking to get one of the rebel ones and one of the clone ones. The clone one looks too small but it will be fun to just have around.

2. studiocreations

studiocreations Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2000
    Hit 2 other Walmarts in my area this afternoon and have not found another RFT Blaster or Clone Blaster yet. Either they are keeping the toys in the 'back' untill the shelves are free for more product, or the supply is trickling in slowly.

3. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    Got mine at Walmart today. Aside from the sickly colors, the detail and size are good.

4. Shivann_D

Shivann_D Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    Here is the link for the IN STOCK Rebel Blaster
    http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=406241
    I just found it on there. I am not sure of the shipping but at least it has been officially released on their site.....

WAHOOOOOOOO

5. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    I was at TRU and Target this am. Not only were there no RFT blasters, there was hardly any Star Wars products on the shelves. Since starwarshops indicate "instock now" I may buy it there.

6. Shivann_D

Aug 28, 2006
    I would wait....they are over the retail price on the blasters. You can order them fom Hasbro but then you pay shipping. They should be in the stores on the east coast within a couple of weeks, so I would assume that it will be a shorter time period the farther west you go, since California already has them out.

7. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    I ordered it from Hasbro.

8. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I searched about 5 stores this weekend, no luck. Is it a Wal Mart exclusive, or will TRU, Target and K-Mart carry it?

9. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006
    That's what I am wondering.

10. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    They should eventually be available from Target.

Here are some quotes from another message board from one of our So Cal Rebel Legion guys ("Tigerantillies") who works for Target:

"Ok, I've done my research and here's what I found:
    Target DPCI: 087-06-1330
    Toys R Us SKU: 078430

Apparently the Target numbers seem to be tied to the electronic blaster from ROTS, those were recalled I think for some reason (not safety, but because they were making something else). The distribution centers show they have them, but I'll be darned if I know when any store is going to get some, much less mine. I'll keep yall posted tho."

"There's problems with the DPCI's for Target so they wont be hitting the floors for a little while. I'll talk with the supervisor over there and see when the next reset is to see about a street date for them. The one we had was blue.

The one at Target is blue, the one from the California Science Center was green."

11. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    For those of you who have found this, was it in the Star Wars section, or the Nerf section?

12. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I used the DCPI numbers and just scored two Galactic Marines and a Rebel Fleet Trooper Nerf Blaster at a local Target in Colorado!!! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

They were not out front, but I used the courtesy phone, this kid came up, punched in the numbers into his handheld computer and hed them brought out. Too cool!!! :D

They also have the nerf Clone blasters still in stock (in back) and possibly more RFT blasters. The TAC figures are in, but in the back also. So if you're looking for the new stuff and want to head to Colorado Mills in Golden, CO, you can try to score!

Good kuck!!!

(Best day of figure hunting for me--ever)

BTW, the Galactic Marine looks absolutely awesome. :D [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

The RFT blaster looks great. I haven't taken it out of the box yet, but it looks like it'll just need a bit of primer and some black and silver paint and it'll be good to go!

13. Shivann_D

Aug 28, 2006
    do you have the DCPI numbers for the figs you picked up....also I went on the TRU site and the Target site and neither of the come up with anything when I put in the item number or the DCPI number...

14. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    TAC Figures: 087-06-1990

Nerf Blasters: 087-06-1330

Good hunting!!!

BTW, I'm painting my RFT blaster now. Pics to follow soon...

15. Shivann_D

Aug 28, 2006
    I just got back from the local Target here in Virginia and the DCPI number in their system comes up as the assortment of blasters with the Grevious, Clone and Stormtrooper in the old format. I am not sure why but they pipsqueek that I talked to wasnt very receptive to checking any of the other boxes....ERRRRRRRR

Please post the pics when you are done.....cant wait.

16. fett

Feb 9, 1999
    I used the DCPI to get one clone and one rebel blaster here in San Diego. The clone blaster is too small but the rebel blaster is awesome.

17. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    You asked for pictures, you got 'em:

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/obey_wann_ff/album/576460762392745683

I have both my RFT blaster, and a new sidearm for my Jayne costume. I love Nerf. [face_devil] [face_love]

18. OutlawImpy

OutlawImpy Jedi Master star 2

Dec 1, 2003
    Those look really great. I'm gonna go to Wal Mart and check again tomorrow.

Gotta love the Maverick. I used it as a blaster prop in my fanfilm and I know at least one other guy that did too. It's really an impressive looking little toy.

Can't wait to see what the clone blaster looks like when it's painted.

19. fett

Feb 9, 1999
    Way too small...nice, but very small.

20. jobo1977

jobo1977 Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2007
    Hi All, I just wanted everyone to know that you can buy the HASBRO REBEL TROOPER BLASTER from STAR WARS.COM It's an ugly blue color, But it can be painted. They have them in stock now for $27.99. I was looking all over for them but could not find it. After reading it here thatc tey might be recalled I ordered one.

21. jobo1977

jobo1977 Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2007
    STARWARS.COM has the rebel trooper blasters in stock for $27.99. Just need to repaint them black.

22. studiocreations

Jul 18, 2000
    I went to my Walmart again today and low and behold they had another RFT blaster on the shelf (and a couple of the CloneTrooper DC-15 blaster pistols).

This RFT blster was Blue and Orange in color , not green and orange like the one I got a week ago. Also the artwork on the back of the packaging was a different color (the green blaster had a black RFT blaster shown on the back, while this blue blaster shows a blue blaster. Must have been a different batch to come out of China ).

Either way, this is two RFT's that I have in my possession now. i will open up the Blue blaster as I think it is going to be the most common one to show up on the shelves.

Will post images shortly.

-Jeff

23. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Well, coming from Aus I've decided to put one on order - but I'll be checking out Mr Toys Toyworld when I go there after work tonight in desparate hope that they'll have the RFT blaster... Will report back findings to the odd Brisbaneites [face_thinking]

24. studiocreations

Jul 18, 2000
    Below are images comparing the Hasbro toy next to the Master Replicas Resin Prop.

There seems to be only 2 inches difference in length, and the bodies seem to be only about 1/4 inch different in diameter.

The mainly difference in length seems to stem from the main body of the gun, not the bare metal barrel part. I think the hardcore modders out there will have fun making this toy into a more accurate replica for their RFT costume.

The Singlepoint Sight is very close to being identical between the two.

WOW! Hasbro out did themselves this time.

[image=http://www.studiocreations.com/howto/rebelfleettrooper/images/rftblaster_mr_vs_hasbro_01.jpg]
    [image=http://www.studiocreations.com/howto/rebelfleettrooper/images/rftblaster_mr_vs_hasbro_02.jpg]

25. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    It took next to no effort to replace the cocking ring with a D-ring. It works really well. However I did reinforce the cocking rod with a piece of square dowel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.