main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsabers & Blasters Rebel Fleet Troopers - Hasbro Blaster

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Shivann_D, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shivann_D

Shivann_D Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    Does it unscrew or did you have to cut it off and replace it. Can you post a detail pic of the endcap with the D-ring. Thanks

2. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Just got a 2nd blaster. These things are beautiful. [face_love]

3. jobo1977

jobo1977 Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2007
    Rebel FLeet Trooper blasters are at Target. I got two today. They also had the Clone Trooper blaster.

4. jobo1977

jobo1977 Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2007
    Hey Everyone, wasn't sure how to use this at 1st. But my wife showed me how...DUH. Anyway. Target has the Rebel Trooper & Clone Trooper blasters. The blaster is a green & tan color, while the clone is a royal blue. Both look good, but are in serious need of a paint job. I've seen the rebel trooper blaster in a blue color here on the net. I ordered one from Star Wars.com. It showed a blue one. Makeing modifications right now. A lil sanding, some primer, & should be ready to paint tomorrow.

5. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Wooo~ My RFT blaster has gotten out of America and is being processed by customs in Aus. (I love USPS mail tracking :) )

Soon I shall have my shiny new toy. I can't wait. :D [face_dancing]

6. TheMuffin

TheMuffin Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2005
    Just picked up a Storm Trooper blaster today at Wal-Mart. I must say Hasbro has impressed me with this one.

7. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I was able to get a couple more of these and will be painting them shortly. They are great with a good paint job. :D

8. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Finally got my hands on a blaster - Lot of fun they are, and they look pretty good. Mine is in the hands of a friend now, getting painted up. Can't wait to see the end result :)

9. fett

fett Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 1999
    I repainted my blaster and used it for an event on Saturday (On the far left)
    http://tinyurl.com/yp2uwa

Nobody could tell it was a hasbro blaster until I told them.

10. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    Just got mine (blue version) on ebay. Anyone have any advice on how to "convert" these? I've repainted blasters in the past, but this time I'd like to do a more professional job. No more wild hacksawing and spraying a coat of flat black down and calling it a day.
    IE, what kind of sand paper is best for taking off the logos and warnings? What sort of stuff is the best for filling in the gaps and cracks? What kind of paint should I use?
    The rebel fleet trooper blaster is the best. It is the most widely used blaster in the saga! It is used by Rebel Fleet Troopers, imperial officers, death star troopers, Hoth rebel soldiers, and I'm sure it would work with an Endor soldier costume.

11. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Coarse, then finer and finer. The next one should preferably be less than twice the "grit count" than the previous. Remove the old dust thoroughly in-between grits to remove any coarser dust that could scratch the finer finish.
    If you use a primer, then sand also with fine sand paper (600 or more) after the primer has fully cured, before painting. A lot of work, but this is the way to get a professional-looking result.

I recommend some type of "epoxy putty" as it is odorless and has the consistency of sculpting clay. There are several brands, most common are Milliput and Tamiya. They can be found in stores for model building.

I have been recommended Krylon Fusion for plastic. Never used it myself, though as I have not been able to find it in my country.
    "Satin black" for the most parts. Some paints marked "flat black" are good enough. Maybe a little bit glossier finish for the grip, because the real ones were made of black plastic. The scope does not have a perfect smooth finish, but the scope rings and scope's knobs do. A common trick, said to "bring a blaster to life" is to use different finishes or just different brands of paint for different parts.
    I could tell you a whole lot more. Painting a plastic blaster to make it look real is almost an art form. :)

The real DH-17s were made from the same British Sterling machine gun as the Stormtrooper blaster. Therefore, pics of the E-11 Stormtrooper Blaster can be used for reference to this blaster also. The real scope was of the Singlepoint brand.

Good luck!

12. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    Awesome...awesome. Thanks a bundle. I'm off to the hardware store!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.