main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rebel Hearts 2: **Fathers and Sons** - Complete!!! Book 3 News - 06/18!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Mira_Terrik, Jul 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    <brings Merry and Pippin in to help>

Merry: FOR THE ADMIRAL!

Pippin: FOR MIRA!

<watches the hobbits charge forward with their short swords before pulling back to pelt DRL with several rocks>

2. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Mithril! Mithril! Get the Authors some Mithril!

3. TheBiggerFish

TheBiggerFish Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    *runs in with Gimli and points him towards the orcs and DRL*

C'mon! You can take 'em!

*watches Gimli run off to kill Orcs*

[face_laugh] I LOVE watching him fight! He always has so much fun!

4. Mira_Terrik

Mira_Terrik Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2002
    (picks up a file folder marked NOTES FROM THE LAST OFFICE MEETING on it. Eyes transfixed as if in some dreamworld, she cradles the documents gently.)

It is a strange fate that we should answer the phone and attend seminars because of Real Life ... Darth Real Life.

(Snaps out of hypnotic state, picks up bag, throws it over right shoulder and begins marching onward.)

5. TheBiggerFish

Mar 26, 2001
  6. Mira_Terrik

Feb 27, 2002
    Strolling into a beautiful big room, she stops to look at a mural along the western wall. It is an image of the great Hero of Old standing proud against the enemy. In the Hero's left hand is a ream of copy paper. In the right, pointing upward is a black mechanical pencil. The Hero is valiantly fighting against the Dark Lord MindDrawsABlank.

Feeling a set of steely eyes staring at her, she turns to see a skinny yet kingly man watching her intently.

Mira: You are no writer.

Skinny Yet Kingly Man: Men of the South are welcomed here.

Mira: Who are you?

Skinny Yet Kingly Man: I am a friend to Gandalf - The Gray Felt Tip Pen User.

Mira (small smile): Then we are here on common purpose. Friend.

She turns to see a pedestal and a little podium directly across from her. Taking 3 steps, she stops and stares at the blessed items: A black barrel mechancial pencil, a clear tube, and several broken leads.

In awe, she gently picks up the small tool.

Mira: The Pentel ClicErase II! The pencil that started writing the initial notes for Fathers and Sons ...

Since the tip is not sharp thus unable to draw blood, she instead recalls her recent battle with Darth Writer's Block and how she is constantly struggling to overcome it. The ClicErase II gives a little hope.

Feeling steely eyes on her again, she turns and holds the skinny yet kingly man's gaze briefly. She sets the pencil back on the podium and starts to turn away. The ClicErase II falls to the floor with an almost inaudible "tink".

Mira (softly): ... but no more than an empty barrel.

She leaves the little room and heads out to explore the rest of Writtendell, with hopes of finding some ideas ...

... and a Man of Gondor.

7. Jaina_Fel_06

Jaina_Fel_06 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2002
  8. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    LOL [face_laugh] Mira, you never cease to amaze (and amuse :p) me, my friend! :D

~JPS~

9. Mira_Terrik

Feb 27, 2002
    Heehee, thanks Jaina_Fel_06 and JPS! I try my best to put a creative spin on things even when I'm not feeling creative at all. :D

At this rate, I'll be journeying through various other locales till I get out of this stinkin rut!

Sighs contently as she continues on looking for ideas and the elusive-yet-brave-yet-troubled-yet-handsome Man of Gondor.

Edit: for typos. :)

10. Gr-Adm-Thrawn

Gr-Adm-Thrawn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 1, 2002
    Hilarious !

totally !

men eh he he

ha ha ha ha ha

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

the Admiral

11. TheBiggerFish

Mar 26, 2001
    hey! you're calling MY Aragorn skinny?

*harumph*

try THIS pic - (bring your drool buckets though) [face_love]

But a hilarious way of showing DWB Mira! [face_laugh]

12. Mira_Terrik

Feb 27, 2002
    Hiyas, everyone! :D

(chuckling) First off, TheBiggerFish, that's quite the picture of Viggo, I admit! 8-} I must counter that though with a pic of Sean Bean - one of my favourite actors since I saw "Patriot Games" in the theatre years ago. (I have a tendency to enjoy the work of actors who, ahem, die alot in their movies. hehe) Here is my hunky contribution: Sean Bean Goodness [face_love]

As you probably figured out by my post previously (I'm still cracking myself up over that), I've been felled by the worst enemy of an author: Writer's block. It's vexed me for almost two weeks now and it's the first real block I've had since before "Interlude". I do apologize for the wait, everyone and I truly appreciate your patience.

So, until I am able to drag myself out of this or until some spark of inspiration hits me due to words from my co-author, we won't be updating for a wee bit. I will, however, keep you updated with fun little things to help pass the time.

Again, I truly apologize - Nothing beats the mind drawing a blank when you're so close to completing a story.

~Mira

--------------

The Fellowship have been brought into the sheltering and comforting confines of Lothbubblebath. Bubbles tinted with lavender float up from deep wells below. Two figures - a man and a woman - come slowly down a flight of steps. They are tall and beautiful and are surrounded by a luminous white light.

Celeborn: Fifteen chapters of ?Fathers and Sons? are completed yet the story is not quite over. Tell me, where is Mira_Terrik? For I greatly wish for her and the Admiral to continue on.

The Lady of Light looks from each member, her eyes fall on Aragorn. She stares deeply into his eyes, reading his thoughts.

Galadriel: She has not written anything more than two pages of Chapter Sixteen.

Legolas: She has fallen into a writing block of both thought and word. A slump of Two Weeks. For she went needlessly into the net of compiling several ideas at once and thus, burned herself out.

Galadriel: Needless are none of the ideas Mira has dreamed up. We do not yet know the fate of each thought.

She stares solemnly at Gimli.

Galadriel: Do not let the great emptiness of no new updates fill your heart, Gimli, son of Gloin. For the world is full of authors who suffer as such .. and in all lands patience is now mingled with uncertainty.

Turning her bright eyes on Boromir, the Captain-General of Gondor feels a great weight upon him. A voice is whispering seductively inside his head thus making the man?s plight - whether to use the new Papermate Visibility Retractable Pen or the Bic XXL Metallic Ball Point Pen - more perilous. Overcome with shame, he looks away.

Celeborn: What now becomes of the Partnership? Without Mira submitting drafts to the Admiral, hope is lost.

Galadriel: The story stand on the edge of being finished. Stray but a little and the next chapter will be written in haste and none of us want that. Yet, hope remains while the readers are patient. Do not let your hearts be troubled. Tonight, you will rest and ....

Her voice continues but somewhere in Eastern Canada, a woman is sitting in front of her computer with soundless whispers in her mind.

?Take a bubble bath, Mira_Terrik .. the one who has Writer?s Block!?

-------------

(sigh) :(

13. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    LOL! [face_laugh] ROFL! Mira, that was ingenous, my friend! Bravo! :D

~JPS~

14. TheBiggerFish

Mar 26, 2001
    mmmmm.....that is indeed a gorgeous picture of Sean Bean (who I DO love) but I didn't know he was in Patriot Games?

He was in that with Harrison Ford wasn't he? wow, that's a lot of hunky goodness.

HEY!!!!! VIGGO MORTENSEN WAS IN THE WITNESS WITH MY HARRISON TOO!!!!! AAAAAAHHHHH!!! I JUST FIGURED THAT OUT!!!!!!

*runs out to buy/rent copies of patriot games and the witness, so she can drool the stress away*

That's was hilarious Mira! I take it you have the FOTR EE DVD? I don't. :(

Don't worry, the faithful (meaning the reader :p) will never give up on the wonderful author/s. :D

15. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    poor Mira!!! :( I feel the same way. havent been able to write anything lately . . its been a month and half since i last posted on Harmony . . . but then i knwo because ive been depressed and sooo busy os i understand!!!

16. Mira_Terrik

Feb 27, 2002
    Heehee, thanks JPS, TBF, and MJ1011. Your support and faith during this time of great sorrow and much toil means a lot. :D

TBF, I do have the "The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring" DVD special edition .. and I'm re-reading the books now. I read them ages ago but I'm refreshing myself. Hehe.

Since I'm in the sharing mood tonight, here's my favourite pic of Sean Bean in character as Boromir: Black & White Boromir

I have this image as my wallpaper at the moment - thus making me want to just sit and stare and swoon. (sigh)

Anyhoo .. off I go for now. Who knows where the Fellowship of the Readers will end up next? ;)

Edit: to fix stupid link! :D

17. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    *cracks up laughing* good stuff, guys! LOL- I love LoTR! Mira, I sure hope you get past your WB soon! but until then...this LoTR stuff is pretty cute! [face_laugh]

18. Tara-Ancalime

Tara-Ancalime Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2003
    Have no fear- the Ruling Queen of Numenor is here! :D

19. TheBiggerFish

Mar 26, 2001
    :( I want the EE so badly! But oh well, 'tis only for those with money. :(

20. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    **bows to the First Ruling Queen of Numenor**

I practically have the LOTR Appendix memorized! :D

**Saber runs in with Eowyn next to her, with a giant army of plot bunnies behind her, looking fiercely cute**

CHARGE! FOR MIRA!!!!

**the bodyguard, her plotbunnies, her friend, and her ballpoint pen rush in thread to bodyguard Mira**

Will the bunnies type the orcs of DRL to death? Will Eowyn take up her sword or the makeup that Faramir gave her for Christmas- I mean, Yule (ala LOTR)? :p Find out next time on the Fellowship of the Readers!! :D

21. ROGUE_49

ROGUE_49 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    hey- did I post after the last post? I know I disappeared for a couple days, but I remember coming back to catch up- I didin't see my reply post though... *shrug* well- good job anyways- Mira post soon?

-Rogue

22. TheBiggerFish

Mar 26, 2001
    an army of plot bunnies eh?

hmmm....

*thinks of great idea*

*pulls out a shirtless, dead sexy Sean Bean and puts it behind a glass wall*

THIS will be your present for overcoming DWB. :)

*Sean flexes*

*Mira swoons*

:p

23. Jaina-Solo-Fel13

Jaina-Solo-Fel13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2002
    I'm BACK on the thread!!!!!!! *pauses while everyone claps* *takse bows* Sorry I left for so long, but for some reason my computer couldn't find your thread and all this other junk happened. :( I'm back now and I must say that this last post was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D I have a new post up on Love Never Dies, just so everyone knows. :)

24. Mira_Terrik

Feb 27, 2002
    We interrupt Mira?s Writer?s Block to bring you this exciting offer!

The lights go up and three women emerge from the shadows. The one on the left is petite and is wearing white senatorial robes. Her hair is braided neatly in a bun pinned on her head like a crown.

The second woman is the taller of the three. She is wearing a long sapphire gown that matches her eyes. Long blonde/silver hair cascades down her back in shimmering waves.

The third is a woman dressed in casual pants and a blouse. Her short black hair frames her girlish face. On a belt at her waist is a holdout blaster.

Leia: Good evening everyone and welcome to the Holonet Shopping Network! I?m Leia Organa Solo, Smuggler?s Wife, sister to a certain Jedi Master and mother.

Syal: I don?t have to tell you who I am. (Smiles sweetly at the camera.)

Mirax: I?m Mirax Terrik-Horn. You may not recognize me but you must assuredly do my husband, Corran Horn. And for those of you who don?t ... No worry - He?ll be in your face soon enough.

Leia (clearing her throat): Like so many thousands of others in this galaxy, we?re married to obstinate, insufferable beings as well. Better known throughout the universe as Corellians.

Syal: Now, don?t get us wrong. We love our husbands dearly but some days -

Mirax: - we just want to throttle them.

All three nod in agreement.

Syal: Well, if you?re like us, there are just some days where dealing with our husbands can be quite a strain. In an effort to help others like ourselves, Leia, Mirax, and I have complied this:

From the layers of her robes, Leia reveals a rather thick book and holds it up proudly.

Leia: That?s right, people. The Survivor?s Guide to Living with Corellians. Just what you?ve been waiting for!

Mirax: This 624-page pamphlet contains the most up-to-date pointers on how to deal with that stubborn Corellian. Force knows just writing this was therapeutic for me. *sigh*

Syal: And if you order now, we?ll include this bonus music disk: Singin in the Shower (Cos We Can?t Sing for Our Supper) : Songs from Coronet City!

Mirax: This amazing 13 disk collection has classic Corellian tunes you?ll be humming along with for years! Songs such as:

Smuggler?s Blues (to the tune of the Beverly Hillbillies)

I got me a Wookiee
    and I got me a ship.
    Gonna pack up our bags and take a little trip.
    Gonna take out Greedo with a shot right to the gut
    then leave Tatooine before paying off the Hutt!

Jabba, that is! Slimy piece of worm-ridden filth!

Leia: And who could forget the next ditty: #1 on the Galactic Billboard Top 20 for 3 straight days!

I?m Too Sexy (to the tune of, well, you know!)

I?m too sexy for my X-wing
    Too sexy for X-wing
    Whistler, why are ya leavin?

I?m too sexy for Corsec
    Too sexy for Corsec
    They were all jealous of me

I?m a Jedi, if you know what I mean
    and my telekinesis really stinks (really stinks)
    Yeah, I?m a Jedi, Super-Cool Jedi
    and the best Corellian in the land!

Pan over to Mirax, who is covering her eyes.

Mirax: See what I have to live with? And you thought you had it rough!

Syal: And exclusive on Singin in the Shower, you?ll hear FOR THE FIRST TIME this song that will surely rise to the top of the charts!

The Lamentation of Baron Fel (sung to the tune of Betty Davis Eyes)

They?ve got blue skin and jet-black hair
    and walk around like they just don?t care
    Thrawn was exiled but they took him back
    He?s got gleaming crimson eyes.

The Unknown Regions are a place to behold
    My wife is there with her hair like gold
    You have plenty to fear if you see the Chiss
    They?ve got beady crimson eyes.

Leia: Those songs and many others are just part of the Corellian Collection! For only 69 credits you?ll get the Survivor?s Guide to Living with Corellians as well as the bonus 13 disk set, Singin in the Shower(Cos We Can?t Sing for Our Supper): Songs from Coronet City.[

25. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    [face_laugh] waht a bargain! [face_laugh] and glad to hear there will be a new postie soon! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.