main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rebel Hearts 2: **Fathers and Sons** - Complete!!! Book 3 News - 06/18!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Mira_Terrik, Jul 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Wonderful way to end the story, Mira, Admiral! :D :D Han and Soontir.... [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

2. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    :_| oh, no!!!! it's over!!!! :_| but what an ending, Mira and Admiral!! wow! lovely lovely mush [face_love] Jag is soo... [face_love]

[face_laugh] "Reviewing her troops!?!" they both exclaimed at the same time. [face_laugh] Han and Soontir are the best!!

what an amazing story, you two! i can't believe it's over. Thanks so much for all the laughs and romance and action and drama in this installment! it was KILLER!

I'll be patiently waiting for the next story! :D

3. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    Wonderful post, Mira, Admiral! :D He he he, we love our J/J mush [face_love] ;) Han and Soontir was great! Lol! [face_laugh]

"Oh my GOD." Han cursed. "My grandkid is gonna be half Fel."

"Easy for you to say, my grandkid is gonna be part Solo."

Han flashed the infamous grin again. "Oh boy, you're gonna love force-sensitive grandkids."

Excellent work, as always! :D

~JPS~

4. Tinuviel_Jyana

Tinuviel_Jyana Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Great ending! I look forward to seeing your next installment when it does come out. until then... adieu ;)

5. Rogue11JS

Rogue11JS Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    JUST FINISHED!!!!!!!!!

WONDERFUL ABSOULUTY MARVOLOUS!!!!!!!!

Couldnt have written it better!

So is there a sequal in the making??????

6. Reesie

Reesie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2002
    Excellent job, Thank you. Cheers

7. Jaina-Solo-Fel13

Jaina-Solo-Fel13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2002
    Wow. It's over. Until the next book, but that's an amazing story. You should be proud of yourselves. Amazing job. This last post was touching because Han and Soontir finally get along. And yes both of their kids wih be part the other. If that makes any sense. Probably not, but oh well. Wonderful story! WONDERFUL!

8. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    GREAT last postie, guys!!!!! i cnt believe that this is finished, but the last postie had some breat lines in there! Soontir and Han were funny as ever, and their "finding out" was halarious. J/J mush = :) :) :)! nice job.... look fwd to the next book when it comes!

-jj00

9. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    awwwwwwwww that was adorable guys!!!

so, is it too soon to be asking for the sequel?? You are going to write a sequel, aren't you? Somewhere I remember hearing that this was part of a trilogy. If you do, could you PM me the link when it starts? I'd love it. Thanks!

10. Jaina_Fel_06

Jaina_Fel_06 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2002
    That was an unbelievable ending, you guys!! It made me go :_|, and [face_love], and :D, and [face_laugh]! Han and Soontir were hilarious, and Jag and Jaina were so... [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]!!

I can't believe this is over! It was amazing throughout the whole thing. Excellent, excellent job. :)

11. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Wow.

I just can't believe it's over...even if that was an AMAZING way to end it...

I feel like I did when Getting Over It was over...absolutely...depressed.

*sigh*

Yeah, anyways, this is one of the best stories I've ever read bar none. And I think it's all in the characterizations. You two are absolutely incredible when it comes to that. I've been blown away in every single post. You especially demonstrated this well in this last post. Soontir and Han were absolutely incredible. Amazing is an understatement.

Han flashed the infamous grin again. "Oh boy, you're gonna love force-sensitive grandkids."
    Just one of their exchanges I loved!

I can't really think of anything to say here...cuz I can't use my "line". So...

Thanks for the journey, you two! :)

12. Rebel_Princess89

Rebel_Princess89 Jedi Master star 1

Jan 29, 2003
    Phenomenal :D Absolutely amazing
    The ending was really good, nice and smoothly.
    The whole story was just unbelivable, the romance, the realtionships, the arguments, the chracters and the battle scenes were written perfectly.

Oh, and...
    "Will you stop with that grin of yours!" Soontir groaned, shifting his mechno chair to face the Corellian.

"Why?" Han replied, challenging.

"Because ..." Syal thinks it's most charming. He waved the thought away. "Forget it."
    LOL
    Superb . :)
    Eagerly awaiting the sequel.

13. pengwin_jibberish

pengwin_jibberish Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2002
    Wha...
    It's done? ... It's over?
    There's no more?
    :(

Okay other than the end of the story depression that was a really wonderful post.
    Great humor and romance.
    Man the whole story was amazing.
    It sure didn't feel like this has been going on since July.
    The time sure went by fast.

14. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Perfect ending!

You must be proud. There was a lot of work and love put into your writing. Congrats on an awesome story. It must feel amazing to have accomplished that and have so many devoted readers. Can't wait until you start the next part.

Bravo!

15. ROGUE_49

ROGUE_49 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    Great job guys. You done good 8-}

Someone come and find me when the last book goes up if I don't jump on it right away, lol. :D

I don't want to miss it.

-Rogue

16. TheBiggerFish

TheBiggerFish Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    Right then, so this is my last ever review post here? Well......no holds barred this time!!!! [face_mischief]

Smiling, he whispered, "I'm all yours." then leaned in for another kiss.

I don't know what it was, but as soon as I read that line I practically melted. *sigh* [face_love]

Han shifted in his chair, wincing as the med droid did something that would have been called torture in N.R.I. facilities. Too proud to have the upper hand on Soontir, he composed his face and went on. "Where's your kid?"

"Dunno - Where's yours?" Soontir grinned.

Those two are hilarious when they get together and 'Tir isn't in Stiff Upper Lip mode! [face_laugh]

"Actually, I was thinking about what Syal and Leia might do."

heehee.....I guess they've realised their wives have all the power in the family unit. But that would have been funny, seeing both of them getting a dressing down by their wives [face_laugh]

"Besides, your daughter is respectable ... I mean, she takes on your wife's side. She knows what she's doing. Right?"

"Jaina ... yeah. She's a good kid. She knows right from wrong. So, your boy is well groomed ... I mean Syal taught him well. Right?"

I thought it was funny that when they were listing the good points of each other's kids, they said Syal and Leia were the better half of the family. hee hee.....

"Fel-Solo." Soontir leaned over and elbowed Han.

"Solo-Fel." Han poked him back with a little more effort.

they sound like quarreling grandparents already, and the fact that they're in wheelchairs right now only adds to the hilarious image.....why is it that as men get older, they get younger? [face_laugh

"Yeah. Han Jr. Solo Fel."

"No! Soontir Jr. Fel Solo."

All the Gods of the Galaxy NO!!!!!! Jr? *shudders*

"I"ve got some Corellian brandy on the Falcon. Interested?"

"I'm there."

*rolls eyes* Correlians......gotta love 'em ;) [face_love]

Han looked over at the other man and recognized himself in the sombre expression. Yet, he saw hope there also, in the glimmer of Fel's remaining eye and it echoed the belief he carried - would always carry - deep inside.

Oh yeah, Jacen's not back in this story yet, is he? hmmm..... [face_I_see_a_possible_story_plot] :p

AdMiral - it's been an amazing journey that isn't finished yet, not by a long shot. Thanks for making the ride worthwhile, and I swear on Correlia - that blessed planet that produces all the most stubborn, insufferable, scruffy, love-able, gorgeous men in the galaxy - that I'll be here until the very end of the Trilogy. :)

*bows to Mira and the Admiral*

Hail! Superior Writing Talent!

*bigfishy tackle/hugs Mira and the Admiral*

:D

*brings out special celebratory Sean Bean and Eliza Dushku for Mira and the Admiral, respectively*

Yours to keep! :)

17. Jedi_jainafel

Jedi_jainafel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    *Tear trickles down cheek*

Awww.....Nice speech Mira, as you can see it made me cry!!!!!!

*Wipe's away tear's*

Ok, getting back to reviewing....

Jag broke the kiss, pulling back but kept Jaina in his arms. "I'm guessing that you're happy to see me?"

Jaina grinned. "If you don't have to be anywhere right away, I could continue showing you how happy I am to see you."

Smiling, he whispered, "I'm all yours." then leaned in for another kiss.

That....i loved that part.

The banter between Soontir and Han was SOOO funny.

Han remained silent a long time. "Well ... we'd have our hides carved out and baked in the Corellian sun, that's for sure." He turned away from the door and pushed Leia and Jaina's enraged faces out of his head.

Soontir nodded slowly. "Besides, your daughter is respectable ... I mean, she takes on your wife's side. She knows what she's doing. Right?"

"Jaina ... yeah. She's a good kid. She knows right from wrong. So, your boy is well groomed ... I mean Syal taught him well. Right?"

"Nothing to worry about really."

"Nahh."

LOL!!!I think they are both hailing from the land of denial (Are there any Buffy fans here that just picked up on that quote?).

Absolute beautifully done story AdMiral.It's been a joy to read.

18. jade_stone

jade_stone Jedi Master star 1

Jun 20, 2002
    :_| Everything's ending! :_|

19. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Well, that was certainly a great ending to the second act. Brooding and sentimental, and with the two characters that you both gave a new light to.

I have said it many times, you both have the ability to break my writers block. It is often just a phrase that will spark a scene in my head. But this closing post to this wonderfull story had marvelous character interaction between Han & Soontir.

I'll be awaiting the time when RH: Act 3 begins its posting in the new section of the FanFiction stories area. It'll be a change for sure.

I've taken up enough space here. . . . I'll just be off plotting the end of Rogue squadron. Firestorm and Relics will have a whole lot o' killin' goin' on! I'm trying to be creative in my killings.

20. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Wow! It's all over! I've been lurking the whole time, and LOVED this story just as much as any NJO book that came out!

I'll be looking forward the part 3! Until then, I'll just re-read 1 and 2! :D

JediFarfy

21. TheBiggerFish

Mar 26, 2001
    *cautiously UP's, wondering if she should still be in the (sniffle) completed thread*

22. TheBiggerFish

Mar 26, 2001
    Double post? How did that happen???? [face_blush] :confused: Haven't done that since newbie days....

23. astrowoman

astrowoman Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2002
    Mira and Admiral,

Thanks for your wonderful story. :D I too loved the J/J mush in this final postie.

I also still remember the teaser you posted from the next act. I can't wait for it to be pubished! I think I agree w/ TBFish, I will have to go back to Act 1 and start reading this again!

Many, many thanks and I hope you enjoy some downtime before starting to post again. Are you still collaborating, or will Mira write Act 3?

Astro

24. ChaseherChiss

ChaseherChiss Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2002
    When I found Interlude and began reading it the first thing that went through my mind was wow this girl can write. Then as that story progressed, I fell in love with the descriptive nature you use in defining your characters. The story was amazing and the writing was wonderful.

Then you gave us a sequel. Fathers and Sons has truly been one of the best stories I have ever read in the Star Wars Fanfiction Universe. The story was inspiring, the characters never broke form, and the writing was exhilirating.

Mira, I realize you probably need a break, so rest relax and don't worry you have some really devoted fans who i'm sure will be tearing their nails off waiting for book 3. Your a very talented writer, and that's why we all keep coming back for more!

Admiral, you as well are an amazing writer. Mira says the Baron is your creation, and I have to say you have made a Baron fan out of me. He is such a dynamic character with such possibility and you breath such life into him it's amazing.

Lastly, thank you both for letting me play on your thread. You've given me a lot of freedom to be creative in honor of your story, and if not for the writing genius behind it I wouldn't have been inspired to even try!

Thanks,

Chas

25. Tara-Ancalime

Tara-Ancalime Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2003
    *****falls over*****

This story's over! I have to go tell my sister! She'll flip and grumble something about being out of a job! :p

She's sort of unable to come to the computer right now (see explanation on Tab's thread) and she wants to let y'all know that she was glad to be your bodyguard, and if you guys start on another venture, she'll be there! :D

And she apologizes for not getting the beta back to you, Admiral! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.