main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rebel Hearts 2: **Fathers and Sons** - Complete!!! Book 3 News - 06/18!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Mira_Terrik, Jul 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Ah, heck, I'll take 100 for Mira and admiral....you don't mind, do you? If you DO mind, PLEASE don't kill me!!!!!!

HAPPY 100!!!!!

2. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    congrats on 100, Mira! (even if Saber stole it for you) :D

*throws confetti in the air*

can we have a post in honor of 100? pretty pretty pretty pretty please? [face_pleading]

3. Scorsa

Scorsa Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 18, 2002
    Yes....yes, a new post in celebration of 100 does seem appropriate....right?

[pleading]Right?

4. Rogue11JS

Rogue11JS Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    OOOO!!!
    OOO!!!
    OOOO!!!
    can i join pleeasseeee???

I brought party hats and

and...

PEPSI!!!

Just for you guys!!!

5. Saber-of-Light

Jun 18, 2002
    Hey, no one was posting, so I took 100. And I took it FOR Mira and Admiral. Since I'm Mira's bodyguard (see page 4 of her vignette collection Across The Universe) it won't be too much of a problem, I hope...and I brought chips and dip with me for the party! **sets them on a table**

Saber

6. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Congrats on 100, Admiral and Mira! :D

7. Saber-of-Light

Jun 18, 2002
    Jade, usually JPS and you post at the same time. Now it's ME and you... :p

8. Scorsa

Jun 18, 2002
    What's a party without a good game?

Well I've brought the GREATEST game!!!
    Ya'll ever played Pit?

9. Saber-of-Light

Jun 18, 2002
    Nooooo...what's Pit?

10. XaveriiJade

XaveriiJade Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2002
    Congrats on 100

11. Scorsa

Jun 18, 2002
    Well, I dunno exactly how to play it via message board, but basically you have 8 sets of nine different commodities:
    wheat, barley, corn, rye, oats, rice, hay, and flax.
    Now it depends on how many people are playing on how many suits you use...but you mix them up, pass them out and then trade with other players trying to collect all of the same commodity.
    You trade by yelling out how many cards you want to trade. So, if I have 5 corn, 2 rye, an oat and a flax, and I want to trade the rye, oat and flax, I yell out to the group "Four!" "Four!" Until someone else also wants to trade four and trades with you.

But there's the Bear and the Bull. The Bull is a wildcard and can be used as a substitute for any needed commodity.
    But if somebody else wins, and you have the bear you lose 50 points.

Each commodity is worth a certain amount of points...so if you get all wheat, and ring the bell (that's what you do when you win) you would get 100 points.

It may sound confusing, but lord is it fun! And loud!!!!

12. Saber-of-Light

Jun 18, 2002
    I'm lost, Scorsa...

13. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
  14. Mira_Terrik

Mira_Terrik Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2002
    I don't know whether I should laugh or cry! [face_shocked] This reaction is something I was not expecting! I'm deeply flattered by your wonderful support and interest. I'm sure the Admiral is too!

GeistDesFritz: Happy belated Birthday and it's good to see you! :)

Well, I may as well grant you a bit of reading, even if it is a short post! Hope you like!

--------------

As the starlines of hyperspace reflected on the cockpit of an unidentified TIE Interceptor, its sole pilot removed his helmet and brooded in his seat.

The starcharts indicated the destination he was headed to: Churba sector? at the edge of the Corellian Trade Spine. Not too far away were Hoth or Bespin. However, his destination was Amaranth.

The Imperial Baron rubbed his knuckles against his chin. His skin was smooth, he had shaved before leaving, claiming his newly acquired status of Ambassador forced him to bear a more formal appearance. Syal had suggested this look and at first he agreed that it would be more suited for this role. He reluctantly admitted, however, that this change in appearance had more to do with Wedge not seeing that his once black goatee was now in shades of gray.

How many years has it been? He wondered, thinking of his brother-in-law and the time he had served in the Rogue Squadron in order to find his wife. A decade? More than that?

He remembered how he had disappeared after that, joining Thrawn on Nirauan. Disappearing in the safety of the Chiss Empire and away from the troubles of the Imperial wars, the New Republic?s crisis ... everything.

At the time, it was the right decision. Syal was pregnant, the kids were young, nothing could have protected them better than the Chiss. We gave them a safe haven ? a normal education, no wars stopping their studies, a big garden for them to play... The last comment made him smile. Still the Agr boy, ?Tir. Syal?s words echoed in his mind.

His thoughts lingered on his wife. He hated being away from her. Over the last several years they hadn?t spent much time together because of commitments and his growing interest in the war raging outside the Unknown Regions. He missed being able to wake up and have her lying next to him, deep in sleep. He missed breakfast with his daughters, Inez and Reina, the conversations the two girls would have about which boy captured their interest that week. He missed the laughter that had once filled his home. Life was simple and carefree.

And then the Yuuzhan Vong came.

He knew of the Vong long before the New Republic. After all, the Chiss had held them away from their Empire, so they turned their attention to the New Republic worlds. He was intrigued at how his brother-in-law was holding up against this new enemy.

Has he found a new, more riveting speech than when he faced the Empire? he thought, sarcastic, recalling the speeches Wedge was so famous for. May the Force be with you. he snickered at the over-rated motto the Rebellion would always use at the end of a mission briefing.

He focused his thoughts on the reason for his trip to Amaranth, recalling the report from Shawnkyr Nuruodo. She explained that the enemy had advanced piloting skills and was a formidable warrior. He knew that already, it was what she had added that made him believe there was some sort of poetic justice. She had added that the Jedi had trouble containing them as they were ?invisible? to the Force.

Baron Fel didn't have a high opinion of the Jedi. Perhaps it was Imperial indoctrination, perhaps because of what Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade had done in the Hand of Thrawn.

But that hokey religion was finally proven wrong. The Force wasn?t in all living things, the Force does not design the fate of men. Men carve their destiny.

Men carve their destiny. Soontir thought of another person who fit this frame of mind. A fellow classmate at Carida, a smuggler he was opposed to in the Nal Hutta uprising, a General he flew with a long time ago ab

15. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    Awesome post Mira, Admiral! :D He he, loved the look into the Baron there. Soontir is one of my favorite characters ;) Excellent job, as always ;)

16. Leah-Beth

Leah-Beth Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    lol. I loved the last little bit there.

Antilles .. what the hell are you doing sitting on your ass ? blowing up your fleet and destroying your most valuable asset ? my son! ? Good, but too direct ...

Classic line!! :D

17. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    it was really great, just seemed a bit short. maybe it has to do with the fact that it was really good! can't wait until Soontir meets Jaina... bombs might just go off! :D

18. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Excellent post, Mira and Admiral! :D

19. GeistDesFritz

GeistDesFritz Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Ooh! Another post, yippee!
    Thanks, guys. The first couple days of being 18 have been...well, a lot like the rest of my life.
    Either that or I'm just a really boring person. :)

20. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    Very excellent :D I partularly loved the last few lines ;)

And congratulations on the huge and correctly justified response. IT just shows how great the story is. We all have high hopes for this fic, and I'm assured that you two will not disappoint ;)

21. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Ah... the brooding Fel. Well done indeed. Maybe I should take a look at that side of him for later.

Great past history on Fel. I especially liked the take on his experiences with Solo.

22. Sahiri

Sahiri Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2002
    Spectacular!!!

Awesome work as usual! I'm looking forward to more!

:D

23. JainaSoloFel

JainaSoloFel Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2002
    My, my what a wonderful post!!!

When should we expect more????

24. XaveriiJade

XaveriiJade Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2002
    Great post! Cant wait for more!

25. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Goodness! I'm just stumbling across all sorts of fanfic gems today... Brilliant posts, Mira! I've been waiting for this one, and you haven't disappointed! Soontir contemplating his greeting for Wedge was hilarious. And as always, I loved the mush!

Keep this up. Can't wait for more!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.