main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Rebel Heist #4 (of 4) - Luke

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Apr 17, 2014.

1. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I also like your post because it did happen, and things changed with the internet, video games, animation, and overall technology and its deliverance. Before, we had to wait, now, we get things pretty quick. I also think that Netflicks is on the verge of changing things even more. Don't be surprised if whole seasons of star wars type episodes get produced and released exclusively on netflicks like the Lost Missions. The demand is there. Just look within the next 5 years we are going to be privey to content for the new star wars that was never dreamed of before, and thats a tall order.

Dark Horse revolutionized and adapted in response to sone possible low sale comic books. Instead of just outright cancelling them, they sold them as TPB in numerous markets thus boosting their sales. These numbers aren't seen as much, but they are their.

2. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Blizzard Entertainment's eBook only compilations of some of their tie-in fiction for StarCraft and Diablo as of late are making it clear to me things are a changing.

3. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Fun issue, and nice to see the heroes being competent, particularly this era's Luke. I was glad to see Luke being more surprised that confident about his lightsaber blocking the blaster bolts, since he still seems more comfortable using his blaster in TESB. I remember his use of it to block the bolts in Rebellion felt off to me, like he was a little too confident pre-Yoda. There's a nice balance here between that naive kid still learning and a rebel who's becoming more seasoned as an operative and soldier.

Making their cargo the shield generators was a nice touch, but, yeah, they're a little too small in that drawing. There's no reason they couldn't have had them acquire some huge junker transport and still fit the generators.

Where did you read that? Comichron has Rebel Heist outside of the top 100, but still the second-highest selling title, in the high teens to around 20,000. Actually, reading the history of that is fascinating. In its heyday, the original Legacy was beating 30K an issue, easily the top seller and way ahead of the only OT comic at the time, Rebellion. Flash forward a couple of years and it was barely clearing 20K, if not the high teens. If Legacy II was selling as well as Legacy I when it ended, even before War, it would still be around where Rebel Heist and Son of Dathomir are now. I'm assuming that's mostly to do with comic sales in general falling in the last few years, right?

4. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011

Yeah. So why exactly is Luke going around having adventures in his dress clothes?

5. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
    'Cuz he's just fabulous like that. :p

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The dude has 3 outfits- one only meant for piloting. So, effectively, he has two outfits. Be grateful he's finally put the white Tatooine robes in the wash for once.

7. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Aren't those Han's pants? Luke didn't bring his wardrobe with him.

Having the other characters loan his clothes and never return them answers why Han only wears the same outfit.

Revanfan1 and WMIRTUTSF like this.
  8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I enjoyed this, especially Jan's take on how Luke "somehow knew" so much. And how important Han, Luke, Leia and Chewie were to the Rebellion.

9. JediFan215

JediFan215 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 31, 2014
    Haven't read the whole thing, but I saw some scans, and have to complain about Luke's lightsaber hilt being wrong on the inside, but right on the outside.... Fail