main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rebel Infiltrators, Dirk Harkness, and COMPNOR (please help.)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by muuurgh8150, Mar 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muuurgh8150

muuurgh8150 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    EDIT: Why does this always happen to me. i post a thread, but it doesn't even get looked at until I beg and plead for people to help me.

I am reading Tales of the New Republic. I am presently reading the story entitled "Gathering Shadows". the main characters names' are Dirk Harkness, and Jai Raventhorn. I know that I've read something else with him in it, but I can't remember where.

Here are my questions.

What else has Harkness been in?

What is COMPNOR?

Has Jai been in any other EU source?

What were the rebel Infiltrators.

2. Ana Vitorrian

Ana Vitorrian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 1999
    Dirk Harkness is a Peter Schweighofer created character that you'll often - but not always - see with another character named "Platt O'Keefe."

There are five different short-stories involving Dirk Harkness in each of the first five Star Wars Adventure Journal's published by West End Games. I think his nemisis ended up being Imperial Advisor Golthan as well a female armored bounty hunter named "Beylessa" (sp?).

As for COMPNOR, you'll find that Imperial Entity described in great detail in the Imperial Sourcebook also published by West End Games - although you'll also get tidbits from across the WEG spectrum, (i.e., Dark Empire Sourcebook, Galaxy Guide 9: Fragments From the Rim, Rules of Engagement, various Star Wars Adventure Journals, etc.).

As for Jai . . . . I don't know. Anyone?

3. muuurgh8150

muuurgh8150 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    Was Harkness in any of the Wraith Squadron books? i know I remember reading about him, but just can't remember where.

4. Alion_Sangre

Alion_Sangre Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Harkness and Raventhorn I have no idea, but the Infiltrators are detailed in the Rebel Alliance Sourcebook and Rules of Engagement from WEG. They may also be in WoTC's Rebellion Era Sourcebook. These guys are the NR's Delta Force or SEALs - they are trained for going behind enemy lines and slipping through security. They generally prefer silent means of killing and often use enemy uniforms or civillian clothing to blend in. This link has some info

<http://conversions.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?s=99c71836f6bb41a444dec945403f2f81&id=856>

COMPNOR is in the Imperial Sourcebook and probably the Rebellion Era Sourcebook. The COMmission for the Preservation of the New Order is basically the political party of the Empire, very similar in scale and makeup to the Communist or Nazi parties of the Soviet Union or WWII Germany - not only does it have a general assembly, but art and science regulation commitees (art must correspond with an overriding aesthetic imposed by COMPNOR, all science research must have a military application), youth indoctrination programs (Sub-Adult Group, or SAGroup), a military wing (CompForce) which trains both assault troops and political officers for the regular military, and an intelligence wing (Imperial Security Bureau, or ISB). COMPNOR is the organization by which Palpatine indoctrinates the populace of the Empire.

5. Qwert_Squadron

Qwert_Squadron Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2002
    Jai was mentioned in CoPL i belive.

everyone else answered everyting else.

6. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I thougth harkness was in NR Intellegence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.