main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rebel/Jedi Deck All Comments Appreciated

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: TCG' started by Ketricel, May 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ketricel

Ketricel Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2003
    Renegade Rebels
    Total Cards: 60

Character (14):
    3x Chewbacca (B)
    1x Obi-Wan Kenobi (A)
    1x Obi-Wan Kenobi (F)
    1x Mace Windu (A)
    1x Mace Windu (B)
    1x Mace Windu (C)
    1x Yoda (B)
    1x Yoda (C)
    4x Rebel Control Officer

Ground (17):
    4x AT-TE Walker 23X
    3x Jawa Sandcrawler
    4x Rebel Armored Freerunner
    4x Tatooine Hanger
    2x Rebel Honor Company

Space (16):
    3x X-Wing Red Ten
    3x X-Wing Attack Formation
    4x X-Wing Red Three
    4x X-Wing Red Two
    1x Luke?s X-Wing (B)
    1x Luke?s X-Wing (A)

Battle (7):
    3x Moment of Truth
    4x Pilot?s Dodge

Mission (7):
    3x Slumming on Coruscant
    2x Seek the Council's Wisdom
    2x Surprise Attack

Strategy

Character:

This deck is a beat stick in character. With the power stack of Mace this deck can out power and out speed most cards that are thrown against it. Chewbacca (B) is in there to help support your ground and space units. With the help of Yoda (C) and his ability your opponent will have to watch what he plays lest it be obliterated by this beast of a character. Obi-Wan is in here for his solid power, health, and speed. Also, the F version give you much needed force if it is discarded. The Rebel Control Officers are the staple to keeping your space fast and powerful. You can turn a slow, lower power X-Wing into a blazing fast, super powerful beat stick unit. Character is the heart and soul of this deck, mainly because of the support it gives to other arenas.

Ground:

This is the vital part to this deck, keeping the Sandcrawlers alive for a few turns is a must have if you want to get out your best cards fast. To help protect these valuable assets if a ground force that can plow its way through most any obstacle. The Walkers come powered with Critical Hit to get in that extra needed damage and the Rebel Armored Freerunners are well worth the cost and can deal out some major damage. If you can get out a Sandcrawler or two you should be able to go through your deck rather quickly and pull out the needed cards. The Tatooine Hanger's are the SWEETEST unit in this deck, because it allows you to play space units for FREE, yes FREE. This is great because you can throw out your entire hand and still have all you build sitting in front of you. And that is always a good thing.

Space:

This is by far the most deadly arena. At first it may not look like much but when you take a closer look you see the true potential lying in wait. All but 2 of the units are under 6 build points, which means you can get most of them out in 1-2 turns (if there are no Tatooine Hangers out). This allows you to make a huge comeback in space with little down time for your opponent to rebuild. All the X-Wings are a staple space unit for any LS deck. The X-Wing Attack Formations are lethal, they can deal out an astounding 4-7 hits while only rolling four dice. The starfighters can hold their own and more often than not win you the battle, especially since they now get Critical Hit 3 against the Death Star.

Battle:

These are simple yet affective cards. Moments of Truth and Pilots Dodge are around to help keep your small space and ground units alive and kicking. Also Moment of Truth can also help save your characters if worse comes to worse. And the Han's Evasion can throw a HUGE wrench in the D*'s attack plans.

Mission:

The Slummings are in there so that you can get those pesky Battle and Mission cards out of your opponent's hand. And it has the added feature of allowing you to see what other cards they can potentially bring out aginst you. Also the Seek's make sure that you keep your force high during messy battles. The Surprise Attack, if played at the right time can not only throw your opponent for a huge loop, but it also can win many a game for you.

Summary:

This deck could win it in the first few turns, but it is meant to drag it out and wear away at your opponent little by little. Because you can draw through almost your entire deck very quickly, you

2. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    hmm from a quick glance all i can see wrong is that all of your ground units are high cost, the tatooine hangers will just get killed if theres nothin to defend it. Also you may want to pack in a few ground intercept units just to keep the hangers alive. And on a final note, UF would be devestating in the space arena there, watch for that.

Ill Be back to do an extra close look sometime later ;)

3. RedneckJedi

RedneckJedi Historian, JediOKC Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 20, 2002
    Jedi_Benji said:
    UF would be devastating in the space arena there

That's part of what Slumming on Coruscant and Surprise Attack are for... denial of those particularly nasty DS battle cards. The beauty of Slumming is that once you take a look at the DS' hand, if UF is there, you know it takes 7 Force to play, and can either wait to discard it later (if you have another Slumming) or you can play Surprise when the 7 Force is attained.

However, I agree totally with your assessment in Ground, and would replace the Rebel Honor Guards with Rebel Squads for the aforementioned intercept and a little savings in Ground BP.

I also recommend some speed boosts, preferably Pilot's Speed, replacing a couple of those Ground units.

4. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    Ok i can give my extended response now :D

Firstly with Charactor, you rely a bit too much on Yoda, Obiwan and Mace, if you lose 2 of them im sure your opponant will most likely target the ground crews or the chewies. And it will also be a huge feat drawing all 3 charactors, youll find that youll get maybe a copy of Mace and maybe one of Yoda or Obi Wan. I say pack in a few of the 'lesser' Jedi, like Shaak Ti, Plo Koon or Kit Fisto, insted of the Chewies.

In Ground i said before about high cost units, you proberbly wont have enough bp's in the middle of the game to build any more. if the opponant has a rush tactic in ground, you'll be overwhelmed. I say drop the Honour Companys, 1 At-Te and one Rebel Freerunner, and throw in 4 Elite Jedi Squads.

Space, looks pretty good but if you want to back those starfighters up you may wish to drop one Red 2 and one Red 3 and throw in 2 Accumulator Class Assault Ships, theyll dish out damage to any Star Destroyer that comes by.

Mission, unless you want to run out of BP's by spending them on mission cards, drop some, i usually play 5 mission cards in my decks just so i can drop units midgame. Id say drop the Suprise Attacks and play a single Second Wave, so if you lose in space you can play that and finish your opponant, because theres no way he'll be able to defeat this new space battle after the last one, And not many people reinforce an arena they have already won.

Your Battle cards are very unusual, most people are playing Anakins Inspiration these days, But ill let you decide what you want for your deck, although i suggest some Anakins Inspirations.

Anyway Good Luck with Your Deck :)

Jedi Benji, Benji Has Spoken!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.