main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rebel Legion/ 501st Discussion

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by FETT-MAN, Jan 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanita

Amanita Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2003
    Canadian, I believe. I forget their name, I'm Nova Scotian. Not sure if we have a provincial chapter.

2. madhorizons

madhorizons Jedi Master star 3

May 10, 2006
    Just tossing around ideas...but is there anything that would work using this tunic (disclaimer...really bad pic and I was, uh, "with beverages")? I have a very light tan crinkle cotton I was thinking for tabards/obi on the top of that.

[image=http://www.madhorizons.com/images/IMG_0226.JPG]

3. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    I, myself, wouldn't as it resembles a bathrobe too much. But that is just me!

- Bill

4. Amanita

Amanita Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2003
    Definately wider tabards would look better with that. Those narrow ones just don't look right.

5. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    There's just the Canadian base, but I think they have like regional groups or whatnot.

Mad, I agree that it needs way wider tabbards to make it look more proportional. Maybe an undershirt as well.

6. madhorizons

madhorizons Jedi Master star 3

May 10, 2006
    Thx for the feedback all...

Ya...ignore the tabards and anything that's not the tunic...that's what the question was in regards to...basically color scheme suggestions is what I'm looking for. The tunic itself is fine for use (I've had RL, TJA, and 501st folks tell me that). There will be an under tunic as well, just haven't decided on what to use for that...maybe another of same color. The black "tabards" in that pic are DEFINITELY not part of my thoughts...those were just kind of there so I used them.

The outer tunics in the prequels have the "bathrobe"/Gi look (collar, crossed left over right).
    [image=http://www.padawansguide.com/oowig/obi35.jpg]

....it's just more obvious w/out the proper tabards & inner tunic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.