Rebel Legion Hawai'i Turns 1 Year Old

Discussion in 'Oahu, Hawaii' started by JayTee_Erricck, May 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayTee_Erricck Force Ghost

star 2
    Greetings fellow Star Wars fans.

Rebel Legion Hawai'i turns 1 year old today. Thanx so much to all those who have shown support over this first year. Your kindness is much appreciated!

We look forward to your continued support & the support of others in the future!

May the [Good Side of the] Force be with you.

Jay Tee
    http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com
  2. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    AWW! Congrats!! [:D]

(by the by, I might be going to Maui next summer. Any reccomendations?)
  3. lavagrrrl Jedi Master

star 4
    Hau`oli Piha Makahiki! I hope the Hawai'i Rebel Legion continues to flourish! :D
  4. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  5. Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR

star 6
    Congrats! Here's to another year of fun for you all! *raises glass8
  6. JayTee_Erricck Force Ghost

star 2
    1) lavagrrrl & Earwen,

Thank you for the encouragement! It is greatly appreciated!

2) Miana,

I haven't been to Maui for about 20 years now! Dang. That was during my high school years. I just remember it being a lot less populace than O'ahu and it seemed that everyone drove pick-up trucks with dogs riding in the back. Ha, ha, ha.

I heard Maui is A LOT more developed now. And I hear Maui is lots of fun on Halloween night. Most people who visit Maui ascend Mount Haleakala [that's Ha-le-a-ka-la] in early morning hours to be on time to watch the sunrise.

Maui is known for its whale-watching opportunities (from shore!) but you'll probably have to check on the information regarding the best times of year for that.

Maui is also known (at least to local Hawai'i people) as a good place to go get ice cream with atzuki (red Japanese beans) in it. I forget the name of the ice cream shop but I can get back to you about it.

Other than that, the only other thing I know about Maui is that it is the only Hawaiian island so far with a Krispy Kreme bakery on it. Ha, ha. Thusly, whenever people from O'ahu visit Mau'i, people usually tell them, "Bring me back some Krispy Kreme!".

I'm guessing those doughnuts are much more easily accessible in your area, though.

May the Force be with you.

Jay Tee
    http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com
  7. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    LOL! Krispy Kreme...

I've been to Maui before, but only the airport. It was my sister's ingenius idea to save money and fly from California to Maui, Maui to Honolulu, then Honolulu to Lihue, Kauai (in one day). Can't figure how that was cheaper, but evidently it was. :p

We'll be going during the summer. Hopefully it won't pour on us like our week in Kauai. :(
  8. lavagrrrl Jedi Master

star 4
    I believe the best whale watching is December through March. Which side of the island are you staying on? The Windward (eastern) side gets a lot more rain throughout the year.

I used to live on the Big Island, so if you decide to go there, I can give you a ton of things to go see. :D
  9. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    No clue which side. My dad just mentioned something about renting a beach house for the week. *shrugs*
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.