main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hawaii Rebel Legion Recruitment

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JayTee_Erricck, Mar 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Greetings, all.

Just a humble announcement: I've been granted the position of "XO" (Executive Officer) for the Hawai'i contingent of "Endor Base". "Endor Base" encompasses not only Hawai'i but Northern California, Oregon, Idaho, and Alaska as well.

If you are not familiar with the Rebel Legion (at http://www.rebellegion.com ), it is essentially the good guy answer to the 501st (bad guy costume) fan organization. Membership is free.

Currently, I am only a member of Rebel Legion forums since my costume is not yet completed. However, once my Rebel Commando (a la the Battle of Endor in Episode VI: Return of the Jedi) is completed, I will be able to upgrade my membership in the Legion.

In any case, I have noticed a "disturbance in the Force" here in Hawai'i. I have, thus far, only seen one Anakin Skywalker costumer, one X-Wing pilot costumer (Missing In Action) & one gal dressed as Princess Leia in Bespin Gown. Not to mention 2 Asian Jedis that I spotted at the Episode II showings at Dole Theatre.

Other than myself, as far as I know, only Hapa Jedi (a.k.a. "Johnakin") has joined the Rebel Legion.

Therefore, I am humbly inviting any & all interested parties here in Hawai'i to join the Rebel Legion. To what end? Well, to bring balance to the Star Wars costuming going on here in Hawai'i. I think it is great that the local 501sters bring the Star Wars legend to the public with their Stormtrooper costumes, etc., but I feel it is regrettable that the good guys (i.e. Rebels & Jedis) have little or no representation in this costuming.

If anything, we fellow Star Wars fans can hang out, have fun as a group & do some good sharing with kids (& the kids at heart) the great legend of Star Wars.

If you have any questions to this end, please let me know. Feel free to post questions here. I'll be sure to get back to you. You may also e-mail me at rip_productions@hotmail.com.

Best wishes,
    Jay Tee Erricck

P.S. Unfortunately, due to measures taken to avoid any legal problems (due to injuries sustained at events, etc.), I do believe Rebel Legion age restriction is limited to persons 18 years or older. I do believe the 501st follows the same policy. My suggestion to any interested Star Wars fans under 18 would be to keep in touch via e-mail (or snail mail) with myself or the Rebel Legion at least until they are old enough to participate in public costuming events. I recommend checking out the Rebel Legion site for more details regarding this.

2. Tig_West

Tig_West Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
    Hey there JT
    I recently joined the RL (Feb) but like you I as of yet do not have a working costume yet. Pieces are coming in and being made, slowly but surely. I'm shooting for a ROTJ Han Solo. I'll see about dropping you an email this weekend.
    Billy

3. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Tig_West/Billy,

I'm glad you joined the Rebel Legion!!! Good to hear it! Thanx so much for responding to my post. Please keep me posted on the progress of your Solo outfit. Wondering if you'll be ready with it by Episode III's release on May 19th, 2005. I'm planning to be at the midnight showing (that **morning**, of course) at Ward Theatres, I believe. Perhaps in costume. Perhaps not. I hear tell the Imperials will be there, too.

If I can only get a hold of the other Rebels I've seen before. The 2 Asian Jedi & the Bespin Leia, we might actually have the start of a group here.

Tig_West, if you have other friends that are Star Wars fans that are interested in costuming, please ask them if they'd like to join us. As the saying goes, the more the merrier.

Good luck with your costume!

May the Force be with you.
    Jay Tee Erricck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.