main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Rebel Mission to Ord Mantell" cover help

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Spacehunter24, Feb 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    If this thread violates any forum rules, I apologize.

I may be getting a factory-sealed REBEL MISSION TO ORD MANTELL LP soon, and in the event that I do, I plan to make a CD copy so that I can listen to it that way instead of playing the LP all the time. I'd like to have the same cover for the CD's case, but I can't seem to find any scans of the LP cover anywhere, and there's no way I can possibly scan the LP cover itself.

Any help in locating a scan of the cover would be greatly appreciated.

Again, I apologize if I just violated a forum rule. :)

2. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    just take a digital picture of the cover when you recieve it and use that as your cover

3. Spacehunter24

Jan 2, 2003
    Hmmmm. Not sure how good the quality would be, but I suppose I could try it.

I could probably have the cover scanned at a place like Kinko's, but it would probably cost too much.

4. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    how much can one scan cost ?

5. Spacehunter24

Jan 2, 2003
    I'm not sure, but when my mom took a disc to one last year to have them print something for her, it cost something like $6.99 - for just one page.

I suppose I could still see how much it would cost to scan an LP cover, but I was just looking for an alternative before shelling out some money.

6. Spacehunter24

Jan 2, 2003
    Well, I don't need a picture of it after all. I got the LP yesterday in the mail and decided to try something. So I scanned the cover (and back, too) in sections, pieced them together like a puzzle in PhotoDeluxe, scaled it down to jewel case size, and voila! It was about two hours' worth of work, but the final result was great.

Now I just need to buy a record player so that I can listen to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.