main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebel Pilots in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by sarlaccsaurs-rex, Mar 17, 2015.

?

Which Rebel Pilot do you want to see the most?

1. Wedge Antilles

54.8%
  2. Biggs Darklighter

21.4%
  3. Red Leader (ANH)

31.0%
  4. Jek Tono Porkins

40.5%
  5. Gold Leader Jon "Dutch" Vander

21.4%
  6. Dak Ralter

9.5%
  7. Zev (Rogue 2 ESB)

11.9%
  8. Other

14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Which fighter Jockeys would you want to see the most?

Discuss and vote! :)

2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I want to see Wedge for sure. And having some female pilots would be nice as well.

whostheBossk likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
  4. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    Plot Twist: Jek "Tono" Porkins is actually Ahsoka "Tano" in disguise and that's how she dies.

SOMEONE DIAL FILONI IMMEDIATELY! !!!

5. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    Porkins ate Ahsoka more likely and the extra weight brought his ship down.

6. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Porkins, Dreis, and Vander. I've always loved them.

7. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    Rebel pilots piloting rebel ships in rebels. Sounds good!

8. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Red Leader, Gold Leader, and Porkins....the rest might be too young.

9. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Wedge, Biggs hold on is that fair just to select one of them?:_|

10. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Biggs - might be a bit too early. He was on Tatooine a year before ANH:

"It's only one more season"
    "That's what you said last year when Biggs and Tank left"

And in the deleted scenes, and the novelization, he's returned for a short time - and tells Luke he plans to jump ship and join the Rebellion.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I want to see some sweet moves.

12. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Red and Gold leader. Biggs is around Luke's age so he is probably still on Tatooine during this time. I'd wager that Wedge isn't a rebel pilot yet either, because if he was, he would have a higher rank than Luke during the OT.

13. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    All of this is very true.

Most of the ANH pilots many of us want to see are likely a way's-off, yet.

But that doesn't mean I didn't still vote for Wedge Antilles. :D

I definitely await the day when we'll see him again. And hopefully, we'll even get to see him out of his pilot gear at some point.

I think it would be really, really great to see Antilles sporting civilian wear. Maybe even using a blaster:

[​IMG]

It was one of the more surface things I liked about Wedge's depiction in the EU. As much as I love the iconic orange Rebel flight suit (and I do), the fact that Antilles wasn't kept tied to just the one look he boasted in the films was awesome. Seeing Wedge in his 'civvies' was like being introduced to a brand new character; one with a whole world of new possibilities.

And I really hope that if we ever see Wedge (or Biggs, or anyone else we're looking forward to seeing) in Rebels, the same will be true there. I know this means additional character models (so, more money), but I really think it pays off big time when animated shows go to the effort of putting their characters in more than just one outfit. Especially in a case like Wedge, where his classic look is based upon a get-up only worn during combat missions. I mean, what pilot regularly wears their flight suit away from the ship?

But you know what? The same is true of the Lothal rebels (give 'em some new gear!). Other than Sabine, I see no reason why the gang needs to continually be seen wearing the same thing, each - and - every - time - we - see - them? [face_waiting]

And if we can't hope to see some variety in their outfits, what hope might we ever have of seeing more periphery characters given some love? I'm barking up the wrong tree, here, I know.

Anyway, yes -- I'd like to see some Antilles action. :p

14. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    I think Red and Gold leaders from ANH, being veteran pilots would make the most sense. I could see Wedge coming in a middle season. (Season 3 late, or early season 4) Biggs would be cool, but considering he left shortly before Luke he would have to be brought in late... VERY LATE like season 5 or 6.

15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Wedge, Red Leader, and Porkins. Only characters from A New Hope who were noticeably older and/or higher ranking; not everyone possible just for the sake of it.

16. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    I would like to see Gold Leader (Nervous Y-wing pilot) though.

17. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Well, that's what I get for being too lazy to look him up. [face_dunno]Should have voted for him too! Thanks for catching that sarlaccsaurs-rex.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Except Wedge was neither older nor higher-ranking. He displayed incredulity during the briefing that the plan could even work, and was chastised by Red Leader for his remark about the Death Star's massive size. He was pretty much meant to be the fighter pilot equivalent of Luke, but without Luke's experiences, thus making hum more arrogant and inexperienced.

All of which he overcomes by TESB. Barely surviving the Death Star attack humbled him to an extent, and a few years later he actually has good experience and is more equal to Luke. So I imagine during Rebels he's around Ezra's age, lessening the chances of him showing up as a pilot. Red Leader, however, is perfectly poised to show up. Imagine if they did use him and referenced his original lines in ANH regarding having known Anakin during the Clone Wars. Now that would be a cool throwback.

19. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 19, 2003
    Red and Gold Leaders; should have included "other" to account for Pops (Gold 5).

20. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    Yes!!! I forgot about Davish "Pops" Krail.

Toonimator and darklordoftech like this.
  21. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The novelization even calls him "a teenaged pilot with the unlikely name of Wedge Antilles".

Jedi Knight Fett and COMPNOR like this.
  22. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Well damn, looks like I royally screwed up my vote. [face_blush] I always thought Wedge was older than Luke, but obviously if he wasn't, he doesn't fit my criteria. I actually took his questioning of the Death Star attack plan as a sign of extensive experience with X-Wings and their capabilities, but that doesn't make much sense if he was a teenager.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and Iron_lord like this.
  23. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    This.

So much 'this' that I will now be thoroughly disappointed if we don't ever see it happen. :)

24. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    Why is it that the only characters people seem to want to see in Rebels are the ones we've seen already? With the exception of "other," all the choices are for established characters (and I'm sure that even the "other" is just there to represent established characters that no one thought to include in the list). It reflects a failure of imagination on our parts that we're not excited to see characters we've NEVER seen before. Instead, people are just talking about wanting to see everyone we've ever seen wearing a pilot's helmet before stick their head in to say hi. At best, the storyline of Rebels could only accommodate ONE character of that level of prominence, because if one showed up, you'd want him/her to talk and interact with the cast, you'd want to learn more about them - and isn't Ahsoka already doing that job as a supporting character? To want more than that only risks crowding out the characters that we're MEANT to be following.

One of the things that Disney/LFL has been doing right so far is creating new characters, people that to us are complete strangers but eventually become as familiar as the characters of old. It's been doing that with Rebels, and is planning to do that with the Journey to the Force Awakens book line and, of course, with the ST. And that's what needs to be encouraged, not some pointless fan-wankery meant to appeal to a subgroup of a subgroup of the fanbase. I don't want to see Wedge, Biggs, Porkins, Dak, Zev, or the Leaders Red or Gold - not a damn one of them. I want to see NEW characters, and I want them to be depicted in a way that makes me like them and/or root for them as much, if not more, than we learned to root for Wedge or any of the other choices that have been listed. This show has proven to me that it's absolutely possible to create new characters. And yet all we can think of is the same-old, same-old? Is that the best we can do? Isn't it better for us to want new things that are just as memorable?

Somebody needs to be able to say, "You know what, Disney/LFL? SURPRISE ME."

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  25. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 19, 2003

He also seems to be a bit of a dandy, as Wedge is described as "rakishly uniformed".

Iron_lord likes this.