main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Rebel Rising: Jyn Erso YA Novel by Beth Revis

Discussion in 'Literature' started by GrandAdmiralJello , Jan 25, 2017.

1. wizards8507

wizards8507 Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2016
    I'll check it out down the line, thanks. I just got into the comics and I still have some catching up to do on the novels (Life Debt and Battlefront) and there are only so many hours in the day. If I ever catch up with the adult, comic, and young adult slate, I'm sure I'll expand to YR.

I use Wookiepedia's "Timeline of Canon Media" page to track this stuff and it's unfortunate that there's not an easier way to identify the YR content that's worth reading versus the stuff that's REALLY for little kids.

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yes, it's YA like Lost Stars and Ahsoka.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

3. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    I'm pleasantly surprised it's coming out in a few short months.

Darkslayer and Blue 5 like this.
  4. Blue 5

Blue 5 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2017
    I wanted to know more about her time with Saw and the details of her young adult life. Can't wait for this.

Darkslayer likes this.
  5. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014

As a rule, when using the Wook timeline page, anything they classify as "YR" is kids stuff, (basic re-tellings - learning to read books etc.) whereas items they mark as "JR" covers all middle grade and YA novels.

Although the Wook doesnt include them in their timeline, there is only 2 "YR" content that is original. Rebels to the Rescue and Bounty Hunt

6. wizards8507

wizards8507 Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2016
    Not the case. They categorize both Ahsoka and Lost Stars as "N" for "Novel."

Endol likes this.
  7. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    ^ Aside from the YA stuff!

8. Sith Iratus

Sith Iratus Jedi Master

Nov 24, 2012
    WebLurker likes this.
  9. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    This is what excites me most about star wars spin off films. New books for new characters to expand on new movie moments!

With this coming along with a Chirrut and Baze book all we need is a novel about..... (breaths in dramatically) Bor Gullet! :p

Darkslayer and DarthSienna like this.
  10. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    For UK-based posters who want a hardback copy:
    These take your money at point of order, Amazon does not:
    Only Q is who'll get copies or not.

EDIT: Should have included this - the way it worked last time on the JtTFA books, the US copies could be bought online up until a few weeks before publication, then for the UK, it was paperback only.

Nor did I hear about anyone ever seeing the hardbacks in a UK bookshop, they could only be got online.

It'll probably be the same again, as the same UK company is offering paperback version, so would suggest if you want a hardback, get your pre-order in quick!

Sinrebirth likes this.
  11. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    I'm surprised that this isn't a Del Rey release. I guess though given how old Jyn is going to be in this novel it would fit better in the YA category than being released by Del Rey.

12. EmperorHorus

EmperorHorus Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2016

Did you actually think that I thought there was a law that would force me to read it?

13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Did you think that I did?

14. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    This is a Young Adult release isn't it?........ I read!:p

15. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    There isn't a law that requires me to read YA novels?

You know, a dystopian society that forces teenagers to read YA novels against their will, and kills the ones who read the least a year or something, would make a good premise for a YA novel series

Naturally it would have a juicy love triangle. The main girl would be plain yet also gorgeous, and would like to read, but thinks that you have to CHOOSE to read for it to mean anything. Boyfriend 1 would be a nerdy guy with a great heart and surprising leadership skills, who reads the most books a year if anyone, and whom everyone but the protagonist knows is perfect for her. Boyfriend 2 would be a hothead, rebellious guy who thinks reading is for losers, who wants to bring down the system, and who the main character finds totally dreamy

Let's hire some attractive 30 year old teenagers and make this thing

16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    There will be a law and it'll be great, fantastically great, believe me.

Sinrebirth and Darkslayer like this.
  17. Ewoklord

Ewoklord Jedi Master star 2

Feb 15, 2014
    You know people, people they write with these big words to confuse us, you know, they're confusing us, they're doing this on purpose, and I have people, very smart people, believe me, that tell me that the best writing, believe me the best, is on a fourth grade level or lower, I know because that's how I write, and I write words, the best words, so I'm gonna make it a law, make it a law, that all writing has to be easily understood by me, no more confusing, confusing big words.

18. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    You know what's really scary? That we've all acquired Trump English ability so damn fast.

19. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Trump vocabulary is marked by its limited nature. Mostly it's the repetition of "good" over and over again complete with circular hand gestures as if he's trying to hypnotize you.

Bush vocabulary on the other hand was marked it's limited nature and its tendency to be grammatically incorrect.

Is we learning yet?

Jedi Ben likes this.
  20. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    The Reading Games, starring Jennifer Lawrence.

QueenSabe7 and Sinrebirth like this.
  21. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    The Reading Games: Catching A Cold

The Reading Games: Mockingbook

Sinrebirth and Darkslayer like this.
  22. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'd watch the films. Even the Happy Clappy Hollywood versions where the Bad Ending gets served as a Not So Bad Ending.

By bad I mean sad, not bad as in poorly written. It was the ending we deserved. I was just happy that the correct nutter got arrowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  23. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    So...This comes out next month on the second. Anyone...Looking forward to it?

Anyone?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

24. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    Yes, I have it preordered with Amazon for Release date delivery. Also have Guardians of the Whills which should be shipping with it.

Love the price guarantee on Amazon. Getting both for just under $19.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

25. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    When does guardian come out?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk