main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Rebel Strike....Cranberry Style!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by ZeroCool69, Oct 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    Ya know, it just figures.
    I'm out, picking up a few odds and ends, when I decide to get a decent set of RP dice. So I go to every store in Ross Park and Northway Malls that might even remotly carry them, to no luck. So I tried a litte comic shop on McKnight Rd. No luck again. Then I remember that my friends play Magic in a comic shop in Cranberry. So, off I go. I trek my happy little self all the way up there, in the pouring rain. Look around, only see a couple of random, almost used die; nothing that really stikes my interest. I ask when they are getting more in, he says they usually get new stuff every other week. I thank him, and as I'm about the leave, the lights flicker. We look at each other, remark it as odd,; chaulk it up to the rain. So I head back down Rt. 19, before I suddenly find myself stuck in stand still traffic. Soon enough, police cars, fire trucks, and ambulances all over the place. After about 2 and a half hours of inching forward bit by bit, taking back roads, cutting through parking lots, and being forced to drive in the opposite directions then I wanted to go, I finally made it home.
    What happened? I missed the giant storm theat blew out store windos, tore apart part of a PNC Bank, through a truck into a Dunken Doughnuts, amongst other things. And I got stuck in the aftermath traffic. Not to sound horrific, but it was like ther was literally and explosion there. It was absolutely surreal. And you wanna know the best part?
    I still don't have my RP dice!!!!!! ARGH!!!!! What's a guy gotta do to get a decent set of dice? Anyone wanna give me some places to go?

2. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Wow that was quite the little misadventure you had there. Sounds like something that would happen to me...better luck next time!

3. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    yeah the rain sucked today....i got stuck at a bus stop with the rain blowing sideways...

Traffic is bad...
    I know a place that might have rp dice how much do you want to spend?
    If i can find them do you want to me to pick them up? if that's the case you can pay me back the next time you see me.

4. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Chris, you could try Eide's downtown.

Did you notice the "Action Figure Cantina" on Rt 19? That guy selss SW toys AND RPG stuff. He should have some dice.

Otherwise there's Phantom of the Attic in Oakland. It's on Craig street. (There are two locations about a block from each other. One is the comic shop, the other is the RPG store.

You want me to pick some up for you?

Are you looking for something specific in color/texture and which dice do you want?

(IE 4,6,8,10,12,20 sided dice?) and how many of each one?

I'd suggest the following:

2 - 4 sided dice
    5 - 6 sided dice
    2 - 8 sided dice
    2 - 10 sided dice
    1 - 12 sided dice
    2 or 3 - 20 sided dice

5. DaRtHCoLeRa

DaRtHCoLeRa Jedi Youngling

Aug 8, 2003
    Theres also a place up here in edinboro that should have them because they are the biggest nerds. If nothing else works out pm me what you need and i will go look for it at the store, im like 85% sure they'll have it then i can send it to you and you can send me the mula.

6. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    If McKnight Rd is close to you, then there is a store nearby called Duncan's Comics on RT 19 that may sell the dice. If you know where CCAC North is located, then the store is a few miles south on the same side of the road.

7. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    There is a phantom of the attack in the Parkway mall near the Fort Pitt Tunnels. They have dice.

And, although it was awful that you were stuck in aftermath traffic, I'm very glad you weren't on the road when that huge storm that tore up everything hit.

8. DaRtHCoLeRa

DaRtHCoLeRa Jedi Youngling

Aug 8, 2003
    I checked the store out for you and they DO have them so if you can't find anything else I can hook you up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.