main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Rebel Without A Cause (AU J/J, J/TK, A/T, L/M) Post 9 Up! 9/2/10

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Twin_Saber, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twin_Saber

Twin_Saber Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    This is kind of an idea for how the Solo kids could have been had they had a somewhat regular home life. No Jedi Academy in this one, instead Luke runs a school on Coruscant that his sister's kids attend. Please read and Review!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Kyp was at the climax of his big riff in their latest song, Darra tapping out a light rhythm behind him. And then it all shut off. There was silence for a moment then a clatter as Jaina violently shoved her mic-stand to the ground. She stomped to the garage door through the dark, kicking a drum along the way, and yanked it open.

?MOM!!!!? She yelled into the lighted house as the band stood in the dark room and tried to disappear.

?Jaina, please. I have an important speech I have to prepare for and I don?t have time for this right now.? Leia Organa Solo replied in a tired and aggrieved voice. With a growl Jaina stalked into the kitchen and flung open the circuit breaker, flipping the switch to return power to the garage. But when she got back it was to find all the others packing up. Kyp and Zekk were zipping the cases closed on their guitars and Darra had stuck her sticks in her back pocket while Jake held his sheaf of music in one hand.

?What are you doing?? Jaina asked; her expression and tone full of ice.

?Jay, face it. We?re done for the night. Go copy Jacen?s homework and go to bed. We can try again tomorrow.? Zekk replied in a calming voice and she deflated. Yet, despite their intentions, none of the others moved a muscle until Jaina responded.

?Get out of here, all of you.? She said with a sigh. Jake and Darra each gently squeezed one of the smaller teen?s shoulders as they passed and were soon gone. Then Zekk gave her a hug and Kyp ruffled her hair.

?We?ll see you tomorrow Midget.? The older man said before both followed the others. She stood and stared at the instruments for a moment before turning and entering the brightly lit kitchen. Her hair was cut in choppy, uneven layers that still held some semblance of symmetry and dyed with streaks of blue, purple, and green in varying shades. And she wore a pair of black synth-leather pants that clung to her legs in a style known as ?skinny? with a blood-red tank-top styled to look like a corset. To complete the look she had on clunk black boots with thick red laces.

She took the stairs three at a time and breezed into her twin?s bedroom. He was standing at the far wall, taking notes on the various animals he kept in cages over there and she simply walked over to his desk and started riffling through the papers there in search of their summer assignment.

?Jace, where is it?? She asked after several minutes of searching, looking up and glaring at her brother.

?I already gave it to Uncle Luke. You?ll just have to write your own paper this year. Like you promised Aunt Mara you would.? He replied calmly, not even looking up from whatever little creature he was studying at the moment. Jaina glared his back, to no effect, for a full five minutes before stalking from his room. She went next door, to her own room, and slammed the door behind her before throwing herself onto her bed. It was the second to last day of summer vacation, and it was her worst one yet.

Please let me know what you think!!

TWIN_SABER

2. Jaya_Jag_Ben

Jaya_Jag_Ben Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 5, 2009
    I've noticed quite a bit of these "if they led normal lives" stories.

I have to admit, you got me hooked.

More!!=D=

First!

3. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    i like it. no force drama or just no academy? just wondering i like it either way.:)

4. Twin_Saber

Aug 28, 2006
    Jaya_Jag_Ben
    Thanks! I'm trying to put together something mostly original and I hope I've succeeded. More is on the way, I'm working on the second chapter right now.

frankieskywalker
    Thank you very much. I'm still debating about the Force, but there is certainly no Academy. Instead luke runs a private school on Coruscant that just happens to have a large population of Force-sensitives.

I'll get the second post up as soon as possible. Thanks for reading!

5. Twin_Saber

Aug 28, 2006
    Here's the next post for your enjoyment! Hope you like it, I had tons of fun writing it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

After spending most of the day struggling to write a paper on the Empire?s policies versus that of the New Republic Jaina threw down her pen in disgust.

?Why am I doing this again?? She asked the various posters in her room.

?Because Jace won?t let you use his.? A snarky voice replied from the door way. She turned and glared at her youngest brother and he met her gaze with a confident smirk.

?Just telling it as I see it big sis.? He said, shrugging his slim shoulders. He was wearing his street-racing outfit; a patched blue flight suit that matched his eyes and a pair of racing goggles hanging from their strap around his neck.

?What do you want runt?? She growled at him, raising one dark brow.

?Hey, I?m not the runt here. Anyway, Mom wanted me to tell you your friends were here and to get them out of the house before she went crazy. Now I?m off to work on No Krakana with Tahiri.? He explained, naming his racer before he disappeared. Jaina immediately jumped up from her sprawled position on her impossibly large bed and yanked her boots on before clattering down the stairs. She nearly broke out laughing right there when she found her mother looking very frazzled and aggrieved as the guys improvised a rap and Darra played the rhythm out on various counters and dishes.

?C?mon guys, we?ve abused this house enough for now. Let?s go to the Venture.? She suggested. They all agreed, loudly and enthusiastically, and followed her from the house. The Errant Venture was an all-ages club in the upper-levels of Coruscant and run by a family friend, Booster Terrik. As they walked they automatically took up their usual positions; Jaina in the lead with Zekk and Kyp flanking her and Jake and Darra taking up the rear. Most people didn?t pay the group any mind, as this was a familiar sight in this neighborhood.

?So, did you get that paper written?? Kyp asked with a mischievous grin and Jaina waved her hand.

?Who cares?? She replied as she swept into the Venture with a flourish. Booster grinned at them from his office door, watching as the activity level in the club immediately picked up. Things like that happened when Jaina Solo was involved, everything got much more exciting. Even though two of the five weren?t old enough to drink, no one officially noticed if Zekk and Jaina palmed a few drinks off their friends. Jake and Darra were the same age as their two friends but, due to cultural stuff that no one could understand, they could out-drink anyone there. And Kyp, well he was old enough, stubborn enough, and idiotic enough to go drinking with kids 15 years younger than him. Shaking his head with a chuckle Booster simply waved for the Bartender to give the group whatever they asked for, in moderation. And why not? It was the last day of summer vacation for these kids and they deserved to party a little.

?Hey Booster!!? Zekk yelled some time later, his words a tiny bit slurred. The older man outright laughed at this, for such a big kid Zekk was a light-weight.

?Yeah kid?? He replied as the five made their way towards him through the crowd.

?How you doing old man?? He asked, a huge grin on his pale face. Jaina was snickering beside him, only slightly buzzed unlike her large friend. Booster raised an eyebrow and Jaina smirked, knowing that her friend had just stepped in a pile of poodoo.

?Old man? That?s an insult kid, one I don?t take lightly. You care to settle that in the way of men?? He replied, holding back a grin. Zekk considered it then nodded.

?Alright then. Someone bring a table and two chairs! We have an insult to settle.? He called into the crowd. A few minutes later the two males were seated across a slim table from each other, sleeves rolled up and elbows firmly planted on the plasteel surface. They grasped hands and Jaina stood between them beside the table, a huge grin

6. Jaya_Jag_Ben

Jun 5, 2009
    Rematch indeed. :p Men.

I'm really liking this.

More soon.

[face_batting]

7. Twin_Saber

Aug 28, 2006
    And here is the third post, finally. I just typed it up today, and thankfully my muse held for the whole scene. Hope you all like it!
    Jaina and the gang had retired to Kyp?s apartment; where they raided his fridge, made a mess of his living room, and messed up the settings on his holo. All to his resigned amusement. And he let them do so simply because these kids were the only people who didn?t really care what he?d done in the past, they accepted him as he was. So he simply watched as Jaina dumped a bowl of popcorn kernels and melon seeds on Zekk?s head. And as Jake and Darra crowded in front of his fridge, searching for yet more to eat. He didn?t even wince when his door slammed open to reveal a triumphantly grinning Jacen with his freakishly somber girlfriend standing beside him.

?Who?s the best band manager on Coruscant?? He crowed in delight as he pranced, yes pranced the boy is something of a pansy at times, into the room and vaulted over the couch.

?Spill it Jace.? Jaina replied with an annoyed roll of her eyes, sticking her booted foot out just as her twin landed, causing him to land flat on his face. He rolled over, completely unfazed, and grinned at them all.

?Guess you don?t wanna know about the gig I got you then.? He said, his brown eyes gleaming wickedly. She stood up and started for the door with a calm, unhurried stride. Jaina smirked and tackled him from behind, pinning him to the ground and shoving his face into the carpet with one small hand in his curly hair. He yelped a muffled noise that sounded something like ?Tenel Ka!!? through the ground. Zekk was cracking up, and Kyp was trying hard not to laugh. Jaina finally got off his back when he stopped struggling, but when he rolled over she pounced and knelt on his recently broadening chest.

?Spill joker.? She said with a malicious grin. Jacen gulped in air and nodded.

?I got you guys a gig at the Rogue. Can I get up now?? He replied, naming the biggest club on planet before his voice rose into a whine at the last.

?Kriffing Sith Jace! Why didn?t you just tell us!? How?d you get us a gig there?! Never mind, when is it!?? Jaina responded excitedly, her voice gradually rising in pitch until everyone in the apartment was cringing from the sound. She finally jumped off her brother and turned to face her audience, feet shoulder-width apart and arms flung out to either side.

?This is our big break guys! This is it!? She screamed happily and tackled Zekk and Kyp with boundless enthusiasm. Jacen staggered to his feet and shot a betrayed glance at Tenel Ka.

?I thought it best not to interfere.? She said simply, giving him a light peck on the lips. Kyp could have sworn he saw amusement in the young athlete?s gray eyes before his view was blocked by the exuberant Jaina. And when he looked again it was gone. Well, she was gone to be more precise. Both of the more studious teens had disappeared out the door as soon as it looked like they could get away without Jaina noticing. Smart of them. But Kyp was stuck here with a shrieking Jaina; it was his house after all. He would like to keep it in one piece.

Hope you all liked that little post. Sorry they're all so short. I'm not so good at typing up longer posts.

TWIN_SABER[face_peace]

8. Jaya_Jag_Ben

Jun 5, 2009
    *dashes in* Sorry it took so long for me to reply!!

Mmmm. [face_thinking] Interesting. The "Rogue". Sounds :cool:

The twin interaction was great. [face_laugh]

Poor Kyp. the only people who don't judge him are kids! :(

Dare I ask, but when will we see a certain green eyed, dark haired man with a scar above his right eye? [face_batting]

Love it!!

Need more!

JJB
    [face_Grin]

9. JordanCHFel

JordanCHFel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2009
    OHHHHHHHH I WANT MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you have a PM list please add me....and you can add my master too (JJB) she won't mind!!!!

10. Twin_Saber

Aug 28, 2006
    Okay. So I totally made up something to replace potatoes, because I had no net access and couldn't do research. But here's the next post, it's much more fluffy than the others. I hope you enjoy!

?Jacen, where?s your sister?? Leia asked her eldest son as he wandered into the kitchen. He shrugged and stuck his finger in the soup she?d gotten from the food processor. He grinned cheekily as she gently whacked his hand before sticking said finger into his mouth and tasting the soup.

?Don?t know. Yum, creamy jark-root. Again.? He replied, raising one brown brow at her and she rolled her brown eyes.

?Really, where?s Jaina?? She asked again and he shook his head in response, his shaggy brown hair flying around his head a little.

?I saw her at Kyp?s last Mom. But I really don?t know.? He replied more seriously, seating himself on a bar stool across the counter from her. Anakin came striding in, wiping grease off his face with a rag that he stuffed into his pocket as soon as he was marginally clean.

?Hey Mom, Jace. Jark-root again? Really Mom, there?s more in processor than that.? He said with a smirk, shoving his older brother?s shoulder as he sat next to him. They all sat there for a moment, a rather comfortable silence covering them as they each pulled out something to entertain themselves with. Jace let his crystal snake run over his hands, though Force knew where he?d gotten it seeing as he hadn?t moved an inch. Anakin pulled a sensor of some sort from his pocket and began tinkering with it while Leia read through something on her datapad. Han sauntered into the kitchen after a day?s work on the Falcon with Chewie trailing along behind him. They looked at the soup and made to turn around. But Leia?s hand shot out and grabbed the shoulder of Han?s vest without even looking.

?Oh no you don?t nerf-herder. You are eating dinner with us tonight.? She said, looking up at him with the imperious expression he?d fallen in love with all those years ago. He laughed and gave her a light kiss before turning back to the boys.

?Jaina hasn?t decided to grace us with her presence yet, eh boys?? He asked with a chuckle. They grinned and shook their heads at him. Jus then the young woman in question calmly walked into the room.

?Good evening wonderful family of mine.? She said in a sing-song voice as she slid into her seat beside Anakin. She leaned over and kissed her father on the cheek and even tapped the head of Jacen?s snake with a single finger. Everyone but Jace looked at her like something was wrong.

?I got her a good gig.? He explained after a moment of questioning silence.

?That explains it.? Anakin replied and reached for a bowl so that they could start eating. Everyone then relaxed into chatter as they began to eat, talking about everything but Jaina?s music. It wasn?t something often spoke of, since it usually sparked one argument or another.

?School starts tomorrow. Have you all finished your summer assignments?? Leia asked after they?d all finished eating. Jacen nodded, once again playing with his snake. Anakin thought for a moment before nodding as well, having to think back a bit to remember if he?d finished his paper or not. Her gaze then turned to her only daughter, who was humming some tune or another under her breath as she drummed out the rhythm on the counter with her long fingers.

?Hmm? Oh, yes. I?ve finished it, more or less.? She replied before standing and stretching her slim arms over her head. Before anyone could say anything she strolled off to her room. Jacen chuckled and stood as well, grinning at his mother.

?I didn?t let her use mine this time Mom, don?t worry. Night.? He said, kissing his mother on the cheek and ruffling his brother?s hair before he too ambled up the stairs and to his room. Anakin shrugged and followed his siblings with an absent wave towards his parents. Han lounged against the counter next to his wife, a small smirk on his face as he watched his children head to bed.

?Han, what are we going to do wit

11. JordanCHFel

Mar 12, 2009
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHH THAT WAS SOOOOOO GOOD!!!!! Just wondering tho when will we see Jag??????? I usually only read stories with Jaggie-poo in them:)

12. Jaya_Jag_Ben

Jun 5, 2009
    "Jaggie-POO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Jordan i'm ashamed.

:p

That was good Twin saber. Keep it up.

Can we have some Jag soon? Please. [face_batting]

JJB

13. smash128

smash128 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 9, 2008
    Everything in this fic has had me laughing nonstop, I'd like to see more of this.

14. Twin_Saber

Aug 28, 2006
    Force people, I'm so sorry it's taken me so long. And to think that the post has been sitting on my thumbdrive collecting dust the whole time. Well anyway, here it is in all it's short glory. Hope you all enjoy! PS: There's a surprise in it for you!

Jaina strolled through the front doors on the school with the others trailing behind, minus Kyp but plus her brothers and their girlfriends. She was headed towards her locker when a nervous freshman intercepted her, standing in her way but staring at the ground. She glared at the kid and a shiver traveled down his spine before Zekk intervened on his behalf, kind of.

?What is it kid?? He growled in that good-natured, gentle-giant way of his.

?M-Master Skywalker wants to see you in his office Goddess.? He stuttered before scampering off to his group of friends down the hall. Jaina scowled and looked mutinous before Zekk placed a hand on her shoulder to get her attention.

?Go on Jay, I?ll get your stuff. You know it?s better to get this out of the way now.? He said and she nodded with a sigh before stalking off to her uncle?s office. She entered the large but simple office with a resigned look on her face but was brought up short by the sight of a young man standing before Luke?s desk.

?Jaina, thank you for arriving so promptly. This is Jagged Fel, he just transferred here and I want you to show him around. And to keep you from ditching him the first chance you get I have made it so that your grade relies on his. You help him catch up on anything his old school hadn?t covered, and you pass.? Her uncle explained, a pleasant smile on his face and mischief in his blue eyes. Jaina eyed Fel thoughtfully, circling around behind him like some sort of predator. Then she turned to her uncle and raised one brown eyebrow, he raised a single golden brow in reply.

?Pass as in graduate?? She asked and he nodded. A grin split her face and she grabbed Fel?s arm.

?Well then, we have work to do.? She said and promptly dragged him from the room. They came out into the hall and she released the boy, causing him to stumble into the lockers.

?Okay Fel, here?s how this is going to work. You pass this year so that I can graduate. If you need academic help talk to my twin. You can hang with us at lunch if you really want to but no following us around after school. Got it?? She said, her tone all business and her brown eyes surprisingly hard. He glared right back at her as he gained his balance and brushed off his immaculately clean jumpsuit.

?Master Skywalker assigned you as my guide here. You would delegate that duty to your brother?? He asked coldly. Jaina pretended to think for a moment before nodding.

?Of course.? She said simply then turned and disappeared into the crowd.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jag stared in the direction she?d disappeared, blown away by her complete disregard for her assigned duties. Then, as he regained control of all his mental faculties, he realized that it could only be expected from the oldest child of one such as Han Solo. With a sigh he went looking for his locker, not paying attention to the other people as he should have been. And that is how he ran face-first into Jacen Solo.

15. Twin_Saber

Aug 28, 2006
    *kicks thread* Stupid double-posting...

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hee! Like seeing the Solo kids as just plain folks LOL Foot, I wanted Jaina and Jag to be ... cozy study buddies [face_laugh] With more on their minds than home work [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

I'm totally into mush -- my reputation for loud Squees is well deserved [face_laugh]

i'll be keeping up with this one.

17. JordanCHFel

Mar 12, 2009
    Oh that was totally great.....can't wait for them to fall in love and Jaina change her clothing style...LOL

18. Lady_Tahiri

Lady_Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2001
    Omg from her wardrobe description it sounds like Jaina shops at Hot Topic [face_laugh] I almost died when they trashed Kyp's apartment.

?Jay, face it. We?re done for the night. Go copy Jacen?s homework and go to bed. We can try again tomorrow.? "We'll see you tomorrow, Midget."
    I wish they'd had more interactions like that, instead of always being caught in the middle of a war. I wish they'd had a garage band.

?Jace, where is it??
    ?I already gave it to Uncle Luke. You?ll just have to write your own paper this year. Like you promised Aunt Mara you would.?

Jacen WOULD be the valedictorian. Anakin of course is the dreamer who sketches during class. Love it.

He didn?t even wince when his door slammed open to reveal a triumphantly grinning Jacen with his freakishly somber girlfriend standing beside him.
    ?Who?s the best band manager on Coruscant?? He crowed in delight as he pranced, yes pranced the boy is something of a pansy at times, into the room and vaulted over the couch.

Dynamite! "Freakishly somber gf" is such an apt description it cracked me up. And band manager is such a perfect role for him in all this, I slapped myself for not seeing it earlier.

They looked at the soup and made to turn around.
    The buildup to this was hilarious!

?Nothing Princess. She?s too much like us to take direction. She has to find her own way.?
    See, and here I thought this was a funny fic. And then you bust out with sometime like this. Good for you for being versatile!

?M-Master Skywalker wants to see you in his office Goddess.? He stuttered before scampering off to his group of friends down the hall
    That homecoming crown has got her name written all over it, doesn't it?

Awesome work. I'm looking forwarding to seeing more of this!

19. Twin_Saber

Aug 28, 2006
    Hey guys, sorry it's been so long. My muse and computer access have been equally sketchy. Anyway, here's chapter six, and I quite like it if I do say so myself. So here you go, hope you all enjoy it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only reason Jacen didn?t fall when the slightly shorter, but much more muscled, youth ran into him was because Tenel Ka was behind him. He grunted and barely held onto his books as Tenel Ka stepped around him to see what happened.

?New here?? Jacen asked in a friendly manner, a crooked smile on his face.

?I-Yes. Is it that obvious?? The guy replied a bit stiffly, turning to open his locker.

?I dunno. I just didn?t recognize you is all. I?m Jacen and this is Tenel Ka.? He introduced himself, idly spinning his own combination and flicking his locker open while Tenel Ka began opening hers. He rummaged around a bit, sticking his curly-haired head inside to see better, before coming out with his first period books and notebooks. But by that time of course Tenel Ka had already gathered her things, closed her locker, locked it, and was patiently waiting for him to finish. Jacen had his hands full so, after a quick and furtive glance around, nudged it with the Force and locked it the same way. Tenel Ka gave him a reproving look and he replied with a sheepish yet somehow still roguish smile.

?Ah. So you are Jacen Solo. Your sister directed me to you, though I am reluctant to ask you to take over her duties as assigned by Mast Skywalker. I am Jagged Fel, a transfer student from Chiss space.? The guy, Jagged, responded with a respectful nod. Jacen sighed and exchanged a knowing look with Tenel Ka.

?Already? She could have at least left it for next week. What?s she supposed to do?? Jacen asked with a sigh, frowning at his sister?s capriciousness.

?She was to help me catch up on anything my previous school had not covered. Master Skywalker told her that if I graduate than she may as well.? Jag replied, noting Jacen?s frown. He also noticed the fact that Tenel Ka exhibited almost no emotion, something not as discomfiting to him as it may have been to most due to his Chiss upbringing. Jacen sighed and shook his head softly.

?Alright, c?mon. You probably have first period with us then.? He said, jerking his head down the hall before turning and heading in that direction. Tenel Ka walked on his right and her imposing presence broke their path through the crowded halls while Jag strode along on his left.

?So Chiss space, huh? That explains why Tenel Ka hasn?t freaked you out. Not that she tries to mind you, it just kinda happens.? Jacen said, rambling in his attempt to start conversation. Jag raised a single eyebrow and looked at Tenel Ka behind the lanky teen?s head. The stoic, red-haired girl simply looked back; seemingly unmoved by her companion?s chatter. So Jag let that drop and turned back to the friendlier boy.

?Yes, my father was a pilot among them for a while after leaving the Empire.? Jag replied, choosing to ignore the boy?s scowl at the mention of the Empire.

?Yes, Fel. He was a talented pilot among the 181st correct?? Tenel Ka finally spoke up, her tone seemingly uninterested and her voice a deep alto. At that Jacen looked up from where he?d been distracted by the creases and scuff marks on his old boots and looked between the two.

?I thought the name sounded familiar. Why?d you guys move back into Known Space?? He asked, the shadow that had crossed his face at the mention of the Empire gone in face of his ever-present curiosity.

?My Uncle is a general with your New Republic and my mother wished to see him. It caused a disagreement so my parents are temporarily estranged, I moved here with my mother.? He replied, absolutely no shame in his voice or face. Neither of them said anything; for their parents had fairly good relations, even if the Solos had spent most of their courtship arguing as if they hated each other. Then they reached their classroom and the awkwar

20. grossmandg144

grossmandg144 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2009
    very nice. although I am a bit doubtful about Syal leaving the Baron. She stood by him for all those years in the unknown regions. But hopefully maybe Wedge rubs off on Jag and maybe Jag becomes a Rogue.

21. Lady_Tahiri

Lady_Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2001
    ?Yeah. I had to change my clothes twice, and by then Dad had taken the chauffeur and I had to catch a taxi. It was so Kr-?
    I miss Raynar and his pompousness. Is his head big enough to shove a Star Destroyer into yet?

I was wondering how you were going to explain Jag moving back to Known Space, and I think you did it perfectly. But Soontir is going to come back for Syal and the kids, right? Right??

22. Twin_Saber

Aug 28, 2006
    To tell the truth, I was wondering too. So what I wrote just kinda came out and I'm not sure where it will go from here, except that it wil be an incredibly wild ride. :D I'm glad you enjoyed it and I'll get right to work on the next post.

TWIN_SABER [face_peace]

23. smash128

smash128 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 9, 2008
    I'm also liking this 'if they had normal lives' concept you have going on. Very interesting, I noticed in yours and in others I have read that Jagged Fel becomes friends or gets along with Jacen Solo, they're kind of a popular group, etc. Do have to make Jacen a bit of pansy though? That hurts my pride and respect for him lol, just kidding you do what you want [face_peace]. Can't wait til to see on whats next with their "normal lives."

24. Twin_Saber

Aug 28, 2006
    I've always seen Jacen as misunderstood, meaning that everyone thinks he's an idiot. He certainly acted like one as a kid and I think that if the Vong hadn't shown up that act would have persisted for a while yet. So most people think he's an idiot, except in Kyp's case where he thinks he's a bit of a pansy. But in fact he's a genius and pretty kriffin' tough. And since he's one of my personal favorites we'll be seeing a lot more of him than is probably usual for a Jaina-centered fic.

25. Twin_Saber

Aug 28, 2006
    Here's the next installment, and I hope I do this part justice. Even if it is just a step towards the much more interesting next few posts. Hope you all like it!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jag was walking next to Raynar, heading for lunch after the end of their third period, when he remembered the comments that had puzzled him that morning. He waited for a pause in the excitable youth?s chatter before speaking, his Chiss manners too well ingrained for him to dismiss them.

?What did Jacen mean by a war this morning?? He asked before the other boy could blaze into yet another story of his misfortune. Now he paused, his stride faltering and his bright blue eyes going wide.

?It?s nothing, just this gang of kids making trouble. They don?t like us Demy kids.? He replied after a moment, using what Jag had learned was a popular abbreviation for Independent Academy, the name of their school. He had a feeling there was more to it than that but before he could ask Raynar pushed the cafeteria doors open and he was blasted with a burst of sudden sound. While he?d had hints of such during the morning he hadn?t yet realized just how different this place was from the Chiss academy he?d attended until this year. A wave of noise washed over him as he followed Raynar through the door and to the serving line. He took a tray and his lunch rather distractedly as his pale green eyes scanned the huge but crowded room and followed Raynar more by instinct than because he saw where he was going. He ended up seated between the blonde boy and Jacen, who mumbled a greeting around a mouthful of food. Then the middle Solo child jerked like he?d been kicked in the shin and Jag would bet anything it had been the impassive red-head sitting on Jacen?s other side. Then Jag turned his gaze to the table?s other occupants and realized Jaina was seated at what could be termed the head of the table with her regular posse. Across from him was a brown-haired underclassman with startling blue eyes, a bouncy blonde girl with emerald eyes, and a large wookie with a thick black stripe in the chestnut fur of his head. There were a few others but these were obviously the main players in this group of friends. Jacen had obviously finished whatever he was eating because he began introductions.

?Hey everybody, this is Jag. He just transferred here from Chiss space and he?s gonna hang with us. Jag, you already know Jaina but the big guy to her right is Zekk. The other two are Jake and Darra, then there?s Lowie; he?s the wookie. Next to him are my brother Anakin and his girlfriend Tahiri.? He explained, pointing at each with his fork as he introduced them before turning back to his food. Then there was the clop of hooves as another being approached their table and Raynar turned as scarlet as his shirt.

?Oh, Lusa! You made it today, this is Jag. He?s new here and he?s hanging with us so I thought I should introduce him to you. You look really nice today you know?? Raynar rambled, finally shutting himself up by stuffing food into his mouth. There was a quiet chuckle that reverberated up the table as the others took in his blush and rambling words. Lusa simply smiled softly and set her tray beside Raynar?s. She was a centauriform girl with chestnut hair and tail. She wore a simple green, sleeveless shirt over her torso and nothing else as she had no need to cover her lower body. It was obvious from his furtive glances as he continued to eat that Raynar very much liked this recent arrival, and also from his comment that she either didn?t always eat with them or she didn?t always make it to school. Throughout the lunch period Jag idly listened their conversations, learning more in this way than he could have by speaking up. And when the bell rang to signal the next class he had a pretty good idea of the group?s dynamics.

?C?mon, we all have this class together.? Jacen said, nudging Jag in the direction of the door as he went to toss his empty tra

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.