main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Rebellion Ruckus Room (Official Social Thread)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Jun 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    We just got back from seeing Superman at the imax. The whole movie wan't 3d only select scenes. But I gotta say this was the best movie I've seen in a long time. They did aloght right with theis movie & not a lot wrong. I don't know if I'd fell that way just seeing the regualr version, but the 3 d version was excellent. Go See it in 3D

2. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    STAR TREK AT THE EASTMAN HOUSE

An exerpt From The Rochester D & C

Summer popcorn
    Featuring: Visiting filmmakers Alexander Payne, Tony Huston and others.

Films: From John Huston classics to Godzilla romps to 3-D B-movies to Star Trek flicks.

When: In July and August.

Where: The Dryden Theatre at the George Eastman House, 900 East Ave.

Admission: $6 for most films; $10 for the Payne appearance.

For details: Call (585) 271-3361, ext. 218, or go to eastmanhouse.org.

Dryden presents a bit of everything

Jack Garner
    Staff film critic

(June 26, 2006) ?...................

The popcorn movie celebration on Thursdays and Fridays will spotlight the first four films in the Star Trek franchise, and each will be accompanied by a classic episode from the original TV series. Also on tap are Chinese action films, as well as purposefully designed one-admission double-features, which include Godzilla movies, the 3-D films The Maze and The Mask (for which special glasses will be provided), and a truly inspiring pairing of Napoleon Dynamite and The Big Lebowski.

As part of the popcorn festival, the Dryden lobby also will offer concessions for sale for the first time in its history, including popcorn (of course), candy and soft drinks.

JGARNER@DemocratandChronicle.com

July 6, 2006
    Star Trek:
    TV episode
    7:00 PM
    STAR TREK: ?WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE." This second pilot episode of the landmark science-fiction series introduced the world to Captain James T. Kirk (William Shatner). Free admission.
    Film specs: (James Goldstone, US 1966, 52 min.)

Star Trek:
    The Motion Picture
    8:00 PM
    Ten years after the original television series ended, the crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise reunited for this big-budget, big-screen version. Now an admiral, Jim Kirk takes control of his starship once again to pursue a mysterious, deadly force headed toward Earth.A 35mm print of the original, theatrical release version will be shown.

Films specs: (Robert Wise, US 1979, 132 min.)

July 13, 2006
    Star Trek:
    TV episode
    STAR TREK: ?SPACE SEED.? The Enterprise encounters a late 20th-century spaceship with a crew kept in suspended animation. The first to revive is Khan (Ricardo Montalban), a brilliant, genetically engineered superman who squares off against Captain Kirk and his comrades. Free admission.

Film specs: (Marc Daniels, US 1967, 52 min.)
    Single Day Event

Star Trek II:
    The Wrath Of Khan
    In the film widely regarded by Trekkers as the best in the series, Khan (Ricardo Montalban) is on a vengeful quest to destroy the man he accuses of marooning him on a barren planet: James T. Kirk. Full of suspenseful showdowns and laced with literary references, the thoughtful script also contains the most emotional exchange ever between Spock (Leonard Nimoy) and Kirk. Regular admission applies.

Film specs: (Nicholas Meyer, US 1982, 113 min.)

July 20, 2006
    Star Trek:
    TV episode
    STAR TREK: ?AMOK TIME.? When the normally emotionless Mr. Spock begins going through a sort of Vulcan puberty, it leads to a visit to his home planet?and a duel to the death with Captain Kirk. Free admission.
    Film specs: (Joseph Pevney, US 1967, 52 min.)

Star Trek III:
    The Search For Spock
    Grieving after the death of his friend Spock, Jim Kirk learns that his Vulcan comrade is alive within the body of Dr. McCoy (DeForest Kelley). Kirk then shanghais the Starship Enterprise in an attempt to resurrect Spock, facing along the way a crew of brutal, renegade Klingons led by Commander Kruge (Christopher Lloyd). Nimoy?s feature directorial debut has a rousing story that makes splendid use of the entire Enterprise crew.

Film specs: (Leonard Nimoy, US 1984, 105 min.)

July 27, 2006
    Star Trek:
    TV episode
    STAR TREK: ?THE CITY ON THE E

3. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I'll have to see if I can get a babysitter for one of these...
    I'm leaning towards IV on the 27th if I can only pick one to go see.

~Doc_Bev

4. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Yeah they got some cool stuff screening this summer at the Dryden. There is a Godzilla Double feature next Friday night I am going to. There is also another one in August.

I was at the Geneseo Air show today and as ussual there was a business making Dog tags so I got a pair made up.

BUHOLTZ
    JEFFREY P
    REBEL LEGION
    ECHO BASE
    ROCHESTER, NY

COOL!!!!!!!!!!!

5. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Wegmans Goes WI FI

Wegmans Stores Provide Internet Access For Shoppers

In March of 2006, Wegmans began offering free Internet access to shoppers via the Internet Café Hot Spots at 21 stores. Any customer using a laptop equipped with a Wi-Fi wireless network card can connect to the Internet for free. The wireless service is only available within the café seating area and is accessible 24 hours a day. Instructions on how to connect to the Internet are available within each café area. The Internet Café is a great way to attract business travelers, college students and customers with laptops.

Stores with an Internet Café Hot Spot

Dulles Canandaigua Hunt Valley

Pittsford Geneseo Downingtown

Penfield Erie Allentown

Sheridan Amherst State College

McKinley Alberta Dick Road

Nazareth Bethlehem Cherry Hill

Fairfax Mt. Laurel

6. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004

D & I are going to tonight's show anyone else interested?

7. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    WOW That was pretty incredible to see on the big screen again If you are a Trek fan I highly recommend going to the next (last) two they'll be showing ST III-Search for Spock next Thursday night & ST IV-Voyage Home on the 27!

8. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    27th sounds cool but I have a long roadtrip the next day :(
    Prolly cant make either

9. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Star trek III tonight

10. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
  11. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    I tried to sign it but i got blocked :eek:

12. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004

Hello all , The last in the seris of Trek Films is being shown tonight at the George Eastman House Dryden Theater

Before the featuer they will show the Classic Trek episode " City on the Edge of Forever" at 7pm then at 8pm Star Trek IV - The Voyage Home

Tickets are 6$ each & Consessions are being sold in the lobby.

Daria & I have caught 2 of the 3 others shown & it has been really great to see these on a big screen again. Check it out!

13. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    I had a few minutes and wanted to send a warm sunny greeting from San Diego California (read California Like Ahhnold it's more fun). I wish I had my armor with me, this would be a fun city to troop in. I bet the folks on the USS Midway would love it...

So far so good here. Presentation one went well and number two starts in 15 minutes. AFterword I'm going to snap some shots of the newly commissioned Nuclear Carrirer the USS Ronald Reagan. too cool!!!

Later all,
    Mike

14. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    I'd try to make the Trekkie thing (even if they'd be destroyed by Star Destroyers) but I've got a full work day and a 5 hr drive after to make tomorrow so REST is my numero uno priority tonight.

15. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    "Well Double-Dumb-A** on you!"

16. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    New Carrier? COOL!!!!!!!!!!

17. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    I am in my new place over in East Rochester. The move on Monday went pretty well considering it was just My parents and I. Since it was so last minute on a Monday, I was not counting on anyone else. I finally got my power and Gas on after mty Landlord fought with RGE for almost a week. Landlord had trouble getting an inspection done. Anyways It?s a lot better than the other one I was in for 6 months. Its bigger and cheaper but I have to pay my gas and Electric, so it comes to about the same in the winter probably. It?s a better location for me. I just got online. Had to string a line from my Kitchen into my room since it?s the only Jack that is hooked up at the moment.

18. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Party @ Jeff's house!

19. jedimaster1610

jedimaster1610 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2005
    Well everyone, Im off to school tommorow(wed) morning! I'm going to miss everyone! I'll be back for thanksgiving so maybe we can meet up then. It's been a pleasure knowing all of you and I wish I had time to say goodbye in person. I'll watch the boards still so feel free to send a message now and then. Farewell friends, and may the force be with you!

Your friend,
    Ron

20. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Aw, Ron!
    You're leaving already! :(
    We'll miss you! [:D]

You'll have to let us know how long your Thanksgiving break is and maybe we could have a Star Wars viewing party or something.

BTW - what day in Oct is your b-day?

~Doc_Bev

21. jedimaster1610

jedimaster1610 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2005
    October 16th

22. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    Good luck at school. Remember - you can still post here from NYC ;-)

23. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    You're probably already on the road but SAFE JOURNEY and Knightshade is right... you can still post up here from down that way.

24. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Yea We hant to hear from you RON! GOOD LUCK MAN!

25. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    Today has been the BEST! While it's OT for these boards... I just got a new user account creation for a new student from Canada... James D. Kirk!

LOL

I had to share.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.