main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Rebellion Ruckus Room (Official Social Thread)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Jun 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkside4life

Darkside4life Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2006
    Hello, fellow Rochester area Star Wars fan. New to the boards and looking forward to meeting some interesting ppl

2. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Welcome DSFL!

3. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Welcome to the FanForce boards Darkside4life!

Be sure to check out our calendar for upcoming events.

~Doc_Bev

4. Darkside4life

Oct 25, 2006
    Hello again all, I was wondering what kind of things normally go on around the rochester area for star wars fans, and what kind of things are normally discussed on this forum here.

Also was wondering If anyone had read the New Book that just came out about a month ago. I can't rember the name off the top of my head but it cronicles the life of Darth Bane and his reoganization of the sith. Just looking for a good critiq on the book and see what people thought about it.

5. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Recently we've been doing a lot of costumed events as many of our members are also in the 501st and Rebel Legion. However, we've also recently been trying to branch out and organize more activities focusing on other areas of fandom. For example, some of our members have recently been playing in a couple tournaments for the Star Wars minatures game.

As far as what kinds of things are normally discussed - the easiest thing to do would be skim the subject lines of the most recent posts here on these boards. ;)

Personally, I haven't even been able to keep up with buying the new books much less reading them, but maybe someone else here has. Feel free to start a new thread to discuss or solicit reviews for books.

~Doc_Bev

6. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    there was a handful of us that used to do a monthly book discussion for those who were interested. Since alot of people were into so many things, some only costuming, some only gaming etc.. so it made for a nice blend.

Since we dropped the discussion its been forever since I read a new SW book :(

7. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    We've been picking up lots of used books from the thrift stores and used bookstores, but I've been obcessively reading Barbara Michaels, Elizabeth Peters and Robert Asprin lately as well as the Chronicles of Narnia and some others when movies come out. My husband has been catching up on the Star Trek novels and superhero ones that we've picked up over the last few months. Probably when he's all caught up on those, he'll start picking up the Star Wars ones in chronological order since we've been filling in our collection nicely.

8. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    *sighs* yes I have quite a few that I have sitting waiting to be read. Almost finished with the left behind series. I absolutely love it! on the last book now.

9. Darkside4life

Oct 25, 2006
    You mentioned gaming, what kind RPG or minis? I have been playing D&D for years and have been trying to get some of my group to convert. Unfortantly that has met with mix feelings, a majoraty against.

10. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    The Star Wars minis game is what some of our members are currently playing.
    In fact our next meeting on Nov 19th will be featuring miniatures trading.

~Doc_Bev

11. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Booo!

Happy Halloween Ra-cha-cha!

12. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Happy Halloween everyone!

I actually got both younglings to take a nap so I'm hoping there will be no cranky-ness for trick-or-treating!
    Now I just have to decide which costume to wear...
    I might dig out the Jedi so I can use my lightsaber as a flashlight. ;)

~Doc_Bev

13. jedimaster1610

jedimaster1610 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2005
    Hi everyone, just popping in for another celebrity update. Wednesday night some friends and I went to a comedy club my friend wanted to visit. We werent able to get in because we werent 21 so we stayed outside chatting. Because we were hanging around outside we ended up getting to meet the comedians when they were taking breaks from their sets to get some air. I met David Cross (Arrested Developement, MIB 1+2, Scary Movie 2, ect.) and was able to get a picture taken with him. He and the other comedians were pretty cool and invited us to come again next week to either try to sneak in, or just talk outside again. Wish you guys were here, talk to you soon.

Ron

14. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Very cool! [face_dancing]

My only NYC celebrity encounter (outside of the cons I've been to) was Annette O'Toole from Superman & Smallville). But, she was just walking one way down the sidewalk and KnightShade, Connor and I were walking down the other - KS didn't even see her.

~Doc_Bev

15. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    On November 20th. at 9 a.m., WPXY will have a Star Wars/Cinemax/HBO pack available on their Freeloader Shopping Mall for 20,000 points. It will include "a Limited Edition STAR WARS lunch box, along with HBO Tote Bag, T-shirt, Mousepad, picture frame, and pen. This November, the forces of good unite.
    HBO & CINEMAX align to bring you an unparalleled entertainment, all 6 episodes of STAR WARS in one place. Call Time Warner Cable (800-756-7956) to add CINEMAX & HBO today free for 2 months."

It is free to join WPXY's club and you get 50 points logging into their site everyday, 500 points (1000 on Thursdays) for entering the password of the day (which is announced on-air at different times during the day), then points for surveys, trivia contests, visiting sites or places their DJ's visit, etc.. I've gotten tickets to sneak previews of movies and a studio concert and an autograph with the Bare Naked Ladies just in the past month or so.

16. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    ....so, Do any of you remember the uh..."fan film" that Pittsburgh won an award for last year at the NE Awards banquet?

And I threw a fit because It was bad and I didn't want anyone to think i was in any way involved with the making of the film....

then you guys adopted me so i could leave the shame of that fan film....

I just wanted to stop by and say hello...
    because of this
    and please only click the link if you are free of heart ailments....
    and yes...it's that bad.

PS. I swear that I had absolutely nothing to do with this fan film!
    PPS. You should all go and mock Pittsburgh...because we're still mocking ourselves...er..and i'm mocking them!

17. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    Hey Gang; I need some assistance with a recent eBay snafu. Could any of you with active PayPal accounts please call me ASAP to discuss. Thank You!!!!

-- Dean --

Oh, my number is (585) 313-4431. Thanx, again!

18. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Its true my old Padawan had nothing to do with our award winning fanfilm, and she mocks it to hide her disappointment that she wasn't part of its greatness. [face_mischief]

19. Wolf_Girl

Wolf_Girl Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2006
    :eek: oh man that was scary to watch, I'm going to have nightmares for weeks..... :_|

20. jedimaster1610

jedimaster1610 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2005
    Hey everyone, I'll be visiting home next week for thanksgiving so I was wondering if everyone wanted to get together one night. Maybe dinner, bowling, or something just to hang out (Even moldmaking ;) ) Let me know what you guys think and what your time schedules are like. Hopefully I'll see ya soon.

-Ron

21. Wolf_Girl

Wolf_Girl Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2006
    Ill be home too, so id be into doing something.....anything....i miss you guys

22. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Oh cool!
    It definitely sounds like we're doing something I'm just not sure what or when. :p

~Doc_Bev

23. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    WooHoo Party Time!

24. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    For those that don't frequent the North Ridge's boards....
    Fellow FanForce members VideoPrince have an Important Announcement. :D
    (and no it's not the same as my special announcement from a year ago :p)

~Doc_Bev

25. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    <-- *points to new title*
    Yay me! :D
    Thanks again all for helping me earn that title.

~Doc_Bev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.