main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Rebellion Ruckus Room (Official Social Thread)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Jun 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    OHHHHH! I understand

2. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Talked to Duane last night and he cant get a babysitter.

I'm supposed to have dinner with Christina but after I'm pretty free.

3. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Lets see....New Years eve.... no nothing same old crap for me...I plan on getting to bed around 9:00 or 9:30 so I can get up at 3am for work at Target and Then McDonalds as ussual. I ussually go over to my friend Whitneys to watch Anime and get drunk off of good old Bacardi but not this year. I did not think of taking it off.

Have a good one everybody.

4. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I noticed while at the Greece mall a couple days ago that there were "store closing" signs at the Waldenbooks. I didn't have the time to walk in and find out more, but I was quite surprised to see them. I wonder if a Borders is going in or if the B&N will be the only bookstore for the mall.

~Doc_Bev

5. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Yeah, we saw that too. Also FYE @ eastview is going to stop selling comic books what they have left is 99 cents each (some 2 for 1.00 no matter what it is , we picked up a couple autographed & thicker special editions.

6. wookie_cookie

wookie_cookie Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2001
    Hello from Texas!

I just wanted to stop by and say hi and how much I miss you guys.

Plus, I started working for the local paper here and even though I've been working here less than a month, I got to write a Star Wars story. :)

The story is about a local 501st member who was in the Rose Parade. His name is Phil Yellott, and he said he knew Darren, which was cool. ;) I read Darren's article in the D&C, I hope he had a good time.

here's the link if you're want to read it!

http://www.marshallnewsmessenger.com/news/content/news/stories/01062007_parade.html

Hope to see you guys at C4!!

-Erica

7. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Wookie Cookie!
    It's so great to hear from you!
    What a small world - yes we know Phil we hung out with him a bit at CIII and then obviously he and Darren were in the Color Guard for the Rose Parade.
    Absolutely awesome article by the way. Kudos for getting all the facts straight. I've read many articles where the numbers were just all off.

~Doc_Bev

8. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Great Story Erica, great to hear from you again.

9. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    [face_dancing] Daria just got the call from Rochester Talent. THey want her to be the female half of a couple having a domsetic dispute. She's shooting next thursday![face_dancing]

10. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Congrats Daria! I'm sure you'll do well.=D=

11. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Wow! That's so cool! =D=

Good luck DarSolo! [face_good_luck]

~Doc_Bev

12. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
  13. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    Thanks guys. I wonder if Ron will still shooting the behind the scenes next week or whether he'll be back to classes. U of R's classes are starting up next Wednesday. Now to get over this flu that has set my head spinning for the past couple of days.

14. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Have you practiced for the film shoot? If I see bruises on Tom, there may be some concern, but can be blamed on "film preparation."

15. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    You have a strange sense of humor Chris...

~Doc_Bev

16. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    :D [face_devil] :D

What is the name of the film? Who is starring in it?

17. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    Sorry, Chris - Tom is in Pennsylvania this week.

The movie is The Alphabet Killer which is based on a true story about an unsolved case of the murder of 3 girls with the same initials in Rochester in the 1970's. The 2 biggest stars in the movie are Eliza Dushku and Michael Ironside. It would be so cool to meet Carl Lumbly since was recently in a Battlestar Galactica episode. Since my scene is in a police station, I could see Eliza Dushku, Michael Ironside, Tom Noonan, Cary Elwes and/or Tom Malloy.

18. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Sounds like you'll have a great experience!

19. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    It was for me look up further on this page, I have a link to some pics i took with my camera phone. It was pretty damn cool. At least Daria wont have to be outside in the cold & rain for 7 hours.

20. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    [face_laugh] I have a strange sense of humor as well I guess. :p That got a chuckle out of me Chris. This movie sounds pretty cool. A movie about something that took place here in Rochester. WOW

21. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    [face_laugh] I have a strange sense of humor as well I guess. :p
    This movie sounds pretty cool. A movie about something that took place here in Rochester. Has there ever been a film like that before?

22. jedimaster1610

jedimaster1610 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2005
    Whew! It's been an exhausting few weeks. I've been on-set about 6 days a week, for 12 to 18 hours a day. Besides shooting behind the scenes I also worked as a Grip and Electric crew member. It was definately a blast, met a lot of cool people between the cast and crew. Cary Elwes is a pretty good guy, I talked with him a couple of times as well as Timothy Hutton. I finished up this morning as my last day on-set since I have to go back to NYC on Monday.

Also, some little fun facts to look for when the movie comes out. Some of the scenes take place in "the Rochester police station" and if you take a close look at the mugshots that line the walls, one of them is mine!;) Another little something I contributed is also in the police station. In the station a tv is on showing a "local" news program. Some of the footage shown while the reporter talks is footage I shot!

23. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    That is so awesome Ron!

~Doc_Bev

24. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    WOW!!!!!!!!! SSSSSWWWWWEEEEEEEETTTT!!!!!!!!

25. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    ok ron we'll see if Daria can get a picture of your mug shot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.