main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Rebellion Ruckus Room (Official Social Thread)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Jun 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Good luck today DarSolo!

If folks have anything expensive they want to sell on eBay - today is the day. Listings are only $0.20 (usually the listing fee is based on the value of the item).

~Doc_Bev

2. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I know this is a kids show and not many of you on here have kids, but - Connor's current favorite show is The Upside Down show on Noggin. It is pretty hilarious. Some parts have had me laughing out loud. [face_laugh]
    In each episode they use an imaginary remote control to do different things. One time they hit the sneeze button and then the reverse button. I really don't think I'd ever seen someone sneeze in reverse before.

~Doc_Bev

3. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    Well, News on the new book is out there ... a little late but hey

According to an interview Rowling did with Mugglenet/TLC (http://www.mugglenet.com/app/news/show/248)

"Dumbledore IS dead. Don't expect him to pull a Gandalf"
    Of course I don't think that dead means out of the picture. (pun sort of intended)

She debunked several rumours all viewable at

http://www.mugglenet.com/books/futurebooks/book7/rumors.shtml

4. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    Oh and if you Harry Potter fans want a hell of a good chuckle, Radcliffe (Harry) appeared in the BRILLIANT Britcom "Extras"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBN7fJwZ-iM

5. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    COMPLETELY off-topic, but... Yesterday I got a response (in the form of a voice-mail on my phone after the battery died!) from WXXI's Radio Division, after submitting my resume for consideration last week, and went to an interview today. It went VERY well, I think. and if all goes well, I'll be manning a Radio Board there before the month is out! Early Saturday shift (8:30am-noon), but it's a "foot back in the door", so to speak, and my Interviewer said that the Job description has already grown, so it'll probably wind up being more hours than that to begin with. She really perked up when I said I don't do a durn thing with my weekdays...

Wish me luck!!!

6. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Good Luck! [face_good_luck]

~Doc_Bev

7. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    Good luck Dean!

On another note, I got my pre-order email for Harry Potter Book 7! It comes out in July this year...

8. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Good luck Dean

9. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    UPDATE: WXXI called this afternoon at 4:39pm to offer me the job. Of course, I accepted. Training begins 9:00am Monday morning.

10. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Awesome! WTG!=D=

11. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Yay! Congratulations!
    I'm so glad to hear the good news.

~Doc_Bev

12. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    Congrats Dean! [face_dancing] I'm so happy for you. Good luck with training on Monday. :)

13. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
  14. jedimaster1610

jedimaster1610 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2005
  15. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Thats great news Dean. Job is good.

16. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    Yeah, it was! Started training yesterday, and it was really cool. The job is pretty easy, the work not un-like what I've done before, the pay-scale more than adequate, and there's a lot of cool new digital toys to play with! I go back for more training Thursday and Friday, but won't actually begin work until the Saturday after the NYC ComiCon that Ryan and I are attending.

I'd tell you all to tune in, but my job is for "Reachout Radio", broadcast on a sub-carrier frequency of WXXI's FM signal, and only receivable by special radios that you have to write WXXI and subscribe for. And seeing as how no one in our group is severly visually impaired (read: blind), I don't think that anyone here has one of those radios. Though Darren, with his knowledge of electronics, might be able to tune us in... Besides, I really only read the weather like, once an hour, and that's pretty much all the talking I do!

17. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Somewhere in this thread I think we were talking about UofR's Meliora weekend and how Drew Carey was going to be there. I was just looking through UofR's Rochester Review magazine I got in the mail and there was a photo from the event. It showed Drew Carey AND Greg Proops with 5 other comedians in the background (a couple of them I recognized from Who's Line Is It, Anyway?). That would have been cool to see...

~Doc_Bev

18. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    I may be off my feet for a bit since I injured my MCL in my left knee when I fell on some ice walking into work this morning. I'll see an ortho on Wed. morning. [face_worried]

19. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Ooh, sorry to hear that. :(

I still have a nice big bruise and scab when I fell on some ice in our driveway two weeks ago.

~Doc_Bev

20. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Has any one seen this before? Hello Kitty Vader

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b65/ambushbug74/vaderfuzz.jpg

21. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Oh, my....
    I hadn't seen that yet, but the hallway reminds me of CIII.

~Doc_Bev

22. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
  23. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    Hey gang: We have a small, four-legged furry buddy who needs a home...

The Wackos who lived next door got themselves evicted, and after a failed robbery attempt at the Chinese restaurant next door by one of them Sunday night, the bastards abandoned their apartment, leaving many belongings and this small, little, loveable guy behind. I believe the landlord is having Animal Control pick him up today, but I'll let you know where he's being kept, if you're interested in adapoting him. Here's some pix I took not an hour ago from the time of this post:

[image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/MadKidJedi/MadKids%20Image%20Holocron/IMG_0080.jpg], [image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/MadKidJedi/MadKids%20Image%20Holocron/IMG_0081.jpg], [image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/MadKidJedi/MadKids%20Image%20Holocron/IMG_0082.jpg]
    [image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/MadKidJedi/MadKids%20Image%20Holocron/IMG_0085.jpg], [image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/MadKidJedi/MadKids%20Image%20Holocron/IMG_0086.jpg]

If anyone here has the room in their heart and their home for this little guy, plese call me ASAP, as he's really in ned of some lovin'!

PS: I got another job (full time position), and perhaps a new living arrangement... more on those topics later...

24. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Awwh...
    I wish we could, but we have enough problems with the 2 cats we already have. :p

Congrats on the job and possible new place!

~Doc_Bev

25. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    Thanks, Nicky. I should start the new gig first thing next week. It's retail... said I'd never go there again, but.... gotta pay the bills. And the new apartment puts me closer to Nathaniel's and WXXI, and looks out over Highland Park. Lotsa space, and nice situation. Hope they accept me. ANd I hope Emily doesn't destroy all my stuff when I tell her... shhhhhhh!!!

UPDATE FROM YESTERDAY: Emily has taken it upon herself to adopt the little kitten I posted pix of yesterday as her own, bringing our cat total to FOUR. That new apartment is looking better all the time...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.