main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC RebelMom, Cheryl Wiegand memories

Discussion in 'Community' started by cathiecat, Jan 16, 2016.

1. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    With the new movie out and my thoughts of Star Wars still going strong I just was hoping to get a few memories of RebelMom going. I miss her and think of her almost daily, she was such a dear friend and a true fan of Star Wars. The memory I wanted to mention was her love for Luke Skywalker. I know she would have been so excited by his return, if a little deflated by his screentime, but would have had high hopes for ep VIII.

Hoping some other people will come out of the woodwork with a few memories.

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I remember Cheryl from the fanfic boards. Also got the chance to meet her at C4. Chatted SW with her a bit and had her sign my the jacket I bought there.

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    RebelMom - oh the memories of her on the fanfic boards. She gave me some terrific L/M reads. I couldn't lurk with her and VaderLVR64 writing amazing, amazing stuff! [face_love] Obaona and Jedi Trace too. :D These talented fangirls really helped ramp up my Luke loving [face_laugh] [face_mischief] Helped me eventually dive into writing fanfics too. :D

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I met her in person once, in Seattle. She and DarthBreezy and I went to the sci-fi museum together. Good times.

Sad that she died so young. :(

5. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
  6. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I just left flowers and a note. What a wonderful thing to be able to do. Thank you.

7. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    She was such an amazing woman. We'd have dinner together whenever she drove through San Diego on the way to visit her kid in school out here. I'll always miss her. :(

8. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Has anyone kept up with what her sons' are up to?